33 replies to this topic

#1 icklemini

icklemini

Up Into Fourth

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,982 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 06:40 PM

Owners of classic shaped racing Minis are being invited to join the grid of one of Europe’s most successful single make race series, the Dunlop Mini Miglia Challenge.

The Mini 7 Racing Club is running an Invitation Class on the Mini Miglia or Mini Se7en grid at each race for all Classic Minis powered by an ‘A’ Series engine. Tyres are free but you must carry Dunlop stickers and cover up any other tyre manufacturer logos.

Accepted entries will be required to join the M7RC as a supporters club member for 12 months (£20 UK / £25 International) and pay a fee of £20 per race (£40 for each event in 2013).

The Invitation Class cars and drivers will not be eligible to score championship points but a trophy will be awarded to the class winner if two or more entries are received.

http://www.mini7.co.uk/invitation.html

Edited by icklemini, 04 February 2013 - 04:45 PM.

#2 mini-man-dan

mini-man-dan

Up Into Fourth

• Traders
  • 2,684 posts
  • Local Club: J19 Mini Owners Club

Posted 03 February 2013 - 10:05 PM

I think Summs116 was looking at this...

#3 BigMacRacing

BigMacRacing

Passed Test

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 07:34 PM

People that are interested...who are you, what have you got?...I'm interested to hear more :-)
Any questions guys, just give us a shout

#4 summs116

summs116

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 372 posts
  • Local Club: Mini 7 racing

Posted 04 February 2013 - 09:04 PM

im intrested in the invertation class as mines a 1380 engine,its a full race engine with fully worked crank with swiftune rods 310cam forged omgeas swiftune dog box tran x lsd with swiftune 3.9 cwp and there roller drops,fully worked head with titan full rollers rockers omex 200 electric water pump as a brief spec, comp cones avo 2way adj shocks rear arb kad 7.9 4pots vented,
in contacted i think mike jackson or someone but waiting to here back again,i guess that i have to run the dunlop slicks and wets,would they allow my saftey device multi point cage and my cobra evo seat its in date still aswell,
do you no what size wheels they use for the wets 6 or 7 j wide and no any teams/drivers that would sell a set of wets/slick thats used as i only do the odd meeting this year.
do you think it would be ok to run with them

cheers sam

#5 BigMacRacing

BigMacRacing

Passed Test

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 09:21 PM

Well for a start, Mike Jackson is the chap that will decide who can enter based on car spec...i'll also ping this onto the M7 forum to see if any response in meantime...

*I think* invitation will allow non-Dunlop tyres but competitor decals to M7 sponsors will need to be covered. Although I'm sure some of the guys will have used tyres should you wish to go down that route. I believe cage will be fine - I seem to remember a 7 with a bolt in cage - most have welded cages for added stiffness. Seats just need to be as per MSA regs so don't need to be latest FIA spec. These are my thoughts...so hopefully I am correct with this info ;D

Be good to see you out there Sam :-)

#6 summs116

summs116

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 372 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 10:38 PM

I Run yoko 048 on 12" wheels, as I can remember most do use slicks/wets,so I contact mike again and see what happens

#7 BigMacRacing

BigMacRacing

Passed Test

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 10:50 PM

Ok mate - I've also posted on the M7RC forum for you too...hope you get a response soon :-)

#8 summs116

summs116

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 372 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 10:54 PM

Cheers bud

#9 MIGLIACARS

MIGLIACARS

Up Into Fourth

• Traders
  • 2,057 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 08:20 PM

Oh fu k id love to do this. I suggested it to them in 2005 when i race the black mini in my profile photo.

why do I race a metro?. Do you think they will mind Its got a mini engine and suspension.

#10 BigMacRacing

BigMacRacing

Passed Test

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 09:44 PM

Good excuse to change back to a mini ;-) or a disguise...no-one will ever notice :-)

#11 MIGLIACARS

MIGLIACARS

Up Into Fourth

• Traders
  • 2,057 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 09:50 PM

if the metro wasnt such a sorted car i would but i couldnt strip it down, it would be murder or worse. and to build a mini to this spec would cost £££££££££££££££££££££££
surly a mini is that different to a metro

#12 summs116

summs116

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 372 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 11:09 PM

Just got a reply off of mike from mini 7 club and I can join and use my car, just have to put there door squares on and sponsor sticker then join there club then happy days, I can even use my 12" wheels with yokos but the do prefer you to use Dunlop tyres but I'm trying to find 2nd hand wets and little used slicks

#13 BigMacRacing

BigMacRacing

Passed Test

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 11:25 PM

Great stuff - yes Mike just confirmed to me also.
So which round(s) do you fancy doing?
Post onto the Mini7 Facebook page if you are after some used tyres, as someone probably has something - if nothing comes of that, I could post onto the members forum if you give me a prod...
Be good to see you on the grid with us :-)

#14 summs116

summs116

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 372 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 12:00 AM

Try and do donnington,rockingham and brands mini festival,as well as the all comers that day,I'm sprinting a few times as well plus the cscc rounds at Combe,pembrey,brands,oulton,
The problem is that a lot clashes with each other so I'm just choosing the closest place unless I haven't been there and fancy a go.

I joining the 7 club 2moro and ask on the forum about needing the slicks/wets and need some 7 x10s as well

#15 BigMacRacing

BigMacRacing

Passed Test

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 08:50 AM

Sounds good mate - see you at Donny :-) In meantime if any questions drop me a message :-)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users