#1 bousfield19

bousfield19

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 361 posts
  • Local Club: minis unlimited

Posted 14 April 2006 - 11:08 PM

any one know of anywhere to get powder coating done in the westcountry preferably in the taunton bridgwater area.

also any idea of costs i want both subframes and rollcage done white, radius arms, tie rods and all other suspension bits done light blue

thanks jamie

#2 Dan

Dan

On Sabbatical

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,354 posts

Posted 14 April 2006 - 11:23 PM

Don't get any external bits done in powdercoat, it's nasty. It flakes in huge chunks, it can't be repaired or touched up, it's not remotely stone chip resistant. Once you get a little chip, a huge lump peels off. Loads of my gear at work is done in powder coat and most of it has to get stripped and re-coated once a year when it gets inspected as you can't inspect through powdercoat and it hides defects. I don't like it as you may be able to tell. Get it all two-packed, cheaper, better range of colours, longer lasting and tougher.

Technically I've been told it could be an MOT fail as well as you can't tell how bad corrosion is under powdercoat.

#3 Pooky

Pooky

Crazy About Mini's

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,691 posts

Posted 15 April 2006 - 12:01 AM

What if you laquered the powder coat? How much would the above cost to two pack rather than powder coat?

#4 bousfield19

bousfield19

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 361 posts
  • Local Club: minis unlimited

Posted 15 April 2006 - 12:09 AM

thanx for the quick reply what do u reckon it will cost then for it all done and where will it be best to get it done then?

will any spray shop be able to do this ?

#5 bristolminimad

bristolminimad

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 850 posts
  • Local Club: Swindon Mini AsoCiates

Posted 15 April 2006 - 04:39 PM

there is a place in bristol that does this, just got my bike frame done, that cost £40 so your looking around £100 for all your bits, go to a spray shop and ask them hw much they want, i think it'll be cheaper to get them painted ( and better wearing and shinier) than getting them coated. i'll dig out the number for the powder coaters but i would go for paint any day on those bits!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users