6 replies to this topic

#1 miniman5

miniman5

1 Gold star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,135 posts

Posted 15 May 2004 - 08:32 PM

heya people i got the mini and the hazard lights dont work and neither does the horn ive looked at all the fuses i can find to no avail.ive jsut WD40'd the wires onto the horn but stil dont work :cry:the horn looks brand spanking new, is there ment to be 1 or 2 wires coming of the horn?? i aint got a clue wats going on wit hthe hazards tho press em n nout hapens :sad: has any one got any idea's??

#2 Bluemini

Bluemini

Mini Doctor

• Members
  • 4,436 posts
  • Local Club: Blacktop Bombers

Posted 15 May 2004 - 09:01 PM

The horn has one wire to it - a live, it earths thru itself. Try taking it off and cleaning the are it bolts to and the face of the mounting bracket too, then bolt it back on again.

The hazards have probly stopped working because of the relay. It should be attached to the bulk head by the wiper motor, try taking it off and checking the terminals arent corroded, failing that they are only a couple of ££ to replace.

#3 miniman5

miniman5

1 Gold star

• Members
  • 3,135 posts

Posted 15 May 2004 - 09:06 PM

ok ile do that tomorow as well as change the rocker cover gasket ile do the horn first bcoz thts is easyer :tongue:

#4 siggy

siggy

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,110 posts

Posted 15 May 2004 - 09:32 PM

If the horn is brand new, check thaT ITS NOT THE TYPE THAT NEEDS A SEPERATE EARTh

Siggy

#5 miniman5

miniman5

1 Gold star

• Members
  • 3,135 posts

Posted 16 May 2004 - 07:10 AM

ok ile do that in a minet its only 8 oclock now tho and im lisnin to the italian job theme tune thing HA HA im nuts! :tongue: were changing the rocker cover gasket today YAY :grin:

#6 Jules

Jules

3 Gold Star

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,016 posts

Posted 17 May 2004 - 09:41 PM

mmm, maybe it could be the hazard switch that doesn't work, when I first got my car I changed the switches to black ones because they had gone grey and my indicators stopped working, it took ages for us to solve the problem until cowboy said to change the switch. I know that it was a indicator problem but im sure their all linked tho :erm: So all I can suggest is check the switch in the car!!

#7 bluebottle

bluebottle

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 844 posts

Posted 17 May 2004 - 09:48 PM

the hazards and horn are usually on the same fuse, this may be an inline fuse hidden away on the bulkhead somewhere, have a poke around and see if you can find it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users