#17 hennasxi

hennasxi

Mini Mad

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 117 posts
  • Local Club: LSMOC

Posted 31 January 2013 - 08:39 PM

I'm organising a joint Cooper Sport 500 Register and 2000 mini register display for any '2000' or later classics. A couple of places still available if anyone wants to put their car on the line up.

#18 surfblue63

surfblue63

TMF fantasy F1 winner 2012

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,539 posts
  • Local Club: MCR Newcastle & Durham

Posted 31 January 2013 - 08:48 PM

I'll be there clicking and filming.

#19 Mini-Mad-Craig

Mini-Mad-Craig

Crazy About Metro's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,298 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 09:21 PM

Unless you mean book a space to sell?

That's what I meant.

Alright give us me head back! jeeeez

#20 Mini_Magic

Mini_Magic

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • 5,747 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 01:48 PM

Unless you mean book a space to sell?

That's what I meant.

Alright give us me head back! jeeeez

Ey? :lol:

#21 AVV IT

AVV IT

I am a shed dragger.

• TMF+ Member
  • 6,122 posts
  • Name: Dave
  • Local Club: Nobody will have me!!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 12:18 PM

there is an autojumble, but it isn't huge. It's always quite disappointing, but for the price of the ticket it's rude to complain. It isn't a trade show :-) You just turn up on the day and buy a ticket.

I'm thinking of coming along to Brooklands, but have never been before. What's there to do? (other than the museum and hill test on
obviously). Do you mean that there aren't any trade stands? Will TMF be having a stand? :unsure:

#22 surfblue63

surfblue63

TMF fantasy F1 winner 2012

• Members
  • 2,539 posts
  • Local Club: MCR Newcastle & Durham

Posted 22 February 2013 - 12:47 PM

I'm thinking of coming along to Brooklands, but have never been before. What's there to do? (other than the museum and hill test on
obviously). Do you mean that there aren't any trade stands? Will TMF be having a stand? :unsure:

There are some trade stands, but that not many compared to other shows. There is always a good selection of Minis to see and it is spread out so it takes about 2 to 3 hours to get round them all. The hill test is run twice with each session lasting about 30 minutes, although the same cars keep coming round for another (and another) go. The Museum is pretty good to and there's an in door cafe if you don't want to bother with a picnic.

#23 minispaniard

minispaniard

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 899 posts
  • Local Club: Essex Mini Club, CMC.

Posted 22 February 2013 - 01:35 PM

It is my favourite show, as you've got more things to do than just looking at cars. The museum itself is really good as you get to see, and get into, aircrafts, motorbikes and of course the motorsport. Trade area is not massive but not that small either..

Last year I found the new transport (as in bus/coach) exhibition a really interesting one.

As it has been said the Minis are all over the grounds so it takes time if you want to see them all.

Weather is usually alright, fingers crossed it is again this year.

I'd say the entry (10 per person) is well worth it, plus being the first outdoor show of the year there's a good selection of freshly built cars!!

Has any club received the final instructions yet and stand passes yet? We only had confirmation of stand via email...

#24 toyboy396

toyboy396

Grandad in training.....

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,000 posts
  • Local Club: C&T Classics

Posted 22 February 2013 - 06:29 PM

There are some trade stands, but that not many compared to other shows. There is always a good selection of Minis to see and it is spread out so it takes about 2 to 3 hours to get round them all. The hill test is run twice with each session lasting about 30 minutes, although the same cars keep coming round for another (and another) go. The Museum is pretty good to and there's an in door cafe if you don't want to bother with a picnic.

And theres also Mercedes Benz World next door which is free entry.. :highfive:

#25 miniyellowmini

miniyellowmini

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 595 posts
  • Local Club: British Mini Club

Posted 22 February 2013 - 06:39 PM

Would like to go but I'm at the other end of the country that weekend

#26 Scallywag630

Scallywag630

Up Into Fourth

• Banned
  • 2,850 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 11:54 PM

What happened to the "Events Mod" Charlotte? Can't remember her forum name, but she used to organie Brooklands a year or o back.

#27 minirage

minirage

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 10:23 AM

+1

#28 hennasxi

hennasxi

Mini Mad

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 117 posts
  • Local Club: LSMOC

Posted 24 February 2013 - 03:40 PM

It is my favourite show, as you've got more things to do than just looking at cars. The museum itself is really good as you get to see, and get into, aircrafts, motorbikes and of course the motorsport. Trade area is not massive but not that small either..

Last year I found the new transport (as in bus/coach) exhibition a really interesting one.

As it has been said the Minis are all over the grounds so it takes time if you want to see them all.

Weather is usually alright, fingers crossed it is again this year.

I'd say the entry (10 per person) is well worth it, plus being the first outdoor show of the year there's a good selection of freshly built cars!!

Has any club received the final instructions yet and stand passes yet? We only had confirmation of stand via email...

We've not had anything back yet other than verbal confirmation..............end of Feb is apparantly when stuff gets sent out to clubs.

#29 minispaniard

minispaniard

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 899 posts
  • Local Club: Essex Mini Club, CMC.

Posted 24 February 2013 - 06:00 PM

Thanks, I can't remember when whe got them last year...

L2B club tickets and club stand passes arrived yesterday in the post. Largest number of cars from the club in the last years!! Looking forward to the 2013 Brooklands and Brighton convoys from Essex!!

#30 mini_gurl84

mini_gurl84

Queen Of Innuendo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 473 posts
  • Local Club: TMF

Posted 24 February 2013 - 06:30 PM

What happened to the "Events Mod" Charlotte? Can't remember her forum name, but she used to organie Brooklands a year or o back.

I woke up one morning and found I was a 'normal member', oh well... sorry guys, i tried!

Not been at many shows recently after the expense of restoring our Cooper with the.stroker, also being a bit more 'picky' this year since most shows have upped their prices and lowered their choice of offerings of late

On the plus side, my Thirty's up for resto next :shifty:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users