#1 Zeemax

Zeemax

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 220 posts

Posted 20 May 2004 - 02:51 PM

Hey all.

Ive recently had my indicator stalk replaced as it failed MOT on that, anyway even before the replacement the horn used to get stuck and stay for about 5-6 secs, so i could never *beep* anyone.

Does anybody have any suggestions? Its a twin airhorn setup that i never service as i thought there pretty simple and cant go wrong.

Thank Adam

#2 dklawson

dklawson

Moved Into The Garage

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,923 posts
  • Name: Doug
  • Local Club: none

Posted 20 May 2004 - 05:12 PM

The air horn should have a relay to operate the air pump. Your problem may be the contacts on the relay are sticking closed for a short period of time. Study the wiring to the horn and locate this relay. You should see a heavy wire coming in on one side and a similar wire leaving... going to the horn/pump. If you use a short length of wire to quickly "jump" these wires (connect them) you should get a blast from the horn. (Your ignition may need to be "ON" depending on how the horns were installed). Just tap the connection, don't hold the jumper wire on there. IF the horn blows for the same 5-6 seconds look for a problem in the pump and its associated controls. If the horn gives only a proper short blast, replace the relay.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users