19 replies to this topic

#1 cliche

cliche

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 896 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 11:20 PM

Hi there- I asked Bec (admin) to add a Kiwi section on here. I sort of fell in love with the South Island last year when I visited NZ.
I know that there are quiet a few NZ TMFers, so it would be good to see you folks in here and be jealous of your weather and mini tasticroads !

Edited by cliche, 14 August 2012 - 11:20 PM.

#2 mmmini

mmmini

Starting My Mini Up

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 02:10 AM

Sweet good timing just signed up and see there's a NZ section. Weather - well it's raining right now and flooding is predicted so not so flash at the moment. Roads - can find lots of nice, twisty stuff, but can be rough as guts surface wise not always to good for the hard suspension settings, Playdays at the local race tracks are a good bit of fun, although there are some good gravel roads out in the sticks which can be fun as long as you don't come across a milk tanker coming the other way around a blind corner.

#3 new_zealand _minis

new_zealand _minis

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 654 posts
  • Local Club: wellington new zealand

Posted 15 August 2012 - 08:15 AM

yes weather is no good atm

the roads are good . when i get time

to be honest if its a nice day i would rather take my bike out than the mini but thats just me

good to more of us on here . build up more people to sell my stuff to . hehe

#4 cliche

cliche

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 896 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 03:07 PM

good to see you guys here. Trust me, it's POURING down here in the UK and it's always busy with traffic. Oh and my Mini rusts like hell over here in the UK :(

Anyway hope the section picks ups, even if it is NZ Minis selling his bits, so to speak !

My ex's hubby works for Fonterra as a milk lorry driver. He'd probably crash into me O_O

Edited by cliche, 15 August 2012 - 03:09 PM.

#5 mini-man-dan

mini-man-dan

Up Into Fourth

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,684 posts
  • Local Club: J19 Mini Owners Club

Posted 15 August 2012 - 04:35 PM

Came over to NZ between March & May, stunning place. Actually stopped and looked round a MIni, was thinking of trading my L300 van in for it :lol:

Favourite road was probably the Crown Range or Queen Charlotte Drive in the south island and the East Cape in the North, although they weren't fun in the slowest van in the world!

Would love to come back one day!

#6 new_zealand _minis

new_zealand _minis

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 654 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 08:07 AM

minis over here are 100% better than the uk . no salt on our roads ..

#7 Bec

Bec

Crazy About Mini's

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,898 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 08:57 PM

I've just edited all the topic titles I set up too as some plonker forgot...sorry ;)

#8 cliche

cliche

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 896 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 01:06 PM

Came over to NZ between March & May, stunning place. Actually stopped and looked round a MIni, was thinking of trading my L300 van in for it :lol:

Favourite road was probably the Crown Range or Queen Charlotte Drive in the south island and the East Cape in the North, although they weren't fun in the slowest van in the world!

Would love to come back one day!

Yeah I loved Queen Charlotte Drive (counted 17 lovely spots that I stopped at) and Te Anau. Bet the van was an automatic too. I was craving a manual

minis over here are 100% better than the uk . no salt on our roads ..

yeah I saw some great Mini examples. I even saw a Lancia workshop near Nelson. Unheard of in the UK as they rusted away over a decade ago

#9 KiwiMini

KiwiMini

Just On Tickover

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 09:53 AM

Thought I may aswell post something since i'm a KIWI hence the name. Anyway almost the end of winter here so lots of rain had a nice day today for a change. Have you guys seen these bull bars or know the person selling them? Never seen any that go on a mini before. http://www.trademe.c...n-505731535.htm

Edited by KiwiMini, 21 August 2012 - 10:02 AM.

#10 johnnyblaze

johnnyblaze

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 10:03 AM

yes weather is no good atm

the roads are good . when i get time

to be honest if its a nice day i would rather take my bike out than the mini but thats just me

good to more of us on here . build up more people to sell my stuff to . hehe

got any cooper brakes

#11 new_zealand _minis

new_zealand _minis

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 654 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 09:18 AM

na only 2 sets of metro ones

#12 johnnyblaze

johnnyblaze

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 06:52 PM

bugger, i built a set of metro 1s up for the clubby i had cost is not bad, and they are pritty good brakes

#13 bobsbits

bobsbits

Starting My Mini Up

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 07:17 AM

Thought I may aswell post something since i'm a KIWI hence the name. Anyway almost the end of winter here so lots of rain had a nice day today for a change. Have you guys seen these bull bars or know the person selling them? Never seen any that go on a mini before. http://www.trademe.c...n-505731535.htm

Hard to tell from the photo, but I think they were made by a company in Hamilton (NI NZ) called Best Bars. Most bars like this come in from Australia.

#14 joyce1bro

joyce1bro

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 221 posts
  • Local Club: Waikato Mini Club

Posted 25 January 2013 - 04:36 AM

does anyone know of a good mini mechanic in Whangarei? I have left me car up there as I live in OZ and need some things done to it... Cam and adjusable cam gear installed timed and tuned properly..

#15 joyce1bro

joyce1bro

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 221 posts
  • Local Club: Waikato Mini Club

Posted 16 August 2013 - 09:43 AM

What oil works the best in New Zealand bearing in mind we don't have access to Millers, Valvoline VR1 or Duckhams. I'm looking at doing a change and I want a good oil.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users