Skortchio

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,596 posts
  • Local Club: EMC

Posted 30 August 2013 - 06:05 PM

Excellent! (Not about the peeling).

I was lucky in that I didn't have an exact colour in mind, but I did decide that if the Dulux didn't hold out well I'd go Rusto next time (because I'm a masochist) and pick something specific.

#227 craig 1010cc

craig 1010cc

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,163 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 06:37 PM

Looks like you got a good finish, but I'd get a 2nd coat of rustoleum on before you sand it back to make sure you have enough depth of paint on and don't go through to the dulux below it

#228 Ben_O

Ben_O

Mill Road Garage

• Paint Doctor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,781 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 03:06 PM

This thread is brilliant. I think that half the concern is getting the paint on evenly without reactions. You will probably find that with enough effort you can get the shine on any paint really.

I painted a mini years ago with Dulux Black paint thinned down with petrol!! and it came out ok. I also sprayed a P100 pick up with white hammerite and an electric spray station.

But more recently I sprayed a couple of cars with proper car paint and lacquer at first with a spray station and then with a cheap compressor with great results and the proper car paint isn't that expensive and won't react if future painting is required.

Here is a Corsa that I did a front end crash repair on before respraying the whole thing under a marquee.

This was taken before polishing and was done with 2 pack celly.

DSC00566.jpg

Cheers

Ben

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users