#16 minisprint

minisprint

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,036 posts
  • Local Club: GR8 minis

Posted 24 March 2006 - 05:51 PM

Doesn't look like a minus at all to me. Looks like a fibreglass shell made for just that purpose. Doesn't look like it's been cut out from a minus shell? Plus it looks quite new :dontgetit:

Anyhoo looks like a very good start for something that will be a lot of fun!!! :rolleyes:

You planning on trying to make this road legal? Will be interested to see how all the SVA goes.

all Iam saying is this shell looks to be a minus shell!it looks very much like the other shell i have incluing some features like the height has been lost from the doors!will compare it to the other at the weekend! and post some pics!ps the rear arches are removable and it has mk1 light apertures under them like a minus would of have!

Doesn't look like a minus at all to me. Looks like a fibreglass shell made for just that purpose. Doesn't look like it's been cut out from a minus shell? Plus it looks quite new :ermm:

Anyhoo looks like a very good start for something that will be a lot of fun!!! :-

You planning on trying to make this road legal? Will be interested to see how all the SVA goes.

all Iam saying is this shell looks to be a minus shell!it looks very much like the other shell i have incluing some features like the height has been lost from the doors!will compare it to the other at the weekend! and post some pics!ps the rear arches are removable and it has mk1 light apertures under them like a minus would of have!

if they can get that thing they made on scrappy racers through the sva i can get this through!in any case i think i seen a chassis number on it while i was taking it out the van!so iam going to investigate that!also i know all the rules for the sva as i work as an mot tester and i have a lot of info i can use to help me get it up to scratch.

#17 pete

pete

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 680 posts

Posted 24 March 2006 - 08:02 PM

It does look like it could have been copied from a minus. Looking at the ebay pics there seems a lot of framework in the back where most bike engines have been mounted. Are you making it front engined?

Slightly off topic but the fibreglass doors you put pics of in the other thread, did you make them yourself or buy them from someone. They look very similar in build to the ones I got from a guy called Dave last week.

Pete

#18 minisprint

minisprint

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,036 posts

Posted 24 March 2006 - 08:26 PM

It does look like it could have been copied from a minus. Looking at the ebay pics there seems a lot of framework in the back where most bike engines have been mounted. Are you making it front engined?

Slightly off topic but the fibreglass doors you put pics of in the other thread, did you make them yourself or buy them from someone. They look very similar in build to the ones I got from a guy called Dave last week.

Pete

i got them from a man called dave too.he has a migila race car!!and a miguire space frame.is this the one you are thinking of next?

#19 TJenkos

TJenkos

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 24 March 2006 - 08:28 PM

man who had it knew nothing about cars!!!he was overtook in his turbo supra at 130 by a bike engine mini so he got this!!and he dont even have a socket set!!! :rolleyes:
Posted Image

I didnt think the bike minis top end was that high??

#20 minisprint

minisprint

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,036 posts

Posted 24 March 2006 - 08:37 PM

man who had it knew nothing about cars!!!he was overtook in his turbo supra at 130 by a bike engine mini so he got this!!and he dont even have a socket set!!! :rolleyes:
Posted Image

a hayabusa bike is capable of 200 so with the right gearing i think its possible

#21 pete

pete

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 680 posts

Posted 24 March 2006 - 08:39 PM

Pete

i got them from a man called dave too.he has a migila race car!!and a miguire space frame.is this the one you are thinking of next?

Same man.

#22 TJenkos

TJenkos

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 24 March 2006 - 09:07 PM

Posted Image

a hayabusa bike is capable of 200 so with the right gearing i think its possible

But not a Mini with a bike engine :-

#23 minisprint

minisprint

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,036 posts

Posted 24 March 2006 - 09:43 PM

Posted Image

But not a Mini with a bike engine :-

carnt see why not!!in any case i think iam a million miles from doing 10 mph never mind 130 or what ever!!lol

#24 minisprint

minisprint

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,036 posts

Posted 24 March 2006 - 10:16 PM

Doesn't look like a minus at all to me. Looks like a fibreglass shell made for just that purpose. Doesn't look like it's been cut out from a minus shell? Plus it looks quite new :-

Anyhoo looks like a very good start for something that will be a lot of fun!!! :rolleyes:

found this on a mini forum it says it is a mini minus 4r2!
Posted Image
rear engined minus

#25 Andykettle

Andykettle

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 174 posts
  • Local Club: GR8 MINIS!

Posted 24 March 2006 - 11:04 PM

So which project are we starting on first then? :ermm: And are going to try and get it done for avon park? :rolleyes: :- or were you going to take the Zeemax? OR BOTH :dontgetit:

#26 minisprint

minisprint

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,036 posts

Posted 24 March 2006 - 11:08 PM

So which project are we starting on first then? :w00t: And are going to try and get it done for avon park? :rolleyes: :dontgetit: or were you going to take the Zeemax? OR BOTH :ermm:

are you going to get yours done for avon park? :-

#27 Andykettle

Andykettle

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 24 March 2006 - 11:12 PM

lol i think so! U still hankering for a hayabusa engine or will u settle for a blackbird engine, and do u want carb or injection?

#28 minisprint

minisprint

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,036 posts

Posted 24 March 2006 - 11:18 PM

lol i think so! U still hankering for a hayabusa engine or will u settle for a blackbird engine, and do u want carb or injection?

any aslong as its powerfull and my brother can collect now!! ha ha

#29 Andykettle

Andykettle

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 24 March 2006 - 11:30 PM

LMOA :rolleyes: still think your better with Honda power!

Back to an earlyer post, if i can get 140mph on a 600cc bandit you should easly get 180 with a few tweeks no problem.

I'll even test pilot it if u want! :-

#30 minisprint

minisprint

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,036 posts

Posted 24 March 2006 - 11:32 PM

LMOA :rolleyes: still think your better with Honda power!

Back to an earlyer post, if i can get 140mph on a 600cc bandit you should easly get 180 with a few tweeks no problem.

I'll even test pilot it if u want! :-

ok your on.now find me an engine!black bird!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users