#31 KieranB

KieranB

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 360 posts
  • Local Club: S.U.N.M.C

Posted 12 June 2012 - 11:23 AM

How much was it all together including delivered to you jamie?

#32 Jamie_hail

Jamie_hail

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 555 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 03:09 PM

I actually had it gifted to me for christmas! Which was a huge releif. However, it came to £410, delivered. Just go to the site - add £20 for postage, and 20% for Vat.

#33 KieranB

KieranB

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 09:26 PM

oh ye **** forgot i read that on your thread. might aim to get the same deal :P cheers jamie

#34 KieranB

KieranB

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 12:31 PM

Got a slight update :)

Firstly got my bulkhead box made up, it still needs welded into the car but the main structure is done and looks really good

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Also started work on the gear linkage, cant do much with this ofcourse because the engine isnt in but chopped it in half and mounted one end to the car

Posted Image

Then got the hubs stripped down and painted, gonna get a pile of stuff from minisport soon including new wheel bearings :D

Posted Image

Plus the subframe has now been ordered from allspeed along with lower arms and tie rods so that should all be here in 3 weeks time ish.

in other news, due to the lack of things to do on the mini i have been bored silly, so i got a spare hour at work last week and made this on one of our cnc milling machines

Posted Image

Hopefully you will recognise this from Transformers......? Autobots?? :geek:

Then took the badge off my peugeot 106, removed the lion thingy and stuck the transformers badge in its place

Posted Image

Posted Image

:thumbsup:

Anyways that is all for now, just a case of waiting for this subframe to arrive then i can get it back on its wheels again and do some proper work :D

Kieran

#35 jim190

jim190

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 10:44 PM

Good luck with the mini build, looks good so far. Love the transformers logo thing, looks good. I made a gearknob for the mini at work a couple of months back and put the mini logo on with one of our cnc mills, will put a pick up when I'm not on my phone next.
Cheers, James.

#36 KieranB

KieranB

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 10:49 PM

thanks Jim. sounds class, ye i made a gearknob aswell although it was at the start of my training and i wasnt so confident so its crap. Ive made a few things but the badge was a highlight i think

#37 Captain Mini

Captain Mini

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • Local Club: No idea?

Posted 01 July 2012 - 04:17 PM

This will be awesome dude! Had a honda before my mini and therr so quick.. And the transformer thang is awesome haha couldnt make me a transformers sump guard could ya ;)

#38 KieranB

KieranB

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 05:07 PM

cheers fella, i havnt driven a honda but been in several including a 250hp NA ek9 which put a lot of ideas in my head ;D

A transformers sump guard.....thats a good idea. might have to look into it. might be better off on the EBM machine and cut it out..... :thumbsup:

#39 Captain Mini

Captain Mini

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • Local Club: No idea?

Posted 01 July 2012 - 07:07 PM

Yea mine was a 1.4 but it was 110 bhp and it went like stink haha and well if you can knock a sumo guard out for me id be greatfull and obvs i would pay p&p and money for your time dude.. Im really envious of your honda convert :/ haha

#40 KieranB

KieranB

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 01:35 PM

Sorry for the lack of updates peeps, awaiting parts.

I'm like a little kid the week before xmas. should be getting some allspeed goodies and metro brake setup this week so should get it rolling again next weekend!

#41 KieranB

KieranB

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 06:46 PM

WIN!!

Subframe arrived today, lovely piece of kit

Also went to minisport today and got a good load of stuff

Posted Image

Posted Image

Fair to say i've got my work cut out getting this lot on.

Plan on getting it all mounted and on the car this weekend. Got the brakes coming soon

Kieran

#42 johny:)

johny:)

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 08:55 AM

well done i bet you came home heart broken with the amount of money you must of spent should be well worh it tho :)

#43 KieranB

KieranB

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 09:45 AM

yipe your not wrong there, day after pay day and im skint :P

#44 johny:)

johny:)

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 09:30 AM

i now what you mean there at one point i was spending my pay apart from £30 for petrol so i can get to work by friday then be skint untill the next friday and start all over againe but you can see it come together that way

#45 KieranB

KieranB

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 07:08 PM

At long last some proper work!!

Spent the weekend on the car, started with the hubs, needed to get the old ball joints off and get new ones on and new bearings in. although hit a snag on the last ball ball joint because this happened.....

Posted Image

I dont have a vice but i had that hub in a place where it wasnt budging. The cheap torque wrench was no match. was only using it because i didnt have my breaker bar. so resorted to smacking ten bells out of it with a chisel and hammer.

once the bearings were in and new ball joints were on i set about getting the new cones, hi-los and top arms on. quite a mission seeing as i dont have a cone compressor.

Posted Image

also got some new bump stops in. then got the subframe mounted on the car, top bolts first

Posted Image

then cut out some peace-of-mind-plates for the two bolts through the floor. Had to make do with some old shelving i had at the back of the garage so please excuse the odd colour

Posted Image

then bolted the hubs on

Posted Image

was hoping to get it back on its wheels by putting the old cv joints through and bolting my old flanges on but hit a problem

Posted Image

The one on the right wouldnt fit through the hub. anyone ever seen that before?

So ended up placing the wheels on the hubs to make me feel better

Posted Image

Posted Image

So just got to wait for another cv joint from r1minimagic and my brakes from matt off TMF and it'll be back on 4 wheels by next weekend

Kieran

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users