kappa

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,301 posts
  • Local Club: Middlesex Mini Club

Posted 02 December 2012 - 12:31 PM

Hi all,

I have had a search on the forum, but found no joy of how to adjust my filter king fuel reg.

I bought a filter king fuel reg and have installed it in my car, I have not got a gauge fitted to this though.

I bought this new and like a muppet I am I managed to throw away the instruction.

My question is when I take off the domed nut to adjust the pressure, which way decreases and which way increases the fuel?

As I am totally baffled on this.

Please help

Thanks

#2 jpw1275

jpw1275

Up Into Fourth

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,803 posts
  • Local Club: I'm a carb addict!!!!!!!

Posted 02 December 2012 - 06:31 PM

Good evening.....from memory anti clockwise increases the flow

Cheers james

#3 carbon

carbon

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,590 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 07:52 PM

Turn clockwise to increase pressure. Here is the text from Malpassi about the Filter King :

The " FILTER KING" has been adjusted for pressure corresponding to the top performance of the relative engine. The fuel-flow has been calculated by taking into consideration the diameter of the float needle valve and the capacity of the float bowl of the carburettor. If it should prove necessary to alter the fuel pressure to the carburettor, act as follows: If the fuel pressure is to low take off the blind cap nut, loosen the opposite lock nut and turn the adjusting screw half a turn in clockwise direction. If however the pressure should be too high act as before but turn the adjusting screw counter clockwise always only for half a turn. This adjustment has to be done gradually until the ideal pressure will be reached. If there should be stalling or starvation under acceleration, or at high speeds, the pressure always has to be increased by turning the adjusting screw gradually by half a turn in clockwise direction. When the setting of the screw is made, be sure to tighten the lock nut carefully, so that the position of the adjustment screw is not changed, then install cap nut and tighten. The " FILTER KING " is warranted for perfect function. It is made under control of the best of materials and workmanship and will perform, giving benefits of economy and performance for many years of trouble-free-service.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users