24 replies to this topic

#1 Tom_W

Tom_W

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 10:53 AM

Anyone have any experience installing and using this kit? Seems an attractive price. May be a luxurious upgrade for my mpi. I believe there's a feature on part or all of the kit in mini mag this month.

http://www.aseriessp.../prod_1292.html

#2 invisible_kid

invisible_kid

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 516 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 12:51 PM

thinking bout this as well and central locking when i get around to it. i have their outdoor cover and thats great quality so if it is as good ill be very happy

#3 A-Series Spares

A-Series Spares

Super Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 695 posts
  • Local Club: DCMOC, Notts about Minis

Posted 07 January 2013 - 01:17 AM

Hi guys,

Just to confirm, this months mini magazine has a 4 page feature on the electric windows.

Issue 201 (I believe) had a 4 page feature on the central locking. This can be seen in the magazine section on our website along with feature videos from the mag too.

We are glad you are all enjoying our developments. Plenty more to come!

Rob

#4 andylep

andylep

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts
  • Local Club: British Mini Club

Posted 07 January 2013 - 12:01 PM

Im in the process now.
i have the windows and locking in just got to hook up the wiring and put in the alarm ill try to get some pictures up tonight

#5 A-Series Spares

A-Series Spares

Super Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 695 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 12:15 PM

Im in the process now.
i have the windows and locking in just got to hook up the wiring and put in the alarm ill try to get some pictures up tonight

Try not to show and sensitive pictures that may show placement and wiring of the alarm unit in your posts.

The locking and windows are alright to show :)

Many thanks,
Rob

#6 andylep

andylep

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 06:14 PM

yh only for the c.ocking and the windows non of the alarm im showing yet to put that in

Oh and ive just messaged you rob one more question.

Edited by andylep, 07 January 2013 - 06:15 PM.

#7 A-Series Spares

A-Series Spares

Super Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 695 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 07:24 PM

yh only for the c.ocking and the windows non of the alarm im showing yet to put that in

Oh and ive just messaged you rob one more question.

Just answered

#8 Tom_W

Tom_W

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 08:51 PM

Rob-I have an mpi with standard alarm immobiliser. For ease of having one fob I was thinking about getting the e/w, c/l and alarm kit. Would this replace the entire mpi alarm immobiliser ok? Would there be an issue with the alarm ecu and engine ecu with your kit? If your kit it is fully interchangeable for the standard rover kit can it feed back the status of the alarm/immobiliser to the standard LED that is on the dashboard?

Andy-would be interested in seeing your pics. Any fitting tips?

#9 A-Series Spares

A-Series Spares

Super Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 695 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 09:02 PM

Tom,

PM on its way to you

#10 shough

shough

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 196 posts
  • Local Club: N/A

Posted 09 January 2013 - 08:26 PM

Rob-I have an mpi with standard alarm immobiliser. For ease of having one fob I was thinking about getting the e/w, c/l and alarm kit. Would this replace the entire mpi alarm immobiliser ok? Would there be an issue with the alarm ecu and engine ecu with your kit? If your kit it is fully interchangeable for the standard rover kit can it feed back the status of the alarm/immobiliser to the standard LED that is on the dashboard?

Any chance you guys could forward me the answer to this question? Interested to find this out too?

#11 The Otter

The Otter

The artist formally known as j322overthetop

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 08:59 PM

Anyone interested to hear what the alarm sounds like...

I bought the kit without the electric windows, so can't comment on those, but I managed to fit all the alarm and central locking stuff myself at home in the garage. For reference, my car is a 998 carb Mini, so has no factory security. It took me about five days solid work (handy with the spanners, not done much electrical work before this), and the only major problems I had were down to the design of the central locking motors and pull cable (and the instructions pertaining to said items were slightly lacking), but that part of the system has been redesigned for their face-lifted kit, so I should imagine the issues I had are now irrelevant. Using the door key in the drivers door locks and unlocks the passenger door at the same time as well, which was a nice surprise to find. Not that you should ever need to use the key again as you've got a remote fob now, but still, it's kind of cool. :P

Once the system was all together, the only part of the alarm system that didn't work was the interior light delay, but I can live without really. Again, that issue might be individual to me, or it might be something that's been addressed in the face-lifted kit. The knock sensor and ultra-sonic sensors work beautifully, along with the alarm going off if the doors are opened. In all honesty, the search functions are a tad pointless, as the fob only works from about 10 car lengths away, so you'd need to get pretty close before you could activate the alarm/hazards anyway.

Looking at their electric window kit, it looks beautifully simple in its design, and I would definitely think about upgrading to include the electric windows in my car some day, but it's too expensive for me right now.

I'd also love it if they could one day make and start selling a boot lock motor so the boot locks and unlocks with the doors, then you could do away with using the old door keys completely.

Any questions about the install/function of the Gold package, feel free to ask :-)

Edited by The Otter, 09 January 2013 - 09:02 PM.

#12 A-Series Spares

A-Series Spares

Super Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 695 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 12:30 AM

Anyone interested to hear what the alarm sounds like...

I bought the kit without the electric windows, so can't comment on those, but I managed to fit all the alarm and central locking stuff myself at home in the garage. For reference, my car is a 998 carb Mini, so has no factory security. It took me about five days solid work (handy with the spanners, not done much electrical work before this), and the only major problems I had were down to the design of the central locking motors and pull cable (and the instructions pertaining to said items were slightly lacking), but that part of the system has been redesigned for their face-lifted kit, so I should imagine the issues I had are now irrelevant. Using the door key in the drivers door locks and unlocks the passenger door at the same time as well, which was a nice surprise to find. Not that you should ever need to use the key again as you've got a remote fob now, but still, it's kind of cool. :P

Once the system was all together, the only part of the alarm system that didn't work was the interior light delay, but I can live without really. Again, that issue might be individual to me, or it might be something that's been addressed in the face-lifted kit. The knock sensor and ultra-sonic sensors work beautifully, along with the alarm going off if the doors are opened. In all honesty, the search functions are a tad pointless, as the fob only works from about 10 car lengths away, so you'd need to get pretty close before you could activate the alarm/hazards anyway.

Looking at their electric window kit, it looks beautifully simple in its design, and I would definitely think about upgrading to include the electric windows in my car some day, but it's too expensive for me right now.

I'd also love it if they could one day make and start selling a boot lock motor so the boot locks and unlocks with the doors, then you could do away with using the old door keys completely.

Any questions about the install/function of the Gold package, feel free to ask :-)

Thank you very much for posting!

We are always keen to improve our products where possible based on customer reports.

To to pick up a couple of points raised, the control cable system has indeed been updated to make the installation and fine tuning nice and simple. The motors come pre-mounted on custom plates and the cables and brackets are set up on the motors.

They look like this:
Posted Image

For anyone with the Mk1 cables design please look at the mini-mag 'how to' guide below as they have included 40 steps in the guide and taken some cracking photos

Mini Mag Feature: - http://www.aseriesspares.co.uk/magazines-/-reviews/info_51.html

Many thanks again for your video and feedback.

PS. The boot lock is currently in development on one of the shells we have in the workshop, it should be out for around early March as an upgrade :)

Rob

#13 andylep

andylep

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 01:15 AM

Attached File  408767_10151330949603211_13042697_n.jpg   71.13K   36 downloads
Attached File  582334_10151330949943211_792402004_n.jpg   45.07K   25 downloadsAttached File  580517_10151330949783211_1748920101_n.jpg   61.25K   26 downloads

only pics i have just shows the wiring needed for the windows and c.locking and window mechanism ill get better one of the c.locking motor.
good system so far alot of wires but when hooked up the system has a lot of features in the instructons some of the diagrams fo the mounting holes you need to make sure are to scale. some pictures are hand drawn and take some working out. but rob is v.helpful and fast replying to help with problems.

#14 A-Series Spares

A-Series Spares

Super Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 695 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 01:28 AM

Just a quick note:

The new central locking system now comes with installation plates which has done away with the templates.

Installation is looking great by the way Andy!

#15 andylep

andylep

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 12:01 PM

Just a quick note:

The new central locking system now comes with installation plates which has done away with the templates.

Installation is looking great by the way Andy!

great that was the one problem really that slowed us that great news.
and thanks

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users