AVV IT

I am a shed dragger.

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,122 posts
  • Name: Dave
  • Local Club: Nobody will have me!!

Posted 02 December 2012 - 07:56 PM

If you're fitting mk 2/3 lmaps and want to add a reversing lamp that kinda looks in keeping, then buy a fog lamp bracket for a left hand drive model and a reversing lamp for a landrover defender (identical to the standard mini fog lamp but with a clear lens) and mount it on the rear valance opposite side to the fog lamp.

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item232546844c

#17 Noah

Noah

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,136 posts
  • Local Club: Essex Mini Club

Posted 28 January 2013 - 12:00 PM

Charlie.

I attempted to follow this guide today, but either my Mk4 lights are different or I'm missing something. You can't just pull the wires through on the Mk4s like you can on the Mk2s and mine didn't want to play ball when attempting to take them out of the connector.

Didn't really want to have to cut wires but I have experience in soldering (well enough to solder a few wires together) and it appears that splitting the mk4 wires in half and feeding them through the mk2s then soldering them would've taken much less time.

Please could you take some photos of the Mk4 disassembly as its not as easy (in my eyes) as you make out and the installing the mk4 loom into the mk3 light.

Noah

#18 richw911

richw911

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 2,084 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 12:45 PM

Charlie.

I attempted to follow this guide today, but either my Mk4 lights are different or I'm missing something. You can't just pull the wires through on the Mk4s like you can on the Mk2s and mine didn't want to play ball when attempting to take them out of the connector.

Didn't really want to have to cut wires but I have experience in soldering (well enough to solder a few wires together) and it appears that splitting the mk4 wires in half and feeding them through the mk2s then soldering them would've taken much less time.

Please could you take some photos of the Mk4 disassembly as its not as easy (in my eyes) as you make out and the installing the mk4 loom into the mk3 light.

Noah

You need to push the mk4 wires through the front then remove the brown disc on the wire you can now pull the wire out of the back.

#19 Noah

Noah

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 4,136 posts
  • Local Club: Essex Mini Club

Posted 28 January 2013 - 02:03 PM

Got that, thanks.

Now I just need to figure out why it isn't working :D, I think its the frayed wiring in the boot, and possibly the cable that isn't connected to aything but has a push on style connector.

#20 wiltona79

wiltona79

On The Road

• Just Joined
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 09 May 2020 - 01:39 PM

I've just done this job and my mk4 lights had an eart cable running to them but the mk2 lights dont.

So I need to connect the earth to anything or the lights?

#21 Utopian2

Utopian2

On The Road

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 05 April 2024 - 03:13 PM

Nice tip, although I should say in my case swapping the lamp out from the fuel tank side was a nightmare that I can't escape - 3 days trying to find why it killed all electrics on my car.

Time to give up I think - now I know there are barn finds.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users