#376 cptkirk

cptkirk

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,799 posts
  • Local Club: B.M.C. + Chiminiclub

Posted 12 May 2014 - 11:15 AM

Glad for you Birdman, always nice when something goes right...

#377 Birdman

Birdman

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 24 May 2014 - 10:57 PM

Well put the car on the Dyno yesterday with mixed results.  Engine ran and tuned well up to 7200 RPM, made 220 hp at 7200 rpm.  But then leaned out and no matter what Ryan (the dyno tuner) tried he couldn't keep the correct mixture.  Bear in mind I'm not using the Hayabusa ECU but an aftermarket "Microsquirt" made by "Megasquort".  So it's possible the ECU won't handle it, it's possible there's something in the tuning Ryan is missing.  Ryan says with bigger injetors he can tune it no problem so Dan brought over a set of bigger injectors but by the time he got back the day was finished and Ryan was ready to lock up.  
The biggest disappointment for me was the fact that Ryan lost an employee this week and being short handed spent more time up front at the counter helping walk in sales than on the dyno with my car.  

So the good news if the engine sounded really good, ran good, never over heated, stayed right at 180 degrees, no oil leaks and shows the making of awesome power.  Maybe to much.  9 lbs of boost, I'm going to contact Richard about a lighter spring for 7lbs of boost.  My old turbo engine ran at 7 lbs, made 192 hp at the wheels which was a perfect match for power and traction.  I'm thinking 220-230 hp might be to much for the traction, time will tell.

The bad news is this is a 7 hour trip both ways and I have to do it all over again.

#378 R1mini

R1mini

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,385 posts

Posted 25 May 2014 - 09:14 AM

If someone had driven 7 hours one way I would have at least offered to stay late to get the job done if that was possible.

Better luck next time

David

#379 Birdman

Birdman

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 25 May 2014 - 11:40 AM

If someone had driven 7 hours one way I would have at least offered to stay late to get the job done if that was possible.

Better luck next time

David

7 hours round trip.  I had the motorhome so staying would not have been a problem.  It's a long weekend over here this weekend so the dyno shop had other commitments so could not do anything for me on Sat.

#380 Birdman

Birdman

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 11:39 AM

Well after many phone calls with many people I gave up and installed the bigger injectors, and swapped the 9 lb spring for the 7 lb spring.  When I get back on the dyno we're going to do two tunes, one with the 7 lb spring and one with the 9 lb spring.  

Now the nexp problem, Ryan is so booked up he can't get me on the dyno until the 16th.  BAH-HUMBUG!

#381 cptkirk

cptkirk

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,799 posts
  • Local Club: B.M.C. + Chiminiclub

Posted 01 June 2014 - 01:19 PM

That sucks. Fingers crossed it all gets sorted and you don't have to go back for a long time.

#382 Birdman

Birdman

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 12:57 AM

That sucks. Fingers crossed it all gets sorted and you don't have to go back for a long time.

Thank you.  Hope your right.  I just want to get this thing going and go have some fun.  Got 3 different tracks I'm less than 5 seconds from breaking 2 minutes.  Got new slicks coming and with the new engine I'm all fired up.

Waiting on other people really sucks.

#383 Birdman

Birdman

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 17 June 2014 - 05:04 AM

Sweet success, 207 hp with 7 lb boost spring, 242 hp with 9 lb boost spring.  Stayed cool and no oil leaks.

https://www.facebook...&type=2

https://www.facebook...&type=2
modify_inline.gif

#384 GeorgeMini

GeorgeMini

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 23 November 2014 - 09:46 AM

Hi! now that my car is complete, i have experienced how hot and fumey the cabin gets!! How did you make your vertical bulkhead air tight against the shell? 

thanks,

George

#385 USA-Fin

USA-Fin

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 03 January 2015 - 01:23 AM

Birdman, did you ever break 2 minutes at your local track?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users