#286 benpopham

benpopham

The Carbon Weezel

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,149 posts

Posted 22 December 2009 - 09:29 AM

Hey Aric..
Cars looking really good, any pictures of the these articals of the mags youv been in? Would be really nice to have them on the site.

Did I see this car up for sale afew weeks ago? ... how could you!!

Ben

#287 CobraV8

CobraV8

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 991 posts

Posted 22 December 2009 - 09:42 AM

I do wish you foreigners would stop coming over here and nicking all our cars!

After 3 years this is the first bloke who made a negative comment about my car....

Why don't you just buy all the cars you don't want to leave your country so I can't buy them - otherwise, last I checked, if someone wants to sell me something, and I want to buy it, that's not illegal.

Maybe you should complain to your compatriate who sold it to me if your as upset as you sound.

Oh, and it's my car, so I can do what I want with it :lol:

Any other comebacks?....that's enough for one evening for me!

I think you were the victim of a dry Kiwi sense of humour - I am sure he wasnt really upset.

I am in New Zealand too - and appreciate why youd buy an NZ car -way better than the pommy rusty cars.

I got one back - imported one from Japan!

Great car - very exciting, I would like to do the same one day, but... just drop the subframe and motor into my car with less changes.

Keep up the good work.

#288 Monte Busa

Monte Busa

Super Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 681 posts

Posted 24 December 2009 - 03:26 AM

...the advert for the car was more of a feeler thing than a serious one - plus it's WAY the wrong time of year to sell a Mini...

Here are some links of the HQ pictures and others, one of the links you'll recognize >_<

Full picture gallery at:

http://s242.photobuc.....-motive Mini/

Half way down the page, The metallic gray one with the "13" meatball on the doors:

http://www.pro-motiv...tomerscars.html

Flying lap at Waterford Hills Raceway, Clarkston MI:

Excerpts from a small piece Detroit news did on the car:

http://www.carbonwee...ects/index.html

E-mail me for a scan of the article.

Aric

Hey Aric..
Cars looking really good, any pictures of the these articals of the mags youv been in? Would be really nice to have them on the site.

Ben

#289 benpopham

benpopham

The Carbon Weezel

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,149 posts

Posted 24 December 2009 - 03:14 PM

...the advert for the car was more of a feeler thing than a serious one - plus it's WAY the wrong time of year to sell a Mini...

Here are some links of the HQ pictures and others, one of the links you'll recognize >_<

Full picture gallery at:

Half way down the page, The metallic gray one with the "13" meatball on the doors:

Aric

Hey Aric..

Ben

Lol thanks for that aric.. nice 'carbon weezel' link at the end :P who makes that carbon.. its beautiful!

Do you mind if we add some more of the car to our site? and yeh would love some of the articles scanned in.. please do email me them!

Ben

[email protected]

#290 Monte Busa

Monte Busa

Super Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 681 posts

Posted 24 December 2009 - 07:24 PM

Just sent you an e-mail Ben.

Full picture gallery at:

Aric

Hey Aric..

Ben

Lol thanks for that aric.. nice 'carbon weezel' link at the end :P who makes that carbon.. its beautiful!

Do you mind if we add some more of the car to our site? and yeh would love some of the articles scanned in.. please do email me them!

Ben

[email protected]

#291 Sisu

Sisu

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 08:17 PM

I do wish you foreigners would stop coming over here and nicking all our cars!

After 3 years this is the first bloke who made a negative comment about my car....

Why don't you just buy all the cars you don't want to leave your country so I can't buy them - otherwise, last I checked, if someone wants to sell me something, and I want to buy it, that's not illegal.

Maybe you should complain to your compatriate who sold it to me if your as upset as you sound.

Oh, and it's my car, so I can do what I want with it ;)

Any other comebacks?....that's enough for one evening for me!

I think you were the victim of a dry Kiwi sense of humour - I am sure he wasnt really upset.

I am in New Zealand too - and appreciate why youd buy an NZ car -way better than the pommy rusty cars.

I got one back - imported one from Japan!

Great car - very exciting, I would like to do the same one day, but... just drop the subframe and motor into my car with less changes.

Keep up the good work.

:blink: no Monte Busa it isn't you Cooper770 frequents other forums and he rubs people up the wrong way all over the world. Just don't get him started about the times he met John Cooper, he now acts as a medium for John from the spirit world. "Now John if he was alive today would have..."

#292 Monte Busa

Monte Busa

Super Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 681 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 04:59 AM

Good to know.

Well chaps, the end of this chapter is near - the car will officially be making it's way across another Ocean in the next few days, to the Dominican Republic to its new owners.

I've been thrashing the last two weeks to get the car converted over to LHD so it can be imported there (don't ask me why Third World countries have strict import rules on what side you sit in in a car, but nevermind). I'm not going to take any pictures of the conversion though, as it makes me sad really, but I got a very fair price for the car so I can't complain.

Well, I guess this gives me no excuse but to work on my Zeds Monte Carlo turbo racer...assuming I dont' become too infatuated with my new daily driver in the meantime...I call her Elise:

Attached File  DSC09566_small.jpg   89.8K   39 downloads

:) no Monte Busa it isn't you Cooper770 frequents other forums and he rubs people up the wrong way all over the world. Just don't get him started about the times he met John Cooper, he now acts as a medium for John from the spirit world. "Now John if he was alive today would have..."

Edited by Monte Busa, 24 June 2010 - 05:01 AM.

#293 benpopham

benpopham

The Carbon Weezel

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,149 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 09:17 AM

Sorry to see it go Aric, I told Nick this morning. Glad its not being broken up or anything silly like that though, is a beautiful car! So when we going to see the Monte finished then :thumbsup:

Nice Yellow Elise though.. would go well with the Yellow Skyline outside here :D

#294 Monte Busa

Monte Busa

Super Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 681 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 07:33 PM

Yeah, it's going to an enthusiast, so that's good.

Here's its last picture. from today - I was sad to see it go, but I got a very good price for it:

Attached File  IMG00044.jpg   29.53K   115 downloads

The Monte is in need of some attention, surely!

Sorry to see it go Aric, I told Nick this morning. Glad its not being broken up or anything silly like that though, is a beautiful car! So when we going to see the Monte finished then :thumbsup:

Nice Yellow Elise though.. would go well with the Yellow Skyline outside here :thumbsup:

#295 jplonie

jplonie

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts
  • Local Club: www.lcmoc.com

Posted 14 July 2010 - 09:15 PM

Sorry to hear you let it go...
Did you ever get it featured?

If not more fool them!!!

J

#296 yousmeg

yousmeg

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 839 posts
  • Local Club: Not yet...

Posted 18 March 2012 - 03:14 PM

Just read this whole thread, amazing car. Hope you sold it on for a pretty penny!

#297 duds100

duds100

Mini Mad

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 230 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 02:56 PM

I know this is sold, but I am very interested in whether you had it weighed & what your corner weights were as I am finalising a very similar build at the moment. Did you settle on a geo setup & tyre pressure level FR &R that you can recommend?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users