8 replies to this topic

#1 Birdman

Birdman

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 01:22 PM

There is an event every Feb. at Thunderhill Raceway in northern Calif called Mini Thunder. All Mini Coopers. We went last year with our other two Mini's and this year will be taking the Minibusa. Last year there were over 100 mini's. Here's a couple of shots from last year. This year It's Sunday Feb 17th. Then Monday I also have signed up for a track day at Luguna Seca. One of the most famous tracks in America. I can't wait.

Attached Files

#2 cptkirk

cptkirk

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,799 posts
  • Local Club: B.M.C. + Chiminiclub

Posted 30 January 2013 - 07:51 AM

Then Monday I also have signed up for a track day at Luguna Seca. One of the most famous tracks in America. I can't wait.

I'll bet you cant wait, that's gonna be awesome.

#3 Birdman

Birdman

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 06:50 PM

Then Monday I also have signed up for a track day at Luguna Seca. One of the most famous tracks in America. I can't wait.

You bet I am, me getting to run Luguna Seca is like you getting to run Siverstone or Goodwood.

#4 cptkirk

cptkirk

• Members
  • 1,799 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 09:09 AM

You bet I am, me getting to run Luguna Seca is like you getting to run Silverstone or Goodwood.

Having driven Goodwood in real life (its only 8 miles from me and I am a member of the Goodwood Road Racing Club) and driven Laguna Seca hundreds of times on Gran Tourismo I would hands down prefer to drive Laguna Seca, unfortunately a lot of the tracks in the UK were made around air fields or have taken over an old air strip so as you can imagine most of them don't have much in the way of gradient changes, some do and offer that something extra. I cant image just how steep the corkscrew is in real life, going to have to stick a few more pennies on the lottery this weekend......

#5 Birdman

Birdman

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 03:50 PM

The Corkscrew at Lugina is famous. But for real pucker factor try the "Crows nest" at Thunderhill Raceway.

#6 Birdman

Birdman

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 02:01 AM

I re torqued the wheels, checked every nut and bolt, changed the oil, I'm ready. We leave Friday morning.

#7 Birdman

Birdman

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 03:25 PM

We/re back home. Had a great Trip. I have been to Thunderhill a few times before so that was nothing new. But Luguna Seca was awesome. That track with it's famous "Corkscrew" is simple the best.

#8 Birdman

Birdman

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 04:16 AM

Here's a couple of Videos of my last run at Thunderhill. I tried using my Avon Slicks instead of the goodyears thinking they might help, but boy what a dud they were. As you will see I was just barely able to pull one "G". Also this was shot after I started developing engine problems, I think I fowled some plugs because the engine started cutting out. Cars. back in the shop but I haven't had a chance to look at it yet.

#9 cptkirk

cptkirk

• Members
  • 1,799 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 07:53 AM

We/re back home. Had a great Trip. I have been to Thunderhill a few times before so that was nothing new. But Luguna Seca was awesome. That track with it's famous "Corkscrew" is simple the best.

Very jealous but glad you enjoyed it.....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users