153 replies to this topic

#61 rally515

rally515

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,848 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 09:42 PM

Yeah think i know what you mean(The area near the lense isnt flush) is that what you mean ? if so its the angle of the photo which must make it look like that as i,ve just checked it & it seems tucked it well.

The polish wont last forever on its own & will soon tarnish so i'll give it a few layers of clear lacquer to protect it from such things.

Still dont know weather those top bits should stay though :mmkay:

Edited by rally515, 11 February 2013 - 09:43 PM.

#62 ToM 2012

ToM 2012

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 4,066 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 09:49 PM

yeh ino what you meen i think file it down so it goes the same shape as the light so you dont see it accross the top can you photo shop it? also if you look bottom left there is metal there when you look right there isnt probz the camera angle.

#63 rally515

rally515

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 3,848 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 09:57 PM

Yeah must be the angle as i have it beside me now & theres no diffrence in one side to the other.(Think it's just the fact im no good at photograph :P ).
Also it might look like a lot of metal hanging out due to the gauge of the ally im useing.

Think i saw some rubber in the garage tonight so that'll do as a plate to body gasket so we dont ruin your paint job.

#64 ToM 2012

ToM 2012

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 4,066 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 10:01 PM

mate aslong as i can use the light and it covers the holes im happy do you no where i could get some chrome bullet shape caps that would cover the screws to make it look better then screw heads showing?

#65 rally515

rally515

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 3,848 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 10:07 PM

mate aslong as i can use the light and it covers the holes im happy do you no where i could get some chrome bullet shape caps that would cover the screws to make it look better then screw heads showing?

The screws & caps i can get for you but honestly theres no point,just stick it on as is,theres not enough metal hanging out for it to be flimsy enough to need screws plus the screws + covers over them would look massive & ugly in my opinion but it you choice i guess.

Sorry if that was a bit of a rant,i just dont want to mess the looks of your mini up,as someone once said "less is more" ;D

#66 ToM 2012

ToM 2012

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 4,066 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 10:09 PM

even better idea ile stick them on once fitted? with super glue? or bluetack ;D

#67 ToM 2012

ToM 2012

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 4,066 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 10:10 PM

are you going to leave it as it is now or are you going to file it down at the top?

#68 rally515

rally515

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 3,848 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 10:17 PM

even better idea ile stick them on once fitted? with super glue? or bluetack ;D

Nahh bluetack is the wrong colour :lol: ;D .

The number plate light bolts will do fine from what i can see with this light im useing.
But be sure to use washers (the bigger the better) on the inside of the boot lid to spred the load out so you light doesnt risk bending you boot skin.

are you going to leave it as it is now or are you going to file it down at the top?

Yeah basically fileing, sanding,more sanding then i'll get busy with the polish (much elbow grease needed so unsure of the E.T.A on delivery.)

#69 ToM 2012

ToM 2012

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 4,066 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 10:21 PM

nice one mate cant wait to fit it to be honest! yeh no worries on the timing of sending it i aint going to be driving it for a few months lol cheers tom

#70 ToM 2012

ToM 2012

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 4,066 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 10:22 PM

will have to let me no the damage so i can get the wonga in the kitty

#71 rally515

rally515

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 3,848 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 10:32 PM

Ha ha yeah i hope you like it,think it'll look great when polished up.
As your light is chrome & it'll be polished it should blend well :thumbsup: .
Dont forget to stick some pics up in your thread (for my viewing on it ,as no one else seems to care :lol: ).

#72 ToM 2012

ToM 2012

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 4,066 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 10:35 PM

yeh put some pictures on my build thread if you want from start to finish and ile put some on when its fitted to the car.

#73 rally515

rally515

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 3,848 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 10:40 PM

yeh put some pictures on my build thread if you want from start to finish and ile put some on when its fitted to the car.

Sounds good will do that in a couple of days so its all in one place for you to add yours of it on so people dont have to scroll back & fourth to compare :lol: .

Also refering to your post in the stance thread heres a link to some white striped mini lights :
http://i10.photobuck...71020092555.jpg

Would finish off the retro tweeks lovley

Edited by rally515, 11 February 2013 - 10:41 PM.

#74 megamini_jb

megamini_jb

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,491 posts
  • Name: Jamie

Posted 11 February 2013 - 10:41 PM

This was meant to be a thread to see what people thought about the light plate thing....
5 pages later of you 2 having a convo, me popping in for a bit talking about a cows head in a tent and a rook rack lol.... Only on TMF :P

#75 rally515

rally515

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 3,848 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 10:42 PM

This was meant to be a thread to see what people thought about the light plate thing....
5 pages later of you 2 having a convo, me popping in for a bit talking about a cows head in a tent and a rook rack lol.... Only on TMF :P

:lol: :lol: no one wants to join in so why not :lol:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users