#1426 Steve8274

Steve8274

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 580 posts

Posted 13 March 2018 - 08:02 AM

Thanks Pete. Thats great.
Another question, sorry. Did you stick it on with the adhesive it comes with or use the screen sealant you used for other trim?
Thanks

#1427 johnR

johnR

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,244 posts

Posted 13 March 2018 - 10:58 AM

Looks like a great solution - my car leaked in a heavy thunderstorm in the South of France but lazily I haven't done anything about it because I tend not to take it out in the rain.

#1428 Steve220

Steve220

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,885 posts
  • Local Club: RAF Mini Club

Posted 13 March 2018 - 12:19 PM

Thanks guys and sorry Steve.

Car is back in the garage and it's not easy to take a pic of the whole seal. Hope this is ok but it runs around the whole door

1892_zpsua2atzg0.jpg

Dimensions of seal

1893_zpsc8qpxpyh.jpg

Ebay linky

https://www.ebay.co....m-/151599925099

Pete

Absolutely stunning work as usual Pete! Next mediocre question for you - what carpet set are you using for your build?

#1429 TobyM2018

TobyM2018

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 13 March 2018 - 02:12 PM

I've been reading through the first 7 or 8 pages of this project. Felt i should stop to offer up my appreciation (as a total novice) for all the information im picking up from the creator/s and the responses. First class guys!

Used to own an S14a myself and honestly... fantastic to see one being looked after like that :)

Keep up the good work!

#1430 Petrol

Petrol

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 967 posts

Posted 13 March 2018 - 11:22 PM

Thanks Pete. Thats great.
Another question, sorry. Did you stick it on with the adhesive it comes with or use the screen sealant you used for other trim?
Thanks

It has a self adhesive strip that seems OK. I tested it outside on another car for a few days to make sure it was up to the job.
The screen stuff is a sealant not an adhesive.

Looks like a great solution - my car leaked in a heavy thunderstorm in the South of France but lazily I haven't done anything about it because I tend not to take it out in the rain.

I think your solution is better....... Live in the south of France! Warmer and drier...
It won't have a hard life because it will be dry stored in winter but I will have to wash it. I don't like the idea of damp carpets

Thanks guys and sorry Steve.

Car is back in the garage and it's not easy to take a pic of the whole seal. Hope this is ok but it runs around the whole door

1892_zpsua2atzg0.jpg

Dimensions of seal

1893_zpsc8qpxpyh.jpg

Ebay linky

https://www.ebay.co....m-/151599925099

Pete

Absolutely stunning work as usual Pete! Next mediocre question for you - what carpet set are you using for your build?

Newton commercial moulded MK3 on. That's the job I'm on with now and I'll post up some pics when it's done
Blimey Steve, your on the ball! I guess you saw part of the carpet being fitted.

I've been reading through the first 7 or 8 pages of this project. Felt i should stop to offer up my appreciation (as a total novice) for all the information im picking up from the creator/s and the responses. First class guys!

Used to own an S14a myself and honestly... fantastic to see one being looked after like that :)

Keep up the good work!

Thanks, My S14a, S13 and Honda S2000 are all great cars but I'm looking forward to driving this Mini more than anything.
I'm fortunate to have driven a lot of fast and interesting cars over the years from factory built works rally cars to big HP Nissan GTR's This Mini is raw though and I'm hoping it will put a real smile on my face if I can get everything set up properly.

Pete

Edited by Petrol, 14 March 2018 - 05:57 AM.

#1431 TobyM2018

TobyM2018

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 14 March 2018 - 10:31 AM

I dont even know you but somehow I have faith that you'll achieve your goal :)

#1432 Marco1972

Marco1972

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 822 posts

Posted 14 March 2018 - 11:34 AM

I like the door seal fix
if mine leaks and I may have to nick your idea 😃👍🏻

#1433 Petrol

Petrol

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 967 posts

Posted 17 March 2018 - 11:31 PM

I like the door seal fix
if mine leaks and I may have to nick your idea 😃👍🏻

The doors are bit hard to shut now, I'd rather have that than raining in but they might get a bit easier with time.

I'm trying to keep the weight down on this car so rather than lining the floor with proper sound deadening stuff I bought a cheap felt type underlay

1904_zpspfukwtxb.jpg

I had to cut it down to work around the seat mounts / floor stiffener

The carpet covers the stiffener. Hidden mods are good for me

1905_zpsssxwltok.jpg

Had to trim everything to make it fit. Bit of  pita really

1906_zps7lsg5ecg.jpg

Inner sill carpet cut for seat belt / stiffener bolts

1899_zpsnzr6fmja.jpg

Lightweight sub fitted under passenger seat.

1907_zpshev9ogo4.jpg

This is a Newton Commercial carpet and fit's both RHD and LHD cars. It comes with this felt which I used as a template.

1894_zpsoq0pwifk.jpg

Everything needed a lot of trimming / fitting but.....

1908_zpsrhx9kb05.jpg

1909_zpssfbfmfnp.jpg

1911_zps8gvfl9th.jpg

1910_zpsfm8t3mq1.jpg

#1434 Ben_O

Ben_O

Mill Road Garage

• Paint Doctor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,781 posts

Posted 18 March 2018 - 09:14 AM

Very nice  :gimme:

#1435 gadget555

gadget555

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 18 March 2018 - 10:52 AM

That look's great! It’s just a pity that anything we buy these days doesn’t fit properly and we have to trim or adjust them to fit. I'm sure if you were stuck for a full time job there would be a que of people wanting your services or even company’s willing to offer you a job! Your quality of workmanship and attention to detail is second to none, I tip my hat to you sir, keep up the good work and the updates.

#1436 FAZ

FAZ

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 18 March 2018 - 11:15 AM

What speaker pods and speakers have you got In the footwells? Looks amazing by the way

#1437 Jase

Jase

One Carb Or Two?

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,160 posts

Posted 18 March 2018 - 12:01 PM

Wow, I'd rather pay you to build me a £60k mini than the other company. Attention to detail, quality etc are exceptional.

#1438 Petrol

Petrol

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 967 posts

Posted 23 March 2018 - 10:24 PM

That look's great! It’s just a pity that anything we buy these days doesn’t fit properly and we have to trim or adjust them to fit. I'm sure if you were stuck for a full time job there would be a que of people wanting your services or even company’s willing to offer you a job! Your quality of workmanship and attention to detail is second to none, I tip my hat to you sir, keep up the good work and the updates.

That's Mini's I'm afraid. I can cope with things needing trimming / fitting but poor quality materials does my head in when you've paid top dollar.

The carpet is a Newton Commercial and is pretty decent quality

What speaker pods and speakers have you got In the footwells? Looks amazing by the way

I bought the pods second hand off ebay to use as templates. I re manufactured them using lightweight foam filled plastic and covered them with black fabric. The speakers are Genesis brand and the amp driving them is a Genesis profile 4 fitted under the rear parcel shelf. 

Wow, I'd rather pay you to build me a £60k mini than the other company. Attention to detail, quality etc are exceptional.

Thanks for the kind words guys and I would love to have a look at a re manufactured Mini. It will be interesting to see how long the shells last before any rust starts appearing.

Seats fitted

1912_zpso745pjh3.jpg

1917_zpstqvtxt7m.jpg

1913_zpsrpl7hdan.jpg

1915_zps40hsjgzz.jpg

Door card

1914_zpsugfoscu9.jpg

Just a few things to sort inside then it's engine build

Pete

#1439 Jared Mk3

Jared Mk3

Has a small thing but it does make a difference