#1 almarsh132

almarsh132

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 389 posts
  • Local Club: Medway Mini's

Posted 13 November 2011 - 02:05 PM

My red mini sprite (ruby) is soon to be coming off the road for some 'overhaulin' over the winter months. Managed to get my first car back(ford fiesta) for a bargain £150! So that will be my runaround whilst working on mini. Hoping to do some engine work, new suspension parts, weatherproofing e.c.t. Due to have fiesta back in a few weeks :)

#2 giner88

giner88

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 914 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 02:10 PM

lol i have a Sprite and she is called Ruby to! allthough i like to call her rough ruby because she is anything but nice and shiny. lol

#3 almarsh132

almarsh132

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 07:48 PM

Mines not too shiny either! Mini will be a summer car, so heres the plans:

Subframes powdercoated, soild mounted
New shocks/ suspension cone conversion
Negative Camber Setup
Rollcage
Flip front
Fibreglass panels
Polcarbonate windows
Possible engine overbore
New cam/followers
Leightened and balanced
Webber carb
Stainless decat exhaust

SUPERCHARGER :)

Now i just need to find the money........ :D

Spoil the paintwork and see how it comes up

Edited by almarsh132, 26 November 2011 - 07:48 PM.

#4 almarsh132

almarsh132

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 10:03 PM

Mini officially went into hibernation today! Soon to be starting the smaller free jobs :)

#5 mk1leg

mk1leg

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,341 posts
  • Local Club: Mini Club Jersey, MCR

Posted 30 November 2011 - 12:01 AM

Sounds like a good plan.....but stay away from the full solid mounts as this will shake your bones .........I did this and changed to this...........just do tower top and bot and rubber teardrop and rubber rear mounts................. :proud:

#6 almarsh132

almarsh132

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 10:49 PM

Will do! :) So i actually dcided to get off my backside and do something. With the help of a freind we made quick work of the inside! Boot is also stripped but didnt take pic, found one patch of rust on inside of rear arch, should be an easy fix though. Solid shell otherwise! Here are pics:

#7 almarsh132

almarsh132

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 05:26 PM

Wow it feels like im a TMF ghost! Haha. There will now be progress on the mini as I need it back on the road by the beggining of march time! Found out today that i havnt got a standard 1275 engine, but an MG Metro 1275 engine, so as you can imagaine im in a VERY happy mood right now :). It was an SPi converted to carb fuelling which also means ive got the 1.75" carb to suit! To add to the excitement my stainless manifold, cone filter and double rate valve springs have also arrived. The mouldable carpet which I got for a bargain £19.99 delivered will be gracing the minis interior. It is the stuff used by honda so is very efficient but only 2mm thick= weight saving, happy days! Here is a picture of the manifold. Rust treatment to commence wednesday :) :)

#8 almarsh132

almarsh132

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 09:24 PM

Wow, I didnt realise how long ive been off the forum! A new job as an electronics technician and other commitments mean that unfortunately the big plans ive had for the car havnt prevailed, however! I got a few goodies. Ruby will be off the road again come christmas time as im finally earning a decent wage. Uprated suspension, engine goodies and billet alloy parts will be purchased! :). Where I work has speedbumps so i havnt touched the suspension as you can imagine! Had to take the car up to the garage so they could reshape exhaust centre pip to stop it getting ripped off the car! Below are the performance mods ive done so far.

Alloy inlet manifold
Cone filter
AAU needle
Stainless steel manifold
straight through decat stainless system, 2" to 3" fletcher backbox
double rate valve springs
minor head cleanup

many people think its a motorbike they hear coming........ :D

#9 almarsh132

almarsh132

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 09:41 PM

Posted Image Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#10 almarsh132

almarsh132

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 09:42 PM

Posted Image

As she is now!

#11 almarsh132

almarsh132

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 09:11 PM

Looking too go twin cam cylinder head conversion. Anybody have any reccomendations? Looking at the diy kits avaiable, but might be less hassle to save up for longer and get one already prepared?

#12 almarsh132

almarsh132

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 11 January 2015 - 05:30 PM

Wow, the mini really has taken a back seat the last couple of years. Looking to try and kickstart that mini bug again! Earlier last year at the IMM I bought all the panels I needed to beat the rust! and that's as far as it went. With the purchase of an engine hoist I went nuts today! Removed hubs, dropped subframe out underneath and then separated. Subframe is back in, but not done up as I lost the biggest bloody bolts on the car! New bolts ordered and engine stand from machine mart are for next weekend.

Target will be to get the engine on stand, refit the hubs to get the shell rolling again!

#13 almarsh132

almarsh132

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 13 January 2015 - 08:19 AM

Just had to clear all my pictures! anyway, Pic of car with subframe out from last weekend, just before we separated engine. Engine stand should arrive today, and here is my new runaround :). So I can work on the subframe separately. I've ordered some castors that I'm going to screw to a pallet and strap to the front end so I can still move it around!

Ordered some tower bolts too as I've managed to lose the bloody things!

Attached Files

#14 almarsh132

almarsh132

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 13 January 2015 - 07:18 PM

My engine stand arrived today! However my joy was short lived as I cane home to this, selfish b******s

Attached Files

#15 coopdog

coopdog

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,506 posts

Posted 14 January 2015 - 11:38 AM

going well then :L

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users