Photo

Can't We Have Our Own Section? Van/pickup Related.

• Please log in to reply
129 replies to this topic

#91 SAL 821X

SAL 821X

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,890 posts
  • Local Club: Leicester Mini Owners Club

Posted 12 February 2013 - 12:21 PM

Bump for if we get one I'll become a TMF+ member.

#92 Magnetagz

Magnetagz

Formally know as MagnetizedMINI

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 12:50 PM

This sounds good to me. Definately up for a Long wheel based section :)

#93 kappa

kappa

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,301 posts
  • Local Club: Middlesex Mini Club

Posted 12 February 2013 - 05:35 PM

I would like to see a section for this as I have a clubby estate and this will be a good section to get info

#94 Gadgets

Gadgets

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 471 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 08:08 PM

Yes please to LWB section. We are by far way way out numbered by the mini saloons (which we all admire and like to see on our roads) so its not fair to rely on a majority vote. (in my opinion)
From my personal side I would just like to add that Mini vans & pickups were the backbone of small business in this country in there day and deserve far better recognition. They are without doubt crowd pleasers in there own right. There are still barn finds out there that could and indeed are subject to total restoration and saving them from the crusher if you are indeed brave enough! (because generally they were worked to death after the original owners retitred them from honerable service to farmers etc)

Likewise the Countryman estates were enjoyed by families all over this island and must bring back so many fond memories of holidays and special trips out. Again rather rare and always turns heads, these are also still to be found as basket cases and a dedicated LWB section would inspire others to also follow us into restoring these beauties despite the spiraling costs that in most cases takes your breath away!

Just to end by saying thank you TMF for considering this new LWB section. I for one know it will be well supported, will bring fellow LWB owners togther to share in inspirational rebuilds, attract more new members to TMF & TMF+ providing them with technical knowledge and abilities and perhaps perhaps perhaps some jaw dropping convoys which might even help to raise some nice money for local charities, publicity etc etc

So please Dear TMF Sirs and Madams can you impliment our requests now?
Regards
Garry
Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Gadgets, 12 February 2013 - 08:08 PM.

#95 pickupmad87

pickupmad87

Previously adampadmore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 08:29 PM

here here!

#96 kappa

kappa

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,301 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 08:59 PM

here here!

+1 one that, I am 100% happy with the idea of a LWB, as I have mk1, which the mini forum is already amazing for and can make it even better, as I have a Clubby Estate as well. Just my 2p worth

#97 mk3 Cooper S

mk3 Cooper S

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,569 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 09:32 PM

Why cant I add photos to this section

#98 FlyingScot

FlyingScot

Up Into Fourth

• TMF Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,660 posts
  • Local Club: Mini Cooper Register

Posted 12 February 2013 - 10:40 PM

+1 for a separate LWB section.
I have an Spi and enjoy the saloon threads and injection section, but not really that interested in total rebuilds of saloons ( been there done that). I have a PUP and the rebuilds for LWB models tend to be more involved due to the beating they got as commercial vehicles.
So I would be very pleased if there was a LWB section...pretty please!

#99 adamjohnson1990

adamjohnson1990

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 10:50 PM

Yes please

#100 1964Woody

1964Woody

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 11:13 PM

Also +1 for a separate LWB section. I have a Cooper Saloon and a Mk1 Countryman Estate. They do have separate bodywork issues and considerations.

#101 marksmini

marksmini

Mark - Founder of TMF since 2003 - Onwards

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,428 posts
  • Name: Mark
  • Local Club: TMF

Posted 13 February 2013 - 10:53 AM

ive got a van but i say, no no. its hard enough keeping up with whats been posted as it is without adding further sections. next thing you know the moke guys will be asking for al there own sections too.
the motorsport section has just been added. it had a big hit to start of with but has now started to die off. in this thread there are a hand full what want it but i just dont feel it will work long term, even tho i must say the idea sounds ok (only because i have a van) it still wouldnt work.

#102 SAL 821X

SAL 821X

• Members
  • 1,890 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 11:16 AM

In my opinion you would see a far greater amount of traffic on a LWB section than you would motorsport though do you not think.

Not everyone is interested in taking there mini on track or being involved in motorsport. However, the reason I join TMF in the first place was to see picture and other peoples builds.

I wasn't aware we even had a motorsport section... solely for that fact that I wouldn't even look for one, where as projects is the reason I'm here.

#103 SAL 821X

SAL 821X

• Members
  • 1,890 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 11:18 AM

Stuff

God Garry, your misses must hate having arguments we you I bet you can always turn it around.

:D

#104 kappa

kappa

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,301 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 11:24 AM

In my opinion you would see a far greater amount of traffic on a LWB section than you would motorsport though do you not think.

Not everyone is interested in taking there mini on track or being involved in motorsport. However, the reason I join TMF in the first place was to see picture and other peoples builds.

I wasn't aware we even had a motorsport section... solely for that fact that I wouldn't even look for one, where as projects is the reason I'm here.

+1

#105 SAL 821X

SAL 821X

• Members
  • 1,890 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 11:33 AM

Just to perhaps back up that a LWB section would get used.

I've been here for around year and 9 months now and have had my thread running and updated ever since. I've been slowly restoring the van for the last 10 years off and on, and the build is this on going and being updates every time I do something new.

Started Life.
Posted Image
Posted Image

10 years later currently look like.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users