I'm a first time poster and sad to say - I need to work out how much my beloved Mini is worth.
I was driving back from Devon a couple of weeks ago and the head gasket overheated, apparently causing all the pistons to sieze up - the mechanic has advised me it needs a whole new engine but the bodywork is mostly ok. Couple of issues -
- Front grille dented (thanks BT Wholesale!)
- Drivers Door sill rusted to hell ("see the light" in the next pic)
- Minor scrape on off-side wheel arch (Thanks TFL Bus Driver!)
- Rust on Sub-Frame
- Bearing was showing play at last MOT
- Sun Roof is now out of synch and the arms that pull it up and down will probably need replacing
- It's a bit smelly from the previous owner being a smoker.
That's a bit of my shonky fibre glassing on the bottom of the door - apologies! Its currently located Near Tiverton (where I had to leave it at a local garage). Any questions or comments or suggestions please let me know. I know it's far from mint, but I'm optimistic someone will be able to use it or stick a new/old engine in it?