44 replies to this topic

#16 Bergy

Bergy

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 05:28 AM

Has anyone used an impact wrench with one of these size compressors?

(they are selling one http://www.aldi.co.u...buys3_23681.htm)

I certainly wouldn't expect it to run the wrench constantly but for the occasional stubborn nut or whipping the wheels off quickly I would quite like to get one.

#17 PaulColeman

PaulColeman

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 712 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 01:39 PM

24L is too small IMHO, okay for a nail gun and that's about it as far as air tools go. Also, air displacement (what the piston displaces, which really means very little) is not the same as free air delivery FAD (what actually comes out the tank i.e. the usable bit). A lot of manufacturers quote displacement rather than FAD because it looks better and hides the real truth. So when you're comparing two compressors make sure you're comparing the same figures.

I have a 150L 3Hp which I use for spraying and even that struggles sometimes.

Paul.

#18 SAL 821X

SAL 821X

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,890 posts
  • Local Club: Leicester Mini Owners Club

Posted 15 March 2012 - 02:46 PM

Well thats buggered it anyway... By the time I'd finished work and got round to Aldi they'd all bloody gone.

Got some nice hotdogs instead though. :rolleyes:

#19 GlynC

GlynC

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 03:11 PM

There's a new Aldi in Swadlincote De11 which had a pile of them yesterday mate if thats not too far
:shifty:

#20 craig 1010cc

craig 1010cc

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,165 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 06:55 PM

You'll spray a mini in 1 hit with that no problems, my old compressor (1.5 HP, 25ltr tank, had it for 12 yrs now) has been used to respray 3 minis, 2 imps and a volvo amazon (it did struggle a bit with that mind :P) and its been used to run impact wrenches die grinders (and blow up tyres :P). yes the motor is running most of the time, but it copes and with some pretty decent results.

#21 Bergy

Bergy

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 09:02 PM

its been used to run impact wrenches

Brilliant! Next toy to order will be one of those then. I just like the noise they make!

#22 lil3on

lil3on

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 379 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 09:30 PM

i dont have that make one but i have a wolfair 24L 2.5hp one and i run a impact wrench gun on it, it dose struggle but dose the job :), but i love my lil compressor :) dose the job i need it to :) and i am planing on spray my mini with it :)

#23 pickuptruck1994

pickuptruck1994

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 366 posts
  • Local Club: Weston Mini Muckers

Posted 20 March 2012 - 08:29 PM

im borrowing my friends one which was the version before this one and runs well use air impacts saw nailer and lots of other ones. this thread was amazing for me as didnt know they had them back in stores again so went and got a cut off tool for it with a massive price of 8.99 and a three year warranty cant go wrong. all the other tools of my friends are from aldi as well and have never gone wrong.
cheers for making me awear that they were there again
cheers
jordan

#24 Down&Out

Down&Out

The King Of Retro Cool

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,833 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 09:07 PM

If you think about it this way, its gunna be no worse than spray cans!

#25 olds_kool_lews

olds_kool_lews

Up Into Fourth

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,601 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 09:21 PM

i have one of the aldi compressors, had it for a few years now and used it without fault to paint a mini, use it to inflate my car tyres, spray stone chip, primer, paint, used it with a DA sander (but it does struggle with the more air hungry tools)

#26 lucas1amps

lucas1amps

Super Mini Mad

• Just Joined
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 587 posts
  • Local Club: Weston Mini Muckers

Posted 25 March 2012 - 09:06 PM

im borrowing my friends one which was the version before this one and runs well use air impacts saw nailer and lots of other ones. this thread was amazing for me as didnt know they had them back in stores again so went and got a cut off tool for it with a massive price of 8.99 and a three year warranty cant go wrong. all the other tools of my friends are from aldi as well and have never gone wrong.
cheers for making me awear that they were there again
cheers
jordan

Quality compressor that is for £70 second hand :D

#27 daddy2coull

daddy2coull

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 01:44 PM

i bought a sealey 3hp 50l one from ebay £165 delivered, recontooling i think the name was. seems yo run all the tools i've tried on it so far. admittedly, not for extended periods, but certainlay worthwile

#28 dolph

dolph

Stage One Kit Fitted

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 08:45 PM

Anyone tried the spot blaster they were selling next to the compressors? Got to be worth a try for a tenna surely

#29 sonikk4

sonikk4

Twisted Paint Polisher!!!

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,885 posts
  • Name: Neil

Posted 31 March 2012 - 08:48 PM

Bought it but not used it yet. I will be using it with a 3hp 100ltr compressor though.

#30 SAL 821X

SAL 821X

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,890 posts
  • Local Club: Leicester Mini Owners Club

Posted 12 April 2012 - 01:05 PM

Well yesterday was a nice surprise for my 21st (+7) birthday as I got one of the compressors with the accessory pack as a joint present from my Auntie, Uncle and Cousin. :o)

Story has it that my cousin rang aldi to find out if they could tell me which stores had stocks left as are local ones had ran out. Turns out that it ended up coming from a store in north London, luckily my cousin lives in central London so was able to pick one up and his way up the Midlands on Tuesday.

First thing I'm going to do it clear a space for it in the garage and then see how I get on with painting the rear arches so I can get the subby and wheels back on and get it rolling.

Heres to hours making noise in the garage. :o)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users