#1 IcePopz

IcePopz

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts
  • Local Club: Essex Mini Club

Posted 20 November 2011 - 06:45 PM

Hello to all i was wondering if anyones seen anything about Stanceworks and their take on slammed cars. I was wondering if anyone has got any pictures of a really low mini with alot of negative camber as I really want to gauge how low and negative camber i should go with mine.

Edited by Deathrow, 29 October 2013 - 10:10 AM.

#2 Artful Dodger

Artful Dodger

" I AM THE SPECIAL ONE"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,435 posts
  • Local Club: aint no body got time fo dat

Posted 20 November 2011 - 06:49 PM

2 degrees would be the maximum you would need for a road mini. any more and you would be replacing tyres every other week.

just going to say, im all for low, and a bit of negative camber, but i just typed in stanceworks on google and some of those wheels are near 45 degrees! w.h.y?

Edited by MiniclubmanGT, 20 November 2011 - 06:50 PM.

#3 Jamie_hail

Jamie_hail

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 555 posts

Posted 20 November 2011 - 07:56 PM

Posted Image

Nice stance, thats what I'm going to aim for!

The details will be in here somewhere - http://www.theminifo...ic=54865&st=255

#4 IcePopz

IcePopz

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 01:51 AM

Yeah some stanceworks pushes it too far so i was thinking 2.0 on the rear ( i have 1.5 arms but may modify them slightly) and 1.5 on the front

#5 RayBoogs

RayBoogs

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,109 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 09:49 PM

Did someone say negative camber? :D

http://26.media.tumb...eay45o1_500.jpg

Negative camber is a big thing on the VW scene because its not too hard to achieve, unlike with a mini, but still you can't slap on loads of camber it needs to be done properly :thumbsup:

Another thing to remember also is that some if not most of the cars on stanceworks will have air-ride fitted, especially the more modern cars with the rims siting flush with the body, so they are able to be driven.

#6 Mini 360

Mini 360

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 4,933 posts
  • Local Club: Independent

Posted 23 November 2011 - 10:55 PM

Negative camber is a big thing on the VW scene because its not too hard to achieve, unlike with a mini,

Minis are VERY easy to camber up.....brackets on rear, bottom arms on front......

#7 maggies_minder

maggies_minder

TMFs New official Spamster

• Members
  • 4,393 posts
  • Local Club: sutton coldfield mini club

Posted 23 November 2011 - 10:58 PM

Negative camber is a big thing on the VW scene because its not too hard to achieve, unlike with a mini,

Minis are VERY easy to camber up.....brackets on rear, bottom arms on front......

theres camber mini style, then like in the link theres camber VDub style.

#8 Mini 360

Mini 360

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 4,933 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 11:09 PM

True and as said Stanced VWs are mostly on air so when they are up they aren't as cambered. Im in the 'VW Scene' to a degree and know a few static cars with epic camber too though....

#9 adam_93rio

adam_93rio

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 3,271 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 11:24 PM

Only the gay cars on the vw scene have bags. Don't know anyone who actually has their Volkswagen on bags.

With a mini camber is very easy. Just a bolt on part per wheel isn't difficult is it? Plus with minis Adjustable camber kits are easier to come by than static ones. I don't understand why more people don't set up their car perfectly with camber and corner weight etc when it's so easy to do

#10 Mini 360

Mini 360

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 4,933 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 11:30 PM

Only the gay cars on the vw scene have bags.

:lol: How little you know Just because its not a cheap mod doesn't make it wrong....most people are just jealous of the main players thats all ;)

#11 RayBoogs

RayBoogs

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,109 posts

Posted 24 November 2011 - 10:25 AM

I meant to put ridiculous camber on, as he asked for in the pics, but yeah if you want sensible camber its just the brackets, sorry should of made myself more clear :shy:

And i agree with you, just because a VW has bags doesn't make it gay, its just down to preference, people who want a cool stanced car but want to be able to drive it everyday have little choice. I think bags are more frowned upon in the air cooled VW scene, but then again there are some guys with beetles who think coilovers and bags are for "gays" and they run zero suspension.

Anyway this is a mini forum haha, yeah the most you really want/need in a road mini is -1.5 to -2, you can get the kits from most minipsares suppliers :thumbsup:

Edited by RayBoogs, 24 November 2011 - 10:26 AM.

#12 Biteable

Biteable

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 24 November 2011 - 03:39 PM

Is this too much ???
;D

Attached Files

#13 IcePopz

IcePopz

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 03:50 PM

Lol i'm not going for a stupid amount of camber just enough to look good so maybe 2.0 on the back and 1.5 on the front i do like some of the VDub style as i like the low look (favourite mini is diglers) but yeah it has to be driveable as well and maybe one day i'll have air ride on my mini so i can sit it on the floor at shows and raise it for those pesky speed bumps

#14 cradley-heathen

cradley-heathen

Metro-Man

• Traders
  • 2,481 posts
  • Local Club: spearmint rhino

Posted 28 November 2011 - 08:13 PM

camber kits for minis, i.e adjustable bottom arms and rear brackets, arnt intended to be fitted to minis to make them look better, they are to improve handling and grip.

im sure i will get shot to bits on this, but the vws i have seen and some jap stuff with this ridiculous amount of camber just looks rubbish. equally, minis are minis, and vw's are vw's, i really dont care for this cross polination of styles. in my opinion if you want to do that kind of thing to your car, get a vw.

#15 Cerberus

Cerberus

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 989 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 05:48 PM

I think slammed on the floor with some camber looks excellent.

But, I'd rather have my car handle properly, and not break my spine everytime I go for a drive.
So I've got mine at standard ride height with ~1 degree negative camber on the front, and I think probably about 4 degrees of castor.

Not done anything to the rears yet as I don't want to have to remove the subby if the bolts shear on the brackets, :D

7 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (6)