Photo
- - - - -

Design A New Logo For The Mini Forum - Amazing Mini Spares Vouchers To Be Won!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
154 replies to this topic

#1 Bec

Bec

Crazy About Mini's

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,898 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 09:04 PM

We'd like a new logo for The Mini Forum and have arranged with Mini Spares prizes for the winner and two runners up.

We would like a design that is unique to TMF, is easily identifiable as The Mini Forum and will be clear and eye catching to read on banners, flags, t-shirts etc. There are no rules on particular colours as we can change the rest of the forum accordingly to match it but It must include the full name 'The Mini Forum' and doesn't infringe on any copyright.

We will be launching a new shop and the merchandise will carry the new logo as well as new club stand equipment we will be purchasing and the forum itself. The prizes are as follows:

First prize £150 Mini Spares voucher
Second prize £75 Mini Spares voucher
Third prize £25 Mini Spares voucher

Posted Image

A valid email address must be provided by the winners to receive their voucher.

Competition rules:

One design per TMF member which must be submitted by adding it to this thread - if you have any problems doing this please contact me.

The best three designs will be decided upon by members of the TMF team, Mini Spares and the new shop and put to vote on the forum to decide the final winning design and two runners up.

Design enteries must be submitted before Friday 11th May

Any designs made for comedy purposes will be removed from the competition and no further submissions from that member will be allowed.

Roofless will be running the new shop and has offered to help anyone needing assistance with their design, i.e. if they have an idea but not the resources to make it he can make the design to their specifications using the software he has available - the member who came up with the design idea will get the prize if theirs is one of the winners.

Any member of TMF is allowed to enter this competiton.

All votes will be checked and any unfair voting found such as from the same user using multiple accounts will have all their votes void and action taken against their accounts as per TMF Rules and Regs.

#2 RossKnight

RossKnight

One heck of a member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,539 posts
  • Local Club: JKSA MOC

Posted 12 April 2012 - 09:09 PM

so on this!

great prizes too, well done Bec! and who ever else done it!

good luck to everyone

#3 Burnard

Burnard

4 gears good........... .......................5 gears Better

• Banned
  • 3,350 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 09:17 PM

I made one while ago when i did the JKSA one, but im a little afraid its in bad taste...

Id never win anyway no matter what i produced....

#4 minimarco

minimarco

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,950 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 09:29 PM

Are we allowed to use the likeness of the mini in the design?

#5 Shifty

Shifty

Sponsored by Fosters (tm)

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,129 posts
  • Name: Sean
  • Local Club: TMF

Posted 12 April 2012 - 09:29 PM

I'm in the same boat, whatever I produce wouldn't win.............,mind you I am utterly crap at drawing and creative stuff.

Seriously, everyone has the same chance of winning, all we want is the best possible logo for TMF. If you do the best logo you'll win, its really that easy!!

#6 analogue_radio

analogue_radio

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • 4,897 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 09:31 PM

Oh this is right up my street! It's a shame I've got my final deadlines & Dissertation due a few days before the deadline for this :(

#7 Burnard

Burnard

• Banned
  • 3,350 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 09:39 PM

Boredom dictates i have the first entry...

Posted Image

Colour can EASILY be changed and so can the fonts. image quality can also be improved...

Edited by Burnard, 12 April 2012 - 09:40 PM.

#8 Shifty

Shifty

Sponsored by Fosters (tm)

• Admin
  • 13,129 posts
  • Name: Sean
  • Local Club: TMF

Posted 12 April 2012 - 09:41 PM

Don't forget you only get one entry so make it count(by the the way that was a hint!!)

#9 Burnard

Burnard

• Banned
  • 3,350 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 10:03 PM

Don't forget you only get one entry so make it count(by the the way that was a hint!!)

Wouldnt it be a shame if the link broke and i had to repost that link?

Besides, im sure there is a rule that a persons final image posted is their entry.
normally how its done, well, was the last 2 times i won a similar competition...

Its still only one entry and eliminates the risk of a person coming first 2nd and third.
Could even say that you can post as many as you like, but can only win ONE of the prizes.
That way, the forum doesnt run the risk of loosing out on an amazing design that the person wasn't confident enough to post, because they didnt want to risk it.

Edited by Burnard, 12 April 2012 - 10:04 PM.

#10 Ethel

Ethel

..is NOT a girl!

• TMF Team
  • 25,414 posts
  • Local Club: none

Posted 12 April 2012 - 10:06 PM

This is just my opinion, it'd need the official sanction of Bec & the other competitionistas...

We all all know there's a certain German motor manufacturer who has a claim on all things Mini shaped, but they do seem to be more relaxed now. You could submit your design, but we might have to run it past BMW first if it's chosen. I can't see any reason why it couldn't claim a runner's up prize in the unlikely event we didn't get their blessing.

#11 Richey

Richey

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 314 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 10:13 PM

Oh my! Exciting.

#12 RawlinsGTR

RawlinsGTR

Formally known as Dog

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,046 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 10:14 PM

"Any designs made for comedy purposes will be removed from the competition and no further submissions from that member will be allowed."

Craig, looks like you won't be winning this anymore. :)

#13 minimarco

minimarco

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,950 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 10:15 PM

This is just my opinion, it'd need the official sanction of Bec & the other competitionistas...

We all all know there's a certain German motor manufacturer who has a claim on all things Mini shaped, but they do seem to be more relaxed now. You could submit your design, but we might have to run it past BMW first if it's chosen. I can't see any reason why it couldn't claim a runner's up prize in the unlikely event we didn't get their blessing.

I don't see them having a problem with it being a forum logo, it's just the associated merchandise that might raise some German eyebrows. But on the other hand, we are not really selling a mini product, we are selling a forum. Unless BMW puts up a classic mini forum, I don't see how we are in competition with them in the marketplace.

Edited by minimarco, 12 April 2012 - 10:16 PM.

#14 Bec

Bec

Crazy About Mini's

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,898 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 10:48 PM

I feel sad having to ask this so early on but please remember a lot of effort has been put into setting up this competition so have a bit of respect and follow what we've asked. Thanks.

#15 Thorpsta

Thorpsta

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 327 posts
  • Local Club: Kings Lynn Mini Owners Club

Posted 12 April 2012 - 11:30 PM

Here's my entry :)

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users