#31 beemerduck

beemerduck

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 428 posts

Posted 06 April 2006 - 11:51 AM

Beemerduck those look lush!

They weren't that expensive either... I think they cost me £399 with the subfarames and matching back seat upholstery

#32 * Specialized *

* Specialized *

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 656 posts

Posted 06 April 2006 - 01:59 PM

yer they look awesome beemerduck, i ordered mine from minsport, took an iceage to arrive, but they are comfy

#33 Feeble

Feeble

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,094 posts

Posted 06 April 2006 - 02:02 PM

I can honestly say I haven't once sat in the back seat of my mini :w00t:

Don't know why you'd sit in the back of your own car... :dontgetit:

#34 Dan

Dan

On Sabbatical

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,354 posts

Posted 06 April 2006 - 05:27 PM

OK, you're all going to hate me but....

Cobra Classics are cheap nasty badly built junk.

I've had a set in the car now for 6 years. I think mine was the first set ordered in the black/blue combination with the matching centre-panelled rear seat that you can now buy everywhere. Firstly, they don't fit onto their own brand subframes and have to be modified with a drill and a file to get all the holes to line up. The subframes themselves are crappy as well, I don't really want to have to lock both sides of one seat into position independantly of each other I want them both to lock at the same time. The seat bases collapsed in less than two years as did the sides, they now give almost no support. The fabric is not UV friendly and so has not only faded but also melted and gone crispy where the sun hits it. From being very nice and strong black and blue when new they are now a kind of grey mush. We were very impressed with them when they were new and they looked great but they don't last. There's no quality to them at all.

I've said that on here lots of times before and I promised I wouldn't go on about it again but I can't just stand by and let you spend your hard earned. They took me for £650 and I hate them for it. That's all, I'll say no more.

#35 Bungle

Bungle

Original Spamster

• Members
  • 28,971 posts
  • Local Club: cornish mini club

Posted 06 April 2006 - 06:30 PM

I've said that on here lots of times before and I promised I wouldn't go on about it again but I can't just stand by and let you spend your hard earned. They took me for £650 and I hate them for it. That's all, I'll say no more.

if people dont speak up the rest of us wont know and might make the same mistake :'(

#36 Mini Mad James

Mini Mad James

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 274 posts

Posted 06 April 2006 - 08:37 PM

Im getting some of those but not sure what colour to go for :dontgetit:
Anyone know what colour combinations you can get them in?

and what goes with a really dark purple mini?
<< (not that one) :w00t:

#37 biggav

biggav

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,830 posts
  • Local Club: South Central

Posted 06 April 2006 - 09:20 PM

www.Minisport.com
I want rear seat covers to match my buckets.

#38 geo

geo

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 07 April 2006 - 11:07 AM

I had a set of these in my mini for about a year, after the first month of owning them I was contacting Mini Sport as both side of both seats had ripped.

I have found them to be the most comfortable seats for the mini but I would suggest that if you purchase them be prepared to pay to have them recovered as they are not the most hard wearing of seats either.

I personally will be buying them again in the future, although I do agree they are badly and cheaply made.

So I suppose its all comes down to if you’re happy to spend the money on something that will probably need replacing in about a years time, then go for it, if not, don’t.

:w00t:

#39 beemerduck

beemerduck

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 428 posts

Posted 07 April 2006 - 12:06 PM

OK, you're all going to hate me but....

Cobra Classics are cheap nasty badly built junk.

I've had a set in the car now for 6 years. I think mine was the first set ordered in the black/blue combination with the matching centre-panelled rear seat that you can now buy everywhere. Firstly, they don't fit onto their own brand subframes and have to be modified with a drill and a file to get all the holes to line up. The subframes themselves are crappy as well, I don't really want to have to lock both sides of one seat into position independantly of each other I want them both to lock at the same time. The seat bases collapsed in less than two years as did the sides, they now give almost no support. The fabric is not UV friendly and so has not only faded but also melted and gone crispy where the sun hits it. From being very nice and strong black and blue when new they are now a kind of grey mush. We were very impressed with them when they were new and they looked great but they don't last. There's no quality to them at all.

I will admit if you have anything sharp in your pockets they do rip easily (ormore punch holes into em) but my subframes were spot on, no filing or drilling, went straight in and tilt easily..You must've had a bad lot Dan. But as already stated on this thread you gets what you pays for, if you have the money I would suggest going for the leather cobra or corbeau recliners, but they are about £600 for the front seats alone.

#40 minimadjonesy

minimadjonesy

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,417 posts
  • Local Club: SMAC

Posted 07 April 2006 - 12:15 PM

i have corbeau ones, while not fantastic they are ok and I only bought them because the waiting time for the ones I really wanted (corbeau alpines, see pic) was a week longer than I had to get it done before driving to spain last year!

Posted Image

#41 sillyface

sillyface

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 12 May 2006 - 11:00 AM

Classics look great and when I first sat in them it was comfy.

But I use my mini a lot and after a long journey or going over the many speed bumps London has to offer I'm now a 28 year old with a 78 year olds back. :'(

Also I took my mates out and my best mates girlfriend sat in the front. All I can say is that it was a very embarrassing moment when someone can't fit into a seat because of their bum.

My opinion.....Classics are a lot like high heel shoes, they look great, and go with everything but they're not comfortable and fat people have trouble with them. :errr:

#42 Retro_10s

Retro_10s

• Members
  • 10,129 posts

Posted 12 May 2006 - 07:05 PM

I just bought a pair of plain back leather ones with headrest and subframes for £150. :dozing:

#43 smudger

smudger

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,854 posts
  • Local Club: Lots

Posted 13 May 2006 - 07:56 AM

Dont like em, to heavy for me.

lets not forget, after 85 you need head rest.

i sell Retro seats in GRP, some of you sat in em at Bingly, very comfy, just not cheap.

£125 per seat, alloy subframes at £35 making £160 EACH

pics will be posted.

(what can i say, i have loads of mini bits, lol)

#44 miniman86

miniman86

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,939 posts
  • Local Club: smag, Waltham Abby

Posted 17 May 2006 - 02:46 PM

they are great and increase handling in your car as they keep you absolutely still... but again if you are a bit on the big side (like me) they're a bit hard to get into...
Posted Image

i bought some black ones with subframes from minispares after xmas last yr, theyre in my red mini project, so sould be ok as it wont often get driven, i was gona get the cream ones, but on knowin what im like they wouldnt have been cream for long and would of eventually been black anyway! i didnt no about all the little niggles they have, but as i say the car isnt often used so should be ok, i hope!

but beemerduck ur cream cobras look the nuts!

#45 The Matt

The Matt

You don't escape that easily.....

• Admin
  • 17,229 posts
  • Name: Matt
  • Local Club: Welsh Border Minis

Posted 17 May 2006 - 06:15 PM

cool seats Kat, think im gonna end up gettin some of these eventually! lol!

i jus climb thru aswell, so much easier!!! lol

It really is! Im glad someone agrees! :w00t:

i want to see mini mad me and ade climb into the back for a mini :ph34r:

It's been done already! There is a video of it on t'internet somewhere! :blink:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users