24 replies to this topic

#16 Tom_W

Tom_W

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 04:47 PM

Anyone interested to hear what the alarm sounds like...

I bought the kit without the electric windows, so can't comment on those, but I managed to fit all the alarm and central locking stuff myself at home in the garage. For reference, my car is a 998 carb Mini, so has no factory security. It took me about five days solid work (handy with the spanners, not done much electrical work before this), and the only major problems I had were down to the design of the central locking motors and pull cable (and the instructions pertaining to said items were slightly lacking), but that part of the system has been redesigned for their face-lifted kit, so I should imagine the issues I had are now irrelevant. Using the door key in the drivers door locks and unlocks the passenger door at the same time as well, which was a nice surprise to find. Not that you should ever need to use the key again as you've got a remote fob now, but still, it's kind of cool. :P

Once the system was all together, the only part of the alarm system that didn't work was the interior light delay, but I can live without really. Again, that issue might be individual to me, or it might be something that's been addressed in the face-lifted kit. The knock sensor and ultra-sonic sensors work beautifully, along with the alarm going off if the doors are opened. In all honesty, the search functions are a tad pointless, as the fob only works from about 10 car lengths away, so you'd need to get pretty close before you could activate the alarm/hazards anyway.

Looking at their electric window kit, it looks beautifully simple in its design, and I would definitely think about upgrading to include the electric windows in my car some day, but it's too expensive for me right now.

I'd also love it if they could one day make and start selling a boot lock motor so the boot locks and unlocks with the doors, then you could do away with using the old door keys completely.

Any questions about the install/function of the Gold package, feel free to ask :-)

Thank you very much for posting!

We are always keen to improve our products where possible based on customer reports.

To to pick up a couple of points raised, the control cable system has indeed been updated to make the installation and fine tuning nice and simple. The motors come pre-mounted on custom plates and the cables and brackets are set up on the motors.

They look like this:
Posted Image

For anyone with the Mk1 cables design please look at the mini-mag 'how to' guide below as they have included 40 steps in the guide and taken some cracking photos

Mini Mag Feature: - http://www.aseriesspares.co.uk/magazines-/-reviews/info_51.html

Many thanks again for your video and feedback.

PS. The boot lock is currently in development on one of the shells we have in the workshop, it should be out for around early March as an upgrade :)

Rob

Rob will the boot lock be able to link in with the current c/l e/w kits if they're are purchased before release of the boot lock?

#17 A-Series Spares

A-Series Spares

Super Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 695 posts
  • Local Club: DCMOC, Notts about Minis

Posted 11 January 2013 - 07:25 PM

Anyone interested to hear what the alarm sounds like...

I bought the kit without the electric windows, so can't comment on those, but I managed to fit all the alarm and central locking stuff myself at home in the garage. For reference, my car is a 998 carb Mini, so has no factory security. It took me about five days solid work (handy with the spanners, not done much electrical work before this), and the only major problems I had were down to the design of the central locking motors and pull cable (and the instructions pertaining to said items were slightly lacking), but that part of the system has been redesigned for their face-lifted kit, so I should imagine the issues I had are now irrelevant. Using the door key in the drivers door locks and unlocks the passenger door at the same time as well, which was a nice surprise to find. Not that you should ever need to use the key again as you've got a remote fob now, but still, it's kind of cool. :P

Once the system was all together, the only part of the alarm system that didn't work was the interior light delay, but I can live without really. Again, that issue might be individual to me, or it might be something that's been addressed in the face-lifted kit. The knock sensor and ultra-sonic sensors work beautifully, along with the alarm going off if the doors are opened. In all honesty, the search functions are a tad pointless, as the fob only works from about 10 car lengths away, so you'd need to get pretty close before you could activate the alarm/hazards anyway.

Looking at their electric window kit, it looks beautifully simple in its design, and I would definitely think about upgrading to include the electric windows in my car some day, but it's too expensive for me right now.

I'd also love it if they could one day make and start selling a boot lock motor so the boot locks and unlocks with the doors, then you could do away with using the old door keys completely.

Any questions about the install/function of the Gold package, feel free to ask :-)

Thank you very much for posting!

We are always keen to improve our products where possible based on customer reports.

To to pick up a couple of points raised, the control cable system has indeed been updated to make the installation and fine tuning nice and simple. The motors come pre-mounted on custom plates and the cables and brackets are set up on the motors.

They look like this:
Posted Image

For anyone with the Mk1 cables design please look at the mini-mag 'how to' guide below as they have included 40 steps in the guide and taken some cracking photos

Mini Mag Feature: - http://www.aseriesspares.co.uk/magazines-/-reviews/info_51.html

Many thanks again for your video and feedback.

PS. The boot lock is currently in development on one of the shells we have in the workshop, it should be out for around early March as an upgrade :)

Rob

Rob will the boot lock be able to link in with the current c/l e/w kits if they're are purchased before release of the boot lock?

Oh yes!

Yes it can be added to the current systems at a later date.

#18 Tom_W

Tom_W

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 10:11 PM

Just went to buy the e/w and c/l kits and the e/w kit is out of stock. How long until its back in stock Rob?

#19 A-Series Spares

A-Series Spares

Super Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 695 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 10:27 PM

The electric window kits sold out this morning, we have sold a tremendous amount all over the globe since the latest Mini Magazine Feature.

Our production run (of the window motors) is not scheduled until the 4th February. It will then be a week or so after that when we have assembled the components and formed the kits. So it will be around 4 weeks before they are back in stock. The central locking kits are in stock and we have plenty of them. We had not had any exposure for our window kits when we last had the motors manufactured so it was a relatively small run, this run will be much larger.

We are offering our usual offer of 35% OFF for pre-orders and we will forward them out when they are built up, the central locking kit would be sent out straight away.

Sorry about the stock shortage, you can blame the incredible features in Mini Mag for that :)

#20 A-Series Spares

A-Series Spares

Super Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 695 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 10:38 PM

If you would like to pre-order the windows and order the locking please send an email to [email protected] with the items you would like to order and we will prepare the order for you.

If you create an account on our website in the meantime we can load the items onto your account tomorrow for you.

Rob

#21 Noah

Noah

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,136 posts
  • Local Club: Essex Mini Club

Posted 13 January 2013 - 11:02 PM

Once Mines finished I shall be buying the central locking/alarm kit :)

I can live without electric windows. :P

#22 minifreek1

minifreek1

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,260 posts
  • Local Club: S.U.N.M.O.C

Posted 25 September 2017 - 09:06 AM

I have this kit, I bought it off a member on here last week but it came without any instructions...

Iv PM'd A-Series spares on here the other day but haven't had a reply. Has anyone got a PDF for connecting and installing the kit. Iv managed to install the window kit and got it to work, that was quite straight forward, but the problem I'm having is the wiring for the alarm kit. Obviously I need to know which wire is which to connect to where and which is trigger for the CL module and relay for the total closure...

The window kit is easy to install, but getting the wiring sorted to go through the doors etc.. is gonna be a friggin' nightmare LOL

Any help on this appreciated...

#23 minifreek1

minifreek1

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,260 posts

Posted 26 September 2017 - 11:15 AM

Anybody......?

No comments from AsD themselves maybe....?

#24 timmy850

timmy850

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,997 posts
  • Local Club: MITG

Posted 27 September 2017 - 12:50 AM

It might be worth emailing them to see if they have the instructions. If you think about it, publishing the alarm wiring diagram online might make it easier for an undesirable person to deactivate it

[email protected]

The other guides are on the site

https://shop.aseries...-locking-guide/

https://shop.aseries...c-window-guide/

#25 minifreek1

minifreek1

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,260 posts

Posted 27 September 2017 - 07:01 AM

Thanks for that. 

Iv had A-Series Spares contact me now, so all should be good :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users