10 replies to this topic

#1 Birdman

Birdman

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 01:32 PM

I am using the stock Hayabusa wiring harness on my Monte Carlo kit. I have some questions pertaining to the safety switches. Is there anyone out there that has done this and can help me?

There is a tip over shutdown, should this be wired open or closed.

There is a neutral start switch, should this be wired open or closed.

There is a kick stand safety start switch, should this be wired open or closed.

#2 Birdman

Birdman

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 12:28 AM

I'm still having problems, anyone out there good with a Hayabusa wiring harness?

#3 edsmini

edsmini

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 08:53 AM

There need to be resistors fitted to some of the ommited sensors, there is one in the ignition , one in the kick stand im sure, but it would be safer contacting chris at Zcars, he certainly knows what is needed. the ignition one is 100ohms. i am getting ready to do the same thing to my car but i will but the sensors, plug them in and get the engine running them i will remove the sensors one at a time. the tip over sensor also has a resistor built in. my mini had the tip sensor left in place i always thought it was a good idea should i roll the car :-(

http://www.locostbui...id=42421&page=2

hope some of my useless information is some help.

Regards,

Ed

#4 Birdman

Birdman

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 09:21 AM

Thanks Ed, there's some good info there.

#5 Birdman

Birdman

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 05:49 PM

I found a company in CA. that does compition Hayabusa's and can make race only harnesse's and eliminate all the extra stuff. So I pulled my harness out today and am shipping it to them to be modified. Only trouble it's two weeks out to get it back.

#6 Pete649

Pete649

Speeding Along Now

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 371 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 05:43 PM

ZCars will put the resistors in the post to you. Its straight forward to fit them.

#7 edsmini

edsmini

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 06:09 PM

ZCars will put the resistors in the post to you. Its straight forward to fit them.

yeh as long as you know where to put them.

Ed

#8 Birdman

Birdman

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 11:54 AM

My harness has already been shipped to Mike Downs so I guess I go that route. But thanks for the suggestion of getting the resistors.

#9 drayton min man

drayton min man

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 11:58 PM

Depending on what country specific your bike/engine came from your engine/ecu may have a built in immobilizer to which you may need the keys and ignition barrel, but as a rule of thumb you will need to put a 100 ohm resistor in the earth wire from the ECU to ground (this wire is normally earthed through the ignition switch), the side stand switch can just be joined, the clutch switch needs to stop as a switch either flick switch or even to the vehicle clutch pedal via a modified brake pedal switch (saves you starting it in gear!) the reason for this, it knocks about 10-15bhp off if just wired to earth, dont ask me how it just does. As for the tip over sensor i found it easier to fill with silicone as its not that easy to by pass, i also thought about leaving it as a safety precaution but wasn't to sure how it would behave compared to a bike (you tilt a bike to steer at speed) so i fitted a standard fuel shut off switch in the fuel pump wiring (the magnetic type).

Hope this helps ;D

Geoff

#10 Jimster

Jimster

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • Local Club: Mini7

Posted 09 March 2012 - 09:52 AM

I modify looms for bike engines for autograss and hill climb cars on a weekly basis.

There is a few things which must be done depending on the year of the ecu. What you Busa are you using? the k5 onwards must have the clutch switch working as it should or the rev limit drops and ignition curve is different. You need to put resistors in the loom to replace things like Tip over sensor, Pair valve and igntion switch. You can reflash the ecu to remove the need for these resistors on the later ecu.

#11 Birdman

Birdman

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 09:06 PM

Thanks for all the help. These Hayabusa harnesses sound like a nightmare.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users