Hi to any one who's following this ??
Well the inner sill is now fully fitted and ground down its also had a coat of acid etch prime ( first of many ) and I've started to seal it in with tiger seal
I had to fabricate a repair panel as there was a section under the cross member that had corroded and my new floor was an inch or so too short to cover it.
It's no easy job bending metal with just mole grips pliers and a hammer but the finished result came out pretty good
Ive also welded in the new heel board section and gave it a grind down I'm not going to make it flush as it will be tiger sealed over and then stone chipped and anyway it will be hid behind the subframe
As you can see I've welded the flange that goes to the inner sill a bit OTT but at least it's not going to come off !!
Ive also fitted the inner closing panel which was a pig to try to get right I had to end up cutting part of it off to make it fit and it was a heritage panel too ! So I'll just have to fabricate the inner closing part when I've fitted the new outer section.
Well sods law I ran out of 0.6 wire so there was no way I was going to fit the outer section especially with it being so thin so I popped in some 0.8 and decided to weld in the new jacking point as you can see plenty of weld so it's not going to fall off in a hurry .
To be honest I probably wouldn't use the factory jack anyway but I'm trying to get it as original as possible.
All the work will have a couple of coats of primer and then some top coat followed by wax oil on the internal sections all the outside will be stone chipped then top coat where needed.
Well that's it for now I've sealed all the welds over with tiger seal and will post pics next time and my subframe came back from the powder coaters the other day and I have to say it looks great I will post pics on my next post.
Edited by Marco1972, 21 October 2014 - 09:13 PM.