#61 cptkirk

cptkirk

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,799 posts
  • Local Club: B.M.C. + Chiminiclub

Posted 16 January 2014 - 09:03 AM

Now you've finished have you got any more photos of the build??? I am sure its not just me that's interested in seeing how it all went together....

#62 GeorgeMini

GeorgeMini

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 05:15 PM

plus two on cptkirk's post! Pictures!! 

#63 BIGCVH

BIGCVH

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 09:14 AM

always thought about a diesel mini..... interesting

#64 CoenZ

CoenZ

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 24 February 2016 - 04:00 PM

It's been a very long time since I looked at my Mini. Somehow I lost interest last summer and I never really looked at it anymore. The car is ready and when driving it there are 2 "problems". The car is very low and the front of the car hits speedbumps, very annoying. Of course this can be fixed but it will take its time. The second issue is with the rear suspension. When I hit a bump in the road I hear a big knock but can't figure out what it is, just keep on searching I guess...

Today after a long time I took the car out for a spin and i instantly fell in love with it again.......

As far as building the car it isn't much different than a normal VTEC ZCARS Mini.

• The engine is a VW 1.9 TDI (ASR) with standard delivers 130 BHP. Because these engines are rock solid they can be tuned to 200BHP easily which I did with a different turbo, AGR delete and remapping the standard VW ECU. On the rolling road it got to 199.6BHP. Darkside Developments supplied the engine.
  • It makes use of the standard VTEC frame with some modifications for a VW TDI 1.9 which was done by ZCARS.
  • The engine came with a standard 6 speed VW gearbox. Because of the low revving engine and small wheels I had to change gears many many times and at 80mph I already was at 3500rpm which is quite high for a diesel engine. I met a guy here in the Netherlands who is specialized in VW gearboxes and he took an old 5 speed gearbox and changed the gear ratio's and final drive. It is very driveable now and has a top speed of 130mph roughly. When driving a normal road speed it rolls very smoothly at normal RPM's!
  • As always the wiring was the most work. I used a CBS wiring module which worked very well (http://www.carbuilde...t-wiring-module). The engine wiring for a 1.9 TDI is quite simple to connect to new wiring.
  • ZCARS supplied the standard VW gear change mech for this engine with some modifications to make it work for a rear engine (see pictures). That required me to fabricate my own tunnel as you can see in one of the pictures below. This was a nightmare to setup. Only when I read the VW manual it took me 5 minutes to get it working perfectly, it now shifts very smoothly.

Whenever there are question let me know and I will answer as best as I can....

Here are some pictures:

Attached File  IMG_20160224_153722.jpg   104.01K   24 downloads

Attached File  IMG_20160224_153756.jpg   69.58K   17 downloads

Attached File  IMG_20160224_155646.jpg   62.22K   23 downloads

Attached File  IMG_20160224_155712.jpg   59.45K   20 downloads

Attached File  IMG_20130529_150722 (2).jpg   71.83K   15 downloads

Attached File  IMG_20160224_155653.jpg   75.28K   18 downloads

Attached Files

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users