4 replies to this topic

#1 mini1991

mini1991

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 12:43 PM

Boring topic I know but I'm hoping it will lead to a viable design project for well thought out piece of furniture for organising and filing at home. If you have time please complete my questionnaire:

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/JY9M5ZV

Or if you have any thoughts on your method of document organisation please leave your comments below as they would be much appreciated :)

The sooner this is out of the way the sooner I can get back to grinding and working on my 82 mini city project so please think of the bigger picture :D

Cheers

Sam

#2 jakejakejake1

jakejakejake1

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 644 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 01:32 PM

I currently just have a massive pile of paperwork - which isn't great, and would like something similar to options E or J with multiple places to put different paperwork etc. But something a bit more attractive than those options, ideally robust and stand alone like option G.

#3 TfcIan

TfcIan

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 534 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 10:32 PM

I use F for mine although I don't have much. My mum has a lot more paperwork and has an office filing cabinet, the inside of which are similar to J. It takes up a lot of room but it keeps everything organised and it's robust.

#4 M J W J

M J W J

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 976 posts
  • Local Club: not yet

Posted 04 January 2013 - 10:56 PM

Start an A4 log book. Miss out the first 6 pages so you can create a contents and title page.

Most projects I did at university required a log book to be produced and handed in at the end. It is really obvious if its made at the end.

I've started one for the project I am working on at work. It proved useful today when I had to look up something that I recorded weeks ago. I didn't think I would need it again but my log book has proven worth while. I even added a small sketch in it today when I had an idea about something.

#5 M J W J

M J W J

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 976 posts
  • Local Club: not yet

Posted 04 January 2013 - 10:58 PM

Just looked at your survey. If you have handouts and other printed documents then you can staple them to pages in you log book or use paper clips. My current one has one of those built in bands that keep it shut so it holds in all the loose bits of paper I have.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users