54 replies to this topic

#31 gadgets23

gadgets23

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 25 March 2006 - 12:26 AM

found this on a mini forum it says it is a mini minus 4r2!
Posted Image
rear engined minus

your mini if ya could call it that, more of, the project you have isnt a 4r2 in that sense.
the pic ya posted was taken by me, and it is a minus derived yes, but used MANY more minus/mini things that yours, as in didnt have a 'space frame' it was a front subframe that was mounted at the rear ...
(still had a front sufram just no engine, all inside/flor etc were mini/minus, just the back and had vent/kit things for ventilation of the rear engine (a series by the way)

plus this one is/was only a replica 42r. as they were/are originaly metroracers so ive learnt since ???? again n0t 100% there

yours yes is as the very basic level formed from a minus .. that is the shell (roof and sides) are made from/with minus, but thats were it ends ! ..
all the front end (removable) and rear all the insides and floor just is'nt mini, nor minus related ....

Mick ..

#32 F1 Mini

F1 Mini

1 Gold star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 583 posts

Posted 25 March 2006 - 12:41 AM

man who had it knew nothing about cars!!!he was overtook in his turbo supra at 130 by a bike engine mini so he got this!!and he dont even have a socket set!!! :-
Posted Image

I didnt think the bike minis top end was that high??

Forget 130mph I'm aiming for 150+ :dontgetit: :rolleyes:

#33 Andykettle

Andykettle

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 174 posts
  • Local Club: GR8 MINIS!

Posted 25 March 2006 - 05:25 PM

From what i can find out and as a ruff guess the top speed on a stock blackbird is 187mph but with a change to the gearing and a power commander u should be able to reach 200+ no problems. :rolleyes:

#34 minisprint

minisprint

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,036 posts
  • Local Club: GR8 minis

Posted 25 March 2006 - 09:31 PM

[quote name='Ade' date='Mar 24 2006, 11:49 AM' post='261869']
Doesn't look like a minus at all to me. Looks like a fibreglass shell made for just that purpose. Doesn't look like it's been cut out from a minus shell?
ade
this shell is a minus ive compared the door opening to both my other minus shells and they are identical!also the moulding lines are in the same place on both new shells!!ok i know minus's have a full floor and bulkheads but i know you could ask them to build them as you requested.like the light weight one!with fibreglass as thick as paper!and a removable front end. pics to follow

#35 Jammy

Jammy

Moved Into The Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,397 posts

Posted 26 March 2006 - 11:13 AM

It does look like it could have been copied from a minus. Looking at the ebay pics there seems a lot of framework in the back where most bike engines have been mounted. Are you making it front engined?

Slightly off topic but the fibreglass doors you put pics of in the other thread, did you make them yourself or buy them from someone. They look very similar in build to the ones I got from a guy called Dave last week.

Pete

i got them from a man called dave too.he has a migila race car!!and a miguire space frame.is this the one you are thinking of next?

Same man.

Dave Kimberley, nice bloke. Is he getting back into Miglias?? I got my KAD wheels from him.

#36 F1 Mini

F1 Mini

1 Gold star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 583 posts

Posted 26 March 2006 - 02:13 PM

Only if he can find some more sponsers, have met him myself..... Seen his Original Cooper S Looks better than new....

#37 Jammy

Jammy

Moved Into The Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,397 posts

Posted 26 March 2006 - 08:29 PM

Sorry for the continued hijack; hows he going with that Cooper S?? When I met him he had just had the shell resprayed, it looked beautiful! He was quite nervous about me walking by it!

#38 Ade

Ade

the bogie man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,357 posts

Posted 26 March 2006 - 10:06 PM

[quote name='minisprint' date='Mar 25 2006, 10:31 PM' post='262618']
[quote name='Ade' date='Mar 24 2006, 11:49 AM' post='261869']
Doesn't look like a minus at all to me. Looks like a fibreglass shell made for just that purpose. Doesn't look like it's been cut out from a minus shell?
ade
this shell is a minus ive compared the door opening to both my other minus shells and they are identical!also the moulding lines are in the same place on both new shells!!ok i know minus's have a full floor and bulkheads but i know you could ask them to build them as you requested.like the light weight one!with fibreglass as thick as paper!and a removable front end. pics to follow
[/quote]

Fair enough! :rolleyes: I've never claimed to be an expert just didn't think it looked like one :dontgetit: But wrong again! :ermm:

Still looks good and I'll definatley be keeping an eye on your project.

And your right there is no reason other than an alteration to the gearing that'll take the top speed much higher than 130. Speedo calibration aside mine has been up in that area (and above) on private roads of course......... Will check it one day with my satnav. :-

#39 gadgets23

gadgets23

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 26 March 2006 - 10:58 PM

hmmmm ya know now ive got to look at these pics a bit more and close up, and whats bolted to it, i reckon it is made from the same moulds that the car pictured (red rwd a series) used as well

now obviously the front end is diferent on that one, as the one i saw is was pretty much standard, but with extra bit bolted to the wings .. bit like the back ..
but its Definatly the same at the rear ..
and of course the one i saw (pictured) had all normal minus intieror/floor etc ..

will dig out the other photos i took of it and compare ....
but ya definatly got summit very rare there !

Mick ..
Mick ..

#40 minisprint

minisprint

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,036 posts

Posted 28 March 2006 - 05:19 PM

hmmmm ya know now ive got to look at these pics a bit more and close up, and whats bolted to it, i reckon it is made from the same moulds that the car pictured (red rwd a series) used as well

now obviously the front end is diferent on that one, as the one i saw is was pretty much standard, but with extra bit bolted to the wings .. bit like the back ..
but its Definatly the same at the rear ..
and of course the one i saw (pictured) had all normal minus intieror/floor etc ..

will dig out the other photos i took of it and compare ....
but ya definatly got summit very rare there !

Mick ..
Mick ..

andy is posting the pics for me hopefully tonight.i couldnt down size them for some reason!some more pics of the red one would be good!

#41 Andykettle

Andykettle

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 174 posts
  • Local Club: GR8 MINIS!

Posted 30 March 2006 - 09:58 PM

Heres the photo's of chris's third MINUS shell! :P

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Have some more if u want to see em.

Andy

#42 gadgets23

gadgets23

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 31 March 2006 - 08:41 PM

ok thought id do some research !!

now as we know the 4R2 is 'themed' from the 6R4

the 6R4 is a metro, with a 6 cylinder rally car with 4 wheel drive ! hence its name ..
info found here.... http://mgmetro6r4.my...-members.co.uk/

ok now, look at those metro body kits and you can see were the idea came from !!!!
and how the mini got its name too !, 4 cylider raly car with 2 wheel drive
OR 4 wheels, Rear engine, with 2 seats... as thats another naming convention !

now its the status company that made the 4R2's which i got a photo of before the last one that keith owned was sold ! and that was as you can see, with a minus shell with a front subframe mounted at the rear ...

now hat u have in esence is this ! ... but as a space frame instead .....
(as its a minus shell, with the same body kit (at least the backend is) )

anyhows .. thats what ive come up !
thoughts ? cheers Mick ...

#43 minisprint

minisprint

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,036 posts

Posted 01 April 2006 - 07:46 AM

ok thought id do some research !!

now as we know the 4R2 is 'themed' from the 6R4

the 6R4 is a metro, with a 6 cylinder rally car with 4 wheel drive ! hence its name ..
info found here.... http://mgmetro6r4.my...-members.co.uk/

ok now, look at those metro body kits and you can see were the idea came from !!!!
and how the mini got its name too !, 4 cylider raly car with 2 wheel drive
OR 4 wheels, Rear engine, with 2 seats... as thats another naming convention !

now its the status company that made the 4R2's which i got a photo of before the last one that keith owned was sold ! and that was as you can see, with a minus shell with a front subframe mounted at the rear ...

now hat u have in esence is this ! ... but as a space frame instead .....
(as its a minus shell, with the same body kit (at least the backend is) )

anyhows .. thats what ive come up !
thoughts ? cheers Mick ...

sounds right to me the front end i slightly different gel coat to the body.so it quite rare then!

#44 minisprint

minisprint

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,036 posts

Posted 22 April 2006 - 08:29 PM

any one know of a cheap blackbird engine or bike complete?

#45 minisprint

minisprint

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,036 posts

Posted 23 May 2006 - 05:53 PM

found my donor engine!! its a blackbird cbr1100.its complete with all auxilleries.its a runner in a custom frame!will post pics asap :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users