AVV IT

I am a shed dragger.

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,122 posts
  • Name: Dave
  • Local Club: Nobody will have me!!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 06:19 PM

I'm not advertising it and never had, what makes it a real gt. tell me please. Is it missing the stripes down the side, It has gt on the log book the engine is gt. leather trimmed v steering wheel, single fog at rear, three clock dash, denovo run flat spare, tell me what I'm missing instead of getting on your, I know more than you horses.

Mate, if you just want to make a GT replica/look-a-like from a standard clubman then that's fine, but I'm afraid that people here are always going to get on their high horses when they see what appears to be a standard clubman being passed off as a genuine GT. There are just so many non genuine GT's, coopers and tax exempt classic minis out there these days, that end up getting passed off to unsuspecting buyers as the genuine item, that people here are bound to get annoyed if they think see another one being created.

It may well be that you yourself have acquired this car believing it to be a genuine GT and that you are just trying to return it to original GT spec, but as Guessworks has explained above, there are some clear inconsistencies with your car that makes it look suspicious. It certainly does look like a metro engine has been fitted as opposed to the original GT one and whilst it may well have a GT logbook, that doesn't necessarily mean that it actually has the correct V5c for your car.

What's actually missing is any proof of it's authenticity as a genuine GT, after all even a car cobbled together from all the correct GT spec parts does not suddenly become a genuine GT.

#17 spudmini

spudmini

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 06:23 PM

cheers i understand that. could someone explain what the inconsistencies are please.

#18 Shifty

Shifty

Sponsored by Fosters (tm)

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,128 posts
  • Name: Sean
  • Local Club: TMF

Posted 13 September 2012 - 06:24 PM

Ok then, I think the key issue to the valuation is that this a genuine 1275gt, thats the thing that gonna increase the value more than anything.

Exactly how does the V5 describe it?

#19 sonikk4

sonikk4

Twisted Paint Polisher!!!

• Admin
  • 15,884 posts
  • Name: Neil

Posted 13 September 2012 - 06:36 PM

Wrong interior, wrong steering wheel, it should be a three arm steering wheel with the 1275 GT emblem in the middle.
http://www.delius.pw...2842g/page9.htm

#20 Steely

Steely

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,764 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 07:35 PM

Wrong interior, wrong steering wheel, it should be a three arm steering wheel with the 1275 GT emblem in the middle.

I think you will find that the late GT's have that interior and that steering wheel and those 3 clocks. The early GT's came with the 3 spoke steering wheels and the all vinyl black or brown seats. Early GT's also had 10" wheels where as the late GT's came on 12's.

#21 Shifty

Shifty

Sponsored by Fosters (tm)

• Admin
  • 13,128 posts
  • Name: Sean
  • Local Club: TMF

Posted 13 September 2012 - 07:45 PM

I think you will find that the late GT's have that interior and that steering wheel and those 3 clocks. The early GT's came with the 3 spoke steering wheels and the all vinyl black or brown seats. Early GT's also had 10" wheels where as the late GT's came on 12's.

Yup, have to agree with that. I'm not sure that GT's came in that colour though?

#22 Steely

Steely

• Members
  • 1,764 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 07:54 PM

Yup, have to agree with that. I'm not sure that GT's came in that colour though?

They came in red but not with a white roof. My dad's is the same. His is meant to be sandglow with a white roof, its a respray but it's definately a real GT. It's probably just been resprayed and the stripes not put back on if it's a legit GT that is!

#23 sonikk4

sonikk4

Twisted Paint Polisher!!!

• Admin
  • 15,884 posts
  • Name: Neil

Posted 13 September 2012 - 07:55 PM

Fair comment :shy:

#24 Steely

Steely

• Members
  • 1,764 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 07:57 PM

Fair comment :shy:

Hehe, sorry i just had to say.

#25 spudmini

spudmini

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 08:47 PM

was originally silver, i did find the color name but have forgotten. cant find the v5 at the moment as have just moved. can we just hypothetically assume it might be a 1275 gt and put a value on the car. and ill get in touch with heritage or whoever to, find out definitively.

#26 surfblue63

surfblue63

TMF fantasy F1 winner 2012

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,539 posts
  • Local Club: MCR Newcastle & Durham

Posted 13 September 2012 - 09:54 PM

What are the first 6 letters and numbers on the chassis plate on the car?
Also does the car have one of the red oval commission plates on it? If it has what are the first four characters on that?

#27 Steely

Steely

• Members
  • 1,764 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 10:10 PM

If it's a real GT it's probably going to be worth 2.5k at least! Just a guess though! They are worth a lot now being rare. Obviously the originality and condition boosts the price.

#28 oltonlad

oltonlad

Up Into Fourth

• Banned from Buying/Selling
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,401 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 10:24 PM

If it's a real GT it's probably going to be worth 2.5k at least! Just a guess though! They are worth a lot now being rare. Obviously the originality and condition boosts the price.

£2.5k?.....are you looking at the same pictures as me?...if thats worth £2500 in that condition then my car must be worth £8K................ :ohno:

GT's are quite rare............but there are still plenty around........i've still got the logbook for my old GT at my moms......... :-)

Edited by oltonlad, 13 September 2012 - 10:26 PM.

#29 Daviewonder

Daviewonder

Needs an extra inch!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,015 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 10:42 PM

If it's a real GT it's probably going to be worth 2.5k at least!

Not Really-

http://www.ebay.co.u...&_dmd=1&_ipg=50

#30 Steely

Steely

• Members
  • 1,764 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 09:40 AM

If it's a real GT it's probably going to be worth 2.5k at least!

Not Really-

http://www.ebay.co.u...&_dmd=1&_ipg=50

Haha I did say it was a guess! I'm just giving it a go haha. Sorry if it's wrong :s

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users