Photo

I Am Really Interested In This, Just Found On Ebay!.. Opinions?

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#31 RyanBebo

RyanBebo

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 05:15 PM

Vauxhall 2.0ltr DOHC 16v
I had this engine in my mk2 astra GTE many moons ago when i was in college,even better when it is fitted to a mini

After reading a few of these comments I think I will give it a miss!.. I'm still interested in a powerhouse mini but I am not sure which engine would be best to go for?..

Wise decison, if it wasn't for the v5 issues then it could be worth a look.

Ahh what's the maximum price you would pay for a second hand 2.0 vauxhall engine though?
And I'm gutted really seemed like a nice car to play with of a weekend ha ha!

#32 rids

rids

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 670 posts
  • Local Club: british mini club

Posted 03 January 2013 - 07:02 PM

ive seen this car in the flesh and its not to bad,didnt get underneath or anything but in passing it looked ok the thing i dont like about vauxhall conversions is the gear linkages always look unfinished,

#33 craig whelan

craig whelan

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts
  • Local Club: None

Posted 07 January 2013 - 06:01 PM

Apart from I very much doubt it's actually a 1969 vehicle.

It has the 1976/7-on switch panel and I bet a large single bolt front subframe so with that engine its unlikely to keep its reg plate and tax exempt status if IVA tested, DVLA won`t just change the motor size these days ( please correct me if i`m wrong but i`ve tried with motorbikes) and without the correct V5 its not legally insured and if you are mad enough to drive around pretending its a 1000 you may end up doing time in the big house for crashing into the back of someone like a friend of mine did :(

they made the first clubby estate late 69 :)

They didn't even make clubby estates in '69!!

This just bugs me, its a nice enough looking car, and its been ruined by some clever dick trying to save a few quid on road tax. Its still on a 998cc log book as well, that means you'll need to get dvla to change the engine size on the log book.

There is no way I'd spend decent money on something with history that dubious, if it were on it original plate then it would be worth a lot more in my eyes.

Wouldn't touch it with a bargepole.

#34 craig whelan

craig whelan

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts
  • Local Club: None

Posted 07 January 2013 - 06:02 PM

My comment went at the top of that quote well any way they made clubby estates at the end of 69

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users