3 replies to this topic

#1 Bec

Bec

Crazy About Mini's

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,898 posts

Posted 03 April 2006 - 12:26 PM

Vern's white plastic mini badge looks a bit tatty, just wondered if anyone could give me a simpleton guide to preping it and what paint to use please?
Posted Image

He'd be very grateful, thanks ;D

#2 pikey7

pikey7

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,824 posts

Posted 03 April 2006 - 01:26 PM

nothing fancy at all.

Remove it. Clean off the sticky pad crud off the back and off the boot. Use some 800 grit sandpaper to "key" the surface and remove any imperfections. Wipe down. Primer. Paint! A couple of thin coats should do it (don't just put one thick coat on, it'll "run" off the corners of the raised text). Stick it back on! (halfords or similar number plate sticky pads will do it.

Standard rattle can paint will do.

#3 gsms

gsms

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,285 posts

Posted 03 April 2006 - 01:26 PM

When I used to have the little "1.3" badge on the boot, I used a halfords touch-up 2-pen kit. It has any paint colour you want to use, and the correct primer for it. It also makes it very accurate by using a fine pen.

Just give it a clean, quick wet'n'dry, use the primer pen, wait 24 hours, give it a quick rub with fine wet'n'dry paper if you wish, and then use the paint pen!

Guy. :(

EDIT: Pikey beat me to it! ;D

#4 Bec

Bec

Crazy About Mini's

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,898 posts

Posted 03 April 2006 - 01:33 PM

Thank you so much!

I'll be off to chavfords tomorrow and for the first time nearly sound like I know what I'm talking about :( Not that the staff normally do either!

Many thanks again ;D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users