#46 almarsh132

almarsh132

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 389 posts
  • Local Club: Medway Mini's

Posted 23 July 2016 - 05:29 PM

Only had a few hours this afternoon but manages to disassemble the subframe, degrease wipe over with thinners ready for painting tomorrow.

Was hoping to save some of the brake line parts but looks like I'll be putting in another big minisport order tonight.

#47 almarsh132

almarsh132

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 24 July 2016 - 06:47 PM

Didn't get as much done as I had hoped for! I suppose if everything was straight forward then I wouldn't have anything to talk about!

Good Points:

Subframe disassembled, cleaned and hammerited

Hubs stripped down

Top arms stripped down

Bad points

Cannot get the bearing out of the top arm spindle ends. Anybody used a special tool or have any advice? I'm glad I don't have a swear jar as if I did otherwise after today I would be losing the house!

#48 almarsh132

almarsh132

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 25 July 2016 - 06:05 PM

Bought gaz coilover conversion and new top arms. We all like a picture so here is my fresh looking front subby!

#49 almarsh132

almarsh132

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 25 July 2016 - 06:06 PM

Attached File  2016-07-25_1903.png   588.07K   5 downloadsBought gaz coilover conversion and new top arms. We all like a picture so here is my fresh looking front subby!

Edited by almarsh132, 25 July 2016 - 06:07 PM.

#50 almarsh132

almarsh132

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 12 March 2017 - 04:22 PM

WARNING

Thread revival......

Now I have recovered financially from he new house been working on the mini last few months.

Found somebody had done a bodge repair on the rear su by so had to buy a new one along with a load of other gubbins.

Wanted to get serious so first investment was a roll-over jig. Haven't welded yet but can already tell it was a wise investment!

Attached Files

#51 Cookiez

Cookiez

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 27 September 2017 - 04:19 PM

Good place to start underneath

That's what I did

My welding got better as I went along

Good luck

#52 almarsh132

almarsh132

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 29 January 2018 - 02:27 PM

Thread Revival Part two!

Its been a while, with the passing of my grandmothers within a 4 week period in the first half of last year the mini has not been a priority. In Brighter News I'm getting married to my fiancé in August and plan to turn up in the mini, so I have a date to hit!

Welding with the exception of the rear valance, small plate in passenger pan and outer seal is done. Unfortunately the high winds led to the detachment of the temporary shelters roof which is now covered in Tarp (wont last long). Need to get the sub frames on and rolled into its permanent home.

I know my welding wont win any beauty contests but it will hold up. I havn't put pictures of everything up as would be here forever! :)

Attached Files

• Attached File  1.JPG   40.95K   17 downloads
  • Attached File  2.JPG   55.83K   15 downloads

#53 Cookiez

Cookiez

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 29 January 2018 - 02:55 PM

Glad to see she is still being restored, Keep at it.

It will all come good.

#54 almarsh132

almarsh132

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 21 May 2018 - 06:55 AM

It's been a while........ but no because I have been sitting around! All of the welding is now complete, pipes/cables run on the underside, undersealed and fitted the refurbished subby's. For the first time in 4 years the mini is a rolling shell again! Despite my love for the arch gap need to put the shock absorbers in at the rear! Needs to be ready for August as my wedding car so going in to be painted in the next couple of weeks :)

Attached Files

#55 minimissions

minimissions

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,427 posts
  • Local Club: M.M.O.C

Posted 24 May 2018 - 05:40 AM

Nice progress... :)

#56 almarsh132

almarsh132

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 10 June 2018 - 08:32 PM

Productive day today, got coilovers fitted all round, handbrake installed and all the rear brake pipes. Got first coat of hammerite on the floor too, not worried about colour difference as won't see under the carpet!

Change of plans as mini can't be painted until 14th July so need to get the brakes/ suspension all completed and interior in which will leave me 3 weeks once back to get engine in and windows, going to be tight!

Attached Files

#57 almarsh132

almarsh132

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 22 July 2018 - 09:35 PM

BIG Update been very busy, car is now fully resprayed and wheels refurbished. Started fitting out the interior this weekend, images don't do the car justice it looks like it just rolled out the showroom! :)

#58 almarsh132

almarsh132

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 22 July 2018 - 09:36 PM

BIG Update been very busy, car is now fully resprayed and wheels refurbished. Started fitting out the interior this weekend, images don't do the car justice it looks like it just rolled out the showroom! :)

Attached Files

#59 almarsh132

almarsh132

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 15 August 2018 - 09:41 PM

So after 5 years ruby is now back on the road! Still can't wipe the grin off my face. Few jobs to do but can wait until the winter, now to enjoy her! :D

Will be driving it round before the wedding next weekend encase there are any issues. Might bring it to Hearne bay show this sunday

Attached Files

#60 Matt

Matt

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,703 posts
  • Local Club: The mini forum - i live here

Posted 23 August 2018 - 04:24 PM

That's beautiful! :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users