minisi35

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 676 posts
  • Local Club: british mini club shropshire

Posted 22 September 2017 - 03:02 PM

You and me both!

Its our own fault for having kids (but so worth it!)

#842 rally1380

rally1380

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,794 posts
  • Local Club: KDMC, CVMC,

Posted 22 September 2017 - 03:12 PM

You and me both!

Its our own fault for having kids (but so worth it!)

True......for me, it hasn't exactly helped with organising a rally to a stupidly high standard!!!!!  I make a rod for my own back sometimes!!!!!  Oh and I've bought another car in the meantime to do targa rallies!!!!

But one thing is for sure, I will be progressing Barry to 'fighting fit' status as soon as I can.....I've got a rally itch and it needs scratching.

#843 minisi35

minisi35

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 676 posts
  • Local Club: british mini club shropshire

Posted 22 September 2017 - 03:39 PM

You and Me both!! Its like a drug

I have another project on the cards also

#844 28hodge

28hodge

Stage One Kit Fitted

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 27 October 2017 - 01:43 PM

VALE OF CLWYD CLASSIC  2015

SNIP

vocc4_zpsff7p2fu2.jpg

Regularity 5 next over towards the area I grew up in so nice to be on some more really familiar ground….we only dropped 10 seconds on the entire section!!!  Test 8 first, then afternoon coffee/cake (did I mention it was civilised) and then Test 9 at the same venue.

SNIP

Just been re reading this, and noticed the orange mini in the foreground. Thats my mini!! 

I know the guy i bought it off helped organise the Vale Clwyd classic from what he told me.

Hope FrankenBarry is sorted soon dave.

PS i am nicking your harness bar design as mine has the identical cage in it, and the harness attachments currently are in the rear parcel shelf. Its passed MOT's like this apparently but im not sure how? either way I'll feel happier with them attached onto a harness bar.

#845 rally1380

rally1380

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,794 posts
  • Local Club: KDMC, CVMC,

Posted 09 November 2017 - 02:48 PM

Just been re reading this, and noticed the orange mini in the foreground. Thats my mini!! 

I know the guy i bought it off helped organise the Vale Clwyd classic from what he told me.

Hope FrankenBarry is sorted soon dave.

PS i am nicking your harness bar design as mine has the identical cage in it, and the harness attachments currently are in the rear parcel shelf. Its passed MOT's like this apparently but im not sure how? either way I'll feel happier with them attached onto a harness bar.

Brynmor has never really 'organised' the VoCC, but he has run tests on the event for them. Brynmor is a Broughton and Bretton MC member and has been clerk of the course on many road rallies so definitely knows the lanes of north wales - in fact this photo was taken just down the road from his mum's house.  I navigated for him on the 2015 Automark rally when he had a red 205 GTI and we finished 3rd overall....not bad considering the car was a right lemon and overheated on the first selective!!!!!!  Weirdly I've been chatting to him earlier today as we may be doing the Farrington road rally together in his Scooby.

Harness bar - yeah, definitely don't use the parcel shelf as it really isn't strong enough in a proper impact.  My design on the other hand was strong enough in an impact as I tested it...ha ha. I'd suggest a better method of connecting it to the diagonals than I did but the idea in principle works very well.  I've actually since cut it up for use in another car as the mini is getting rebuilt with an all singing, all dancing cage with built in harness bar (or at least that is the plan!!!)

FrankenBarry has still just to gain any forward momentum due to lots of other things happening, but rest assured, he will be back fighting fit at some point.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Mini Spares