5 replies to this topic

#1 ryan69

ryan69

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 859 posts

Posted 31 March 2006 - 07:39 PM

I was wondering about metalflake paint and about good colour combinations. What do you think would be a good combination of colours, I was thinking along the lines of a black with a red/purple metalflake.

Also does anyone have any good pics of any minis with metalflake paint.

#2 bristolminimad

bristolminimad

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 850 posts
  • Local Club: Swindon Mini AsoCiates

Posted 02 April 2006 - 07:59 PM

my roof is black with large red flake, it loks good in the sun but in the shade people allways say that "over spray ruins the car", i'll take a pic tomorrow for you of my roof( hope it's sunny)

#3 cooper_shaz

cooper_shaz

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,000 posts

Posted 03 April 2006 - 10:12 AM

The only thing to remember with metalflake is that you chip/scratch it, there is no easy way of matching it.

You could be talking about respraying the side of a car for the sake of a dent/scratch on a single panel.

Given that minis rust by design, your probably looking at 5 - 8 years before needing to replace the panels
due to rust, and thats if you had completely rust free , properly prepared good quality panels to start with

Just something to bear in minid, but the effects you get can be stunning..

#4 ryan69

ryan69

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 859 posts

Posted 11 April 2006 - 11:32 AM

Cheers for the advice guys.

#5 Ria

Ria

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 457 posts

Posted 19 April 2006 - 07:59 AM

Something to consider other than metalflake is paint that has crushed glass in it. A friend of mine has a white mini with crushed glass in the paint and its absolutely stunning when the sun shines on it. In the shade, it just looks like any other white car though whereas metalflake looks like blemishes in the paint when its not sparkling.

I *think* its a house of kolor paint but not too sure.

#6 Dolts

Dolts

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 555 posts
  • Local Club: Tyred and Exhausted

Posted 19 April 2006 - 09:50 AM

I had a rainbow flake on mine before that was blue in the shade, it was stunning in the sun, but looked like blue overspray the rest of the time
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users