1353 replies to this topic

#1351 Artstu

Artstu

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 752 posts

Posted 11 December 2017 - 08:13 PM

It’s important that the brake bias is right and I’m not sure where to go from here. I have Minisport vented disks with 4 pot calipers and Minifins on the rear. The brakes will have to be servo assisted (sorry) but I could do with a proper way of setting the bias. I also prefer a pedal box servo to the remote type. It’s all mega complicated but if anyone can point me in the right direction I would appreciate it.

Thanks
Pete

Perhaps the same valve as already pictured above by gadget. Local-ish too

http://www.compbrake...ons-new-silver/

Edited by Artstu, 11 December 2017 - 08:15 PM.

#1352 Petrol

Petrol

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 760 posts

Posted 12 December 2017 - 09:50 PM

I bought the same as gadget but thanks for the heads up

1782_zpsqb1hdhzm.jpg

Had to drill two 20mm holes in the bulkhead. These are the the only holes I've had to drill since the shell was painted :ohno:

Brushed some paint on though

1785_zpsxcu46prz.jpg

Hole punched in a 20mm grommet

1786_zpst8jlegty.jpg

1787_zpsljx6wvym.jpg

I prefer this method to bulkhead connectors. Less joints and all that

1788_zpsityeg6pv.jpg

Made this bracket out of 2mm stainless. Since there are no flexibles it needs to be rigid

1784_zpsicqhu9ji.jpg

1783_zpsf5bvnfvj.jpg

Its all a bit tight in here. Glad I fitted this without the drivers door on

1789_zpstqsv1dsz.jpg

1790_zpsvalkjtzv.jpg

Fuel cut off switch in console

1781_zpslovlfxti.jpg

1780_zpsrde1fpac.jpg

It's not hit the road and the mods have started!

Pete

#1353 gadget555

gadget555

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted Yesterday, 10:03 AM

Look's good mate, like the positioning of the adjuster. 

#1354 Petrol

Petrol

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 760 posts

Posted Yesterday, 10:48 PM

I wanted to adjust the limiting valve from the dash because I prefer less bias to the rear in the wet.
A bias pedal box is the best bet but it's a bit late for that.I have just ordered a pair of GWC1131 rear cylinders which are 0.5625"(14.29mm) in diameter, a bit smaller than the ones Minisport supplied with the rear brake backplate assembly. This will bring the static bias (before the valve kicks in) a bit more to the front. The last thing you want is the back end locking up when it's slippy.

Lesson learned, these are Quinton Hazell so hopefully the quality will be OK. I'm tired of cheap crap sold at inflated prices.

Brakes are mega important for a "proper" driving experience. The best stock car I have driven with regard to this was a Lotus Elise. You could hit the brakes and feel the lockup point through the pedal. I was mega impressed!

A properly setup Mini will have the same feel and with some sticky Yoko's will stop on a sixpence.

People pay a lot of attention and spend a lot of money to get good acceleration. For the best driving experience deceleration is just as important to me.

Lots going on with this build now, lots's of questions because I want to get it right. I'm on it 24/7

I'm looking at a wedged / bladed crank and lightened backplate for the clutch. I also need a crankshaft damper which is proving interesting reading!

More soon

Thanks for looking

Pete

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Mini Spares