8 replies to this topic

#1 huskyboy89

huskyboy89

Just On Tickover

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 06:55 PM

hi im really stuck with my altinator on my mini basicly i no what connection does which on my suzuki altinator but i need to cut the end of the exsisting wires on my mini loom wich is a 3 pin plug an sepratly connect them to my suzuki altinator but im stuck with which goes where theres 1 thick brown wire an two goining to 1 thich is brown an blue then the other brown an white if i remembre rightly which is two small to 1 an the big brown is a dead wire wen circet tested an the other two are permanant live i would have fort 1 would switch from ignition but doesent im really stuck with this i have this diagram 4 the suzuki alternator so i jus need this corrisponded over to here http://westfield-wor.../img/Denso1.gif

any help would be much aprecieated many thank

if u have face book add me an inbox me because ive not much access to computer

anthony nurse look 4 a blue mini

#2 charie t

charie t

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,153 posts
  • Local Club: wreake mini wanderers

Posted 04 June 2012 - 06:51 PM

I don't have facepoke, and you have no full stops. I'm dislexic and have had to sit for 1/2 hour to read this! If you are foriegn origins all is forgiven
After translating your post, On your mini you should have a big brown wire, on which is a 12v permanent. This is a direct link to the battery (3)
There is a brown and yellow which leads to the ignition light, this will supply 12v at the alternator once the ignition is on (1)
A third seperate wire needs to be run from the an ignition live, to the alternator (2)

Edited by charie t, 04 June 2012 - 06:52 PM.

#3 huskyboy89

huskyboy89

Just On Tickover

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 07:35 PM

Na I'm not foreign. < That better ;) Hahahaha thanks m8 erm I dunno if that's helped because there's 2 constant lives on the end of this plug neither switches from ignition. An 1 fat brown which I recon goes back to the battery to charge it if I put a live down 1 it should make the battery light come on in theory right ????

#4 huskyboy89

huskyboy89

Just On Tickover

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 07:50 PM

I will post a pic of it up with circuit tester In with ignition off I had a quick look 2 day an it look like the wires go up to the little silver box what starter motor positive joins onto that u can put a penny across the two 13mm bolts to start the car sits on the left inner wing

#5 charie t

charie t

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 3,153 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 07:50 PM

if neither small wire is loosing the live, you need to look at why. Your battery will be going flat very quickly otherwise
The big brown wire carries the charge to the battery yes, but will not make the light work. The smaller wire (1) will carry a live feed. The alternator earths this, to light the lamp
the second (2) is a switched live to excite the regulator. once you have this the light will work

#6 huskyboy89

huskyboy89

Just On Tickover

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 07:55 PM

Okay thank u I will pull the insulation tape off and have a look were they go every body elses conversion I've seen has used the hole suzuki loom were as I've jus got my old coil wire making my ecu live an running the engine if that makes sense

#7 charie t

charie t

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 3,153 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 08:07 PM

im using a suzuki alternator on my k conversion
Have you got 12v at that conection? balast igniton won't (pink wire)

#8 java gt

java gt

Mini Mad

• Just Joined
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts
  • Local Club: Irish Mini Owners Club

Posted 06 June 2012 - 02:41 PM

Here is a really useful guide to what connections are on a Suzuki alternator.Mine had a 3 pin plug on it but only 2 were used.A l12v supply from the ignition switch to give the alternator the charging voltage reference and the charging light wire.Dont mix up the two or you will blow the rectifier circuit.
http://westfield-wor...alternator.html

#9 java gt

java gt

Mini Mad

• Just Joined
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts
  • Local Club: Irish Mini Owners Club

Posted 06 June 2012 - 02:44 PM

Okay thank u I will pull the insulation tape off and have a look were they go every body elses conversion I've seen has used the hole suzuki loom were as I've jus got my old coil wire making my ecu live an running the engine if that makes sense

I get that your supplying the ECU with the old coil feed but it really should be fed through a relay and the negative of the coil should be switched by the ecu as per the way that Suzuki did.They also switch the fuel pump relay in the same manner.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users