#32 Tanya

Tanya

Snuggle-Buddy

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,334 posts
  • Local Club: Abingdon Mini Owners Club

Posted 06 June 2012 - 09:22 PM

I'll be there with the Traveller and Countryman Register.

Has anyone from the Traveller and Countryman Register persuaded Mick Freeman to take his Countryman? It's in MiniWorld (current issue I think) and is the earliest known Countryman. If not, I'll go and have a word with him and see if he'll bring it along.

#33 surfblue63

surfblue63

TMF fantasy F1 winner 2012

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,539 posts
  • Local Club: MCR Newcastle & Durham

Posted 06 June 2012 - 10:09 PM

I couldn't say if the register has spoken with Mick Freeman. The car has been to Gaydon in previous years so I wouldn't have thought it would be a problem.

Posted Image

#34 golly

golly

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 251 posts
  • Local Club: MiniForce

Posted 07 June 2012 - 11:19 AM

Last year was the first time we had attended and to be honest we were very disappointed with the whole weekend. This year we have decided to give it a miss and going to the MiniJam instead. The MiniJam is far from cheap but if it lives up to it's writeup it will be money well spent.

#35 Tanya

Tanya

Snuggle-Buddy

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,334 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 12:50 PM

I couldn't say if the register has spoken with Mick Freeman. The car has been to Gaydon in previous years so I wouldn't have thought it would be a problem.

Posted Image

That's not Mick's.

Here's Mick's - it is earlier than that one.

Posted Image

#36 surfblue63

surfblue63

TMF fantasy F1 winner 2012

• Members
  • 2,539 posts
  • Local Club: MCR Newcastle & Durham

Posted 07 June 2012 - 09:21 PM

I saw Micks on the Heritage run last year, if he does go I'll have to have a look inside to see if the doors are like XAM 8. I'm sure the owner of XAM 8 would be intrested, as he claims his is the earliest Countryman that exists.

#37 Tanya

Tanya

Snuggle-Buddy

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,334 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 10:12 PM

I saw Micks on the Heritage run last year, if he does go I'll have to have a look inside to see if the doors are like XAM 8. I'm sure the owner of XAM 8 would be intrested, as he claims his is the earliest Countryman that exists.

I'll go and have a word with Mick and see if he will bring his - I'll try and see him next Wednesday. He is a quiet and unassuming man who I think is a bit bemused by the interest in his Mini. We let XAM 8 know about Mick's about 18 months ago and he didn't seem to mind at all and carried on with his magnetic stickers saying his was the oldest :lol: Mick's was built 4th May 1960 and dispatch from Longbridge on 21st July 1960 (incidentally, the same date that our Mini was dispatched from Longbridge, but they went in opposite directions).

#38 pothole

pothole

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 317 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 08:17 AM

Last year was the first time we had attended and to be honest we were very disappointed with the whole weekend. This year we have decided to give it a miss and going to the MiniJam instead. The MiniJam is far from cheap but if it lives up to it's writeup it will be money well spent.

Yes last year was a disappointment to be honest it was rubbish, but at least this year if its rubbish its only cost £8, soon you wont be able to get a gallon of petrol for that :D

#39 hennasxi

hennasxi

Mini Mad

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 117 posts
  • Local Club: LSMOC

Posted 19 June 2012 - 07:19 PM

Hi, an update on Gaydon for any Cooper Sport 500 owners. I am still looking for more 500s for the display, and Gaydon have kindly offered both free camping Saturday night and entry on the day to all occupants of a cooper sport 500 in exchange for agreeing to display their car on the register stand. Flyer below. Please contact me on [email protected] if you can make it.

Cheers, Andy

http://db.tt/8zOB2APj

#40 Tanya

Tanya

Snuggle-Buddy

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,334 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 02:06 PM

I'll go and have a word with Mick and see if he will bring his - I'll try and see him next Wednesday. He is a quiet and unassuming man who I think is a bit bemused by the interest in his Mini. We let XAM 8 know about Mick's about 18 months ago and he didn't seem to mind at all and carried on with his magnetic stickers saying his was the oldest :lol: Mick's was built 4th May 1960 and dispatch from Longbridge on 21st July 1960 (incidentally, the same date that our Mini was dispatched from Longbridge, but they went in opposite directions).

Unfortunately Mick is away next weekend but he has persuaded his son to bring the Mini along so I am hoping that the Mini Traveller and Countryman Register will be able to squeeze it in on their stand.

Also, John Sheppard is coming along too (weather permitting) and I am hoping that the 1959 Register will allow him to use their stand as his base so anyone who would like to talk Minis with him, can do. Although he is ninety, his mind is very sharp and he a clear recollection of the times he worked with Alec Issigonis and their work together on Mini.

#41 miniman retford

miniman retford

Most Definitely Not Beer Powered....

• Members
  • 3,553 posts
  • Local Club: Lincs ford group

Posted 25 June 2012 - 07:09 AM

Got my camping pass & ticket in the post this morning.
Bring it on :lol:

#42 cherryblossom

cherryblossom

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 450 posts
  • Local Club: medievil minis

Posted 25 June 2012 - 12:32 PM

Cant wait!

#43 Steely

Steely

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,764 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 01:23 PM

If my 25 arrives back from surgery in time and is all sorted then I might be coming. Ooo and if Im not left broke :z

#44 twink

twink

Speeding Along Now

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 337 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 05:29 PM

Mine came today :-)

#45 Steely

Steely

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,764 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 07:03 PM

What's the rules for the show and shine? Do I have to have a perfect chromed everything mini to stand any chance of winning anythin?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users