5 replies to this topic

#1 Pob

Pob

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 20 May 2004 - 09:12 PM

I've just been fixing the wiring on the steering column after it had been bodged, there is two electrical pin connectors that didn't have anything connected to. One is for the main beam on continously and the other I'm not sure. I also have two wires a solid blue and blue & red both thicker than the rest. At the moment they are just joined together :D Are these for the two pins? If so which way do they go round?

Attached is the pic of the electrical connectors I am on about

Thanks,
Dan

Attached Files

#2 redmini

redmini

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 262 posts
  • Local Club: Snowdon Mini's,Miniaddicts

Posted 20 May 2004 - 09:53 PM

:wales: those wires are for the flash on your headlights I think, I've just been outside to have a look on mine but unfortunately it's dark and I cant find my haynes manual to check the wiring diagram either sorry, I'll have a look again tomorrow if I get the chance :D

#3 Pob

Pob

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 20 May 2004 - 10:32 PM

The flash for the headlights is the one with the heatshrink on, so the other is for the continously on ( I think) But I have 2 wires and they are pretty thick so I was thinking they were something to do with the main beam....

Thanks,
Dan

#4 adam c

adam c

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 466 posts

Posted 21 May 2004 - 06:49 AM

I have an entire switch stripped down on my kitchen table and it still has all the wires connected to it. I will sort out a pic and see what colours the wires are for you later if this is any use? - Have gotta go to college now :D

#5 Pob

Pob

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 21 May 2004 - 08:52 AM

Yeah that would be a great help :D

Thanks,
Dan

#6 adam c

adam c

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 466 posts

Posted 21 May 2004 - 07:30 PM

It won't let me upload the pic for some reason and its goin dark now so I will have to take another one tommorow so sorry mate.
From what I can see on mine the front terminal should have a thick blue wire with a heat shrink on it.
The two green wires at the bottom of your picture are at the top on my switch and there is a green/red , a green/white and a green/brown in the three slots.
I think the other terminal you have circled is attached to a long metal arm which comes to the front and when the switch is one way it'll contact the terminal the thick blue is on?? If this is the case then the thick blue/red goes on here (this is how mine is). Will try to post a pic tommorow...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users