Photo

I Am Really Interested In This, Just Found On Ebay!.. Opinions?

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1 RyanBebo

RyanBebo

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 02:33 AM

Hi all I've just stumbled across this on eBay http://www.ebay.co.u...=item2c6b49f5f7
Not sure if this is in the right section, but what do you guys think?.. I think it looks awesome and would go like the clappers!.. Reckon it's truly worth that sum of money??

#2 Noah

Noah

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,136 posts
  • Local Club: Essex Mini Club

Posted 03 January 2013 - 02:37 AM

Looks lovely however i'm abit weary of that split join where the scuttle meats the wing, makes you wonder what rust is lying under neath...

#3 RyanBebo

RyanBebo

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 02:43 AM

I was thinking that, looking at the picture that seems to be the only defect!
I might go in with my size 10's on and bid him 2800, see what he says! :)

#4 Noah

Noah

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 4,136 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 02:49 AM

Here some other things I can see wrong.... or not quite up to the 3.6k asking price.

The interior. - Its to say it nicely, Unfinished.

Lots of over spray and whats going on with the wheel arch.

He's all ready lowered the price, clubman estates are not cheap anyway, £2800 is a cheeky offer which he will probably turn down. I doubt he'd take less than £3200.

#5 RyanBebo

RyanBebo

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 02:55 AM

Hmm I didn't consider the interior condition actually!.. I just wanted something abit fun and unique!.. For abit of fun on the weekends maybe ha ha, think I'll stick to my Equinox!

#6 Noah

Noah

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 4,136 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 03:01 AM

Hmm I didn't consider the interior condition actually!.. I just wanted something abit fun and unique!.. For abit of fun on the weekends maybe ha ha, think I'll stick to my Equinox!

Your Equinox is all ready special by not being purple like the rest by the looks of your picture? Why not make it more special.

How about some Wide wheels, group 2 arches, over riders and a new grille? Maybe some Mk2 Rear lights and a mk1 boot lid?

Basically what I'm doing to my 35 except im sticking with standard black arches.

#7 RyanBebo

RyanBebo

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 03:08 AM

That would look sweet!.. I'm thinking of chroming the sills and getting customized pedals made, but not too sure yet!
Price-wise how much do you think a mk1 boot would set me back?.. And have a guess how much I paid for my pride and joy ha ha?
Ohh forgot to say as well, I'd add more pics of my car, but honestly have no clue how to! :(

Edited by RyanBebo, 03 January 2013 - 03:13 AM.

#8 Noah

Noah

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 4,136 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 03:18 AM

Go onto Photobucket and copy the IMG link.

Mk1 Bootlids can be outrageous to be honest, your best bet is too buy a used normal boot lid for £20. Buy the conversion panel for 15, get someone in your area to weld the new panel on, get it painted and bobs your uncle.

Mk2 Lights new are £80 quid for the set.

Over riders are about £30

Wheels used are about £150-£200.

Arches are about £40...

#9 RyanBebo

RyanBebo

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 03:22 AM

Wow that doesn't seem like too much money to create something unique!.. I am pretty competant at minor welding jobs like so i would possibly tackle that myself! :)
What is the largest alloy you would reccomend?... Don't want to buy something enormous as it would just look silly and probably require me cutting into the body!

#10 Noah

Noah

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 4,136 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 03:28 AM

Wow that doesn't seem like too much money to create something unique!.. I am pretty competant at minor welding jobs like so i would possibly tackle that myself! :)
What is the largest alloy you would reccomend?... Don't want to buy something enormous as it would just look silly and probably require me cutting into the body!

Well Mine are 12x5.5 which is the widest you can go without having to cut the wing/front panel.

Here's a picture of how far they stick out.

Posted Image

Do note that your steering will probably be slightly heavier due to the wider wheels, but you'll have more grip, generally speaking. Make sure to use Yokohama tyres. :) Much better in the wet than falkens.

If you look in the complete mini rebuilds section there is a thread called "Dreadsters mini restored by Digler" there is a bit in there where he does the conversion...

#11 RyanBebo

RyanBebo

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 03:32 AM

Ahh cheers mate, they look superb actually! Currently on minispares browsing a few parts, I can see my christmas bonus slowly disapearing ha ha!

#12 Noah

Noah

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 4,136 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 03:33 AM

Yeah, Mine are these...Just rustier older and dirtier.

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item35ada67f6a

#13 RyanBebo

RyanBebo

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 03:36 AM

Yeah, Mine are these...Just rustier older and dirtier.

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item35ada67f6a

They are actually really nice wheels!.. Mine are just standard silver minilites 12inch, not sure what the other dimensions are ha ha! Mine are quite scuffed to be fair, and I wouldn't mind getting them professionally going over!.. Not to sure how much it would cost me however..

#14 Noah

Noah

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 4,136 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 03:42 AM

If you post a picture I'll probably be able to tell you.

Refurbs are more often than not £60 a corner. So £240... Considering the cost of new wheels LOL

#15 RyanBebo

RyanBebo

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 03:54 AM

That ain't to shabby I suppose... I will post a few pictures tomorrow, as I think it's abit cold to be going out at this time in the morning with my camera haha :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users