Photo

***2012 Updates*** : Restructuring Of The Admin Team And Forum Rule Change.

• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

#16 Bungle

Bungle

Original Spamster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,971 posts
  • Local Club: cornish mini club

Posted 31 December 2011 - 11:35 PM

you idiot, it was 38 mins when you posted that!!!

i'm still calibrating the time

#17 Shifty

Shifty

Sponsored by Fosters (tm)

• Admin
  • 13,128 posts
  • Name: Sean
  • Local Club: TMF

Posted 31 December 2011 - 11:38 PM

Mark does have a very valid point, without his hard work there would be no TMF.

I know that this decision hasn't been taken lightly and we all owe him a big debt.

I'm gonna edit this thread and hide some of the unfair posts and I really hope he finds his mojo and comes back with a vengence.

#18 MaxAndPaddy

MaxAndPaddy

Spamela Anderson

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,700 posts
  • Name: Elvis

Posted 31 December 2011 - 11:40 PM

Guys you make yourselfs very clear!!!! How rude! really, Thanks!

Maybe i should have just closed TMF and had done with it. Dont bother replying to this!

myself standing down has nothing to do with burnards thoughts of how things should be run! so go do one! cant belive how rude some people can be around here.

Now if you dont mind filling this topic about forum updates full of rubbish that would be great. Ta

Apologies....this wasnt the thread to lark in. New Years Eve and alchohol, no offense meant Mark

#19 Mini-Mad-Craig

Mini-Mad-Craig

Crazy About Metro's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,298 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 12:06 AM

Thanks for everything Mark. Some good times, a bit sad when people like yourselves leave... always looked up to you and others growing up as a young teenager in the Mini scene.

Best of luck wherever life takes you and dont forget about this little car and the people that come with it... because we won't be forgetting you!

#20 Scallywag630

Scallywag630

Up Into Fourth

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,850 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 01:05 AM

Have a great 2012 Mark. Won't say a lot more as it will sound like you have gone and not just stood down. Thanks for implementing some of the topics we discussed. I'm sure it will all work well.

#21 TA2DMAC

TA2DMAC

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 755 posts
  • Local Club: Michigan MINI Motorin Club

Posted 01 January 2012 - 01:50 AM

Well I haven't been here long enough to get to know you, but I wish you the best in your future endevours. Have a safe and happy New Year.

#22 Sam14

Sam14

TMF Mug

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,221 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 02:04 AM

*sigh* and so it begins. The Tripod has now lost a leg, just sit and wait for the rest to fall....:/

#23 marksmini

marksmini

Mark - Founder of TMF since 2003 - Onwards

• Admin
  • 29,428 posts
  • Name: Mark

Posted 01 January 2012 - 08:35 AM

im still going to be a member, just not running the show any more. Thanks guys.

#24 The Matt

The Matt

You don't escape that easily.....

• Admin
  • 17,229 posts
  • Name: Matt
  • Local Club: Welsh Border Minis

Posted 01 January 2012 - 08:39 AM

Well, some of the replies that were in here last night were frankly insulting. Mark has decided to stand down for personal reasons, along with the fact that he's put a LOT into this forum over the years since he helped set it up.

I'd like to say thanks for the chance with making me an admin, but above all else, thanks for what TMF has become. I bet you and Nick could never have dreamed that it would get to be so big.

All the best to everyone for 2012.

NB: We can't please all the people all the time, but we can try and adjust rules to suit the majority of the members. Life is all about compromise, so we're making these changes to try and make the forum a better place. Not really sure what the tripod comment is supposed to mean to be honest. But this thread really should be about looking to the future and thanking people for their efforts over the years.

M

#25 Teapot

Teapot

TMF Legend

• Members
  • 5,010 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 09:38 AM

Since you're not going anywhere I won't say goodbye, but I will say thanks for creating and nurturing such a great platform for info & opinions. Anybody can run a forum on which everyone agrees on everything: but if you can keep it together with such a disparate bunch of desperadoes AND preserve a vast dossier of technical data, as Bungle says you deserve a place in the New Year's Honours list. If that's not something of an insult these days, seeing some of the dumbledores who get gongs.
Anyway, thanks again, happy new year and see you around ;D

#26 The Matt

The Matt

• Admin
  • 17,229 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 01:08 PM

So who exactly is the new admin team?

Might I add, a small thank you, whether it was me, or not, you seem to have really bucked your idea's up since... you know when.

Lets hope its a bright an sensible (well as sensible as it can be with shifty in charge) future for the forum. :)

Hey, can i say fina*******ingly? seems appropriate for this occasion. (more so on the change in rules, than mark stepping down, however I personally think that it will also help with the changes)

Good luck with your plans mark, ive recently learned finding time can be difficult and sacrifices must be made. Lets just hope it all works out :D

I'm gonna pick up on this, seeing as I've just set it to be approved. Rather than leaved it closed I'd like to answer some thing directly.

OK, so the current admin team:

Adam
Alan
Bec
Matt
Sean

Changes to the team have been in discussion for some time now, so the recent feedback hasn't really made that much difference to the decisions that have been made. I would also like to add that Mark has been key to not only setting up the forum with Nick all those years ago (the original creators), but he's also been putting some of the proposed changes into place. A lot of what goes on behind the scenes hasn't really been noticed out here yet, some of it's just going through development really, but at times it must feel like as an admin you only come on the forum to fix things, or to resolve arguments, rather than actually enjoy it as a user.

Sean and I will still be receiving guidance from Mark and also the other admin guys as we try to step up to the plate and start to learn how to be admin. Sure we've got our own ideas, but we've also got to learn a lot of the procedures and the standard methods of carrying out some of the chores.

Most of the key changes that are being made in the future would have been happening whether Mark had decided to stay on or not, as he has been key to helping make the decision about them.

Personal statement from me: I hope people find me approachable, both on t'internet and in person at shows. I am always willing to read comments and feedback, as are all the other staff. A lot of you already have me added on Facebook, but feel free to add me anyway, I'm Matt Howard (yes, I have a real name, not just "The Matt"). ;)

I think the current and previous admins have all carried out an unenviable job with a lot of time and effort and should all be applauded. It's a shame when people step down, but sometimes other commitments take over from TMF.

All the best Mark mate, have a great 2012! :kiss:

#27 The Matt

The Matt

• Admin
  • 17,229 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 01:09 PM

Also to add, this thread was supposed to be more an announcement than anything, not a thread full of banter or negative comments. Loads got removed last night, but we really don't want to have to carry on moderating it today.

Cheers,

M

#28 mini93

mini93

He's just too casual!

• Members
  • 8,615 posts
  • Local Club: Medievil minis of Warwickshire

Posted 01 January 2012 - 02:24 PM

Thanks mark, you did a good job on the forum!! just shame about the few who decide to ruin the fun at times :lol:

#29 miniman24

miniman24

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,696 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 04:56 PM

Ive been on here a few years and have never felt the urge to leave nor do I have anything negative to say about the forum, its a great place to be and my Mini would have cost me thousands more to fix up if it wernt for the advice, guides and lists of Mini shops on here so its a huge well done from me, and happy new year!

#30 Carlos W

Carlos W

Mine is purple, but I have been told that's normal

• TMF+ Member
  • 10,110 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 05:07 PM

I've been here for over a year now and have had some fantastic advice!

There aren't a lot of people who'd give up their time for nothing to run the forum!

Looking forward to using TMF in 2012 to help with my rebuild!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users