Photo

Ditch The Blow Through Supercharger And Go Turbo?

• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

#31 HUBBA.HUBBA

HUBBA.HUBBA

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,823 posts
  • Local Club: Loan wolf

Posted 02 May 2015 - 04:38 PM

Here are some pics of the supercharger installation. Any ideas about how i could mount a suitable alternator?

Out of interest, does anyone know what that thing is between the charger and the intercooler? It looks like its teeing off and connected to something in one picture. I can see the blow off valve on the far side of the intercooler, do its not thst.

#32 RooBoonix

RooBoonix

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,224 posts

Posted 02 May 2015 - 05:30 PM

Here are some pics of the supercharger installation. Any ideas about how i could mount a suitable alternator?

Out of interest, does anyone know what that thing is between the charger and the intercooler? It looks like its teeing off and connected to something in one picture. I can see the blow off valve on the far side of the intercooler, do its not thst.

This threads over 2 years old! Just saying, as you may not get the direct response you want.

#33 HUBBA.HUBBA

HUBBA.HUBBA

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • 2,823 posts

Posted 02 May 2015 - 05:40 PM

This threads over 2 years old! Just saying, as you may not get the direct response you want.
Thanks but I know how old it is. :-) Its known as a topic revival and the people that have already posted on it will get a notification, its their response I am looking for. :-) Especially someone like turbo phil!

Edited by HUBBA.HUBBA, 02 May 2015 - 09:04 PM.

#34 RooBoonix

RooBoonix

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,224 posts

Posted 02 May 2015 - 05:59 PM

Thanks but I know how old it is. Its know as a topic revival and the people that have already posted on it will get a notification, its their response I am looking for. Especially someone like turbo phil!

Was only saying! Sorry for posting.

#35 HUBBA.HUBBA

HUBBA.HUBBA

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • 2,823 posts

Posted 02 May 2015 - 06:01 PM

Don't get upset. Here's a smiley face :-)

Edited by HUBBA.HUBBA, 02 May 2015 - 06:03 PM.

#36 HUBBA.HUBBA

HUBBA.HUBBA

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • 2,823 posts

Posted 02 May 2015 - 06:02 PM

Don't get upset. Here's a smiley face :-)

Edited by HUBBA.HUBBA, 02 May 2015 - 06:03 PM.

#37 Spaceibiza

Spaceibiza

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 04 May 2015 - 05:22 PM

I think the part you are referring to is the bypass valve. It's a BINI part. I tried a few different configurations with it. When I bought the car it just went to atmosphere, then I connected a pipe to it so it nothing would drop in and cause it to stick. In its final incarnation I recirculated it back into the intake which made the car drive s lot smoother!

#38 HUBBA.HUBBA

HUBBA.HUBBA

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • 2,823 posts

Posted 04 May 2015 - 07:15 PM

I think the part you are referring to is the bypass valve. It's a BINI part. I tried a few different configurations with it. When I bought the car it just went to atmosphere, then I connected a pipe to it so it nothing would drop in and cause it to stick. In its final incarnation I recirculated it back into the intake which made the car drive s lot smoother!
Thanks for responding, Thought it wasa bypass (only because I dug out the issue of mini mag with the slark set up feature!). Where abouts did you recirulate it to on the intake. Any pics?

Edited by HUBBA.HUBBA, 04 May 2015 - 07:27 PM.

#39 HUBBA.HUBBA

HUBBA.HUBBA

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • 2,823 posts

Posted 04 May 2015 - 07:28 PM

Also is that a custom made tee its sitting on?

#40 Spaceibiza

Spaceibiza

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 05 May 2015 - 02:55 AM

Here is a pic of how I recirculated it. I had to get a flange ally welded onto the end of the supercharger to mount the silicone hose to. Then just used a universal T piece and other hoses that I bought off eBay and a pipercross carbon filter that I had knocking around in the garage.

Attached Files

#41 HUBBA.HUBBA

HUBBA.HUBBA

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • 2,823 posts

Posted 05 May 2015 - 07:52 AM

Looks good. What does that (what looks like a )small blue vacuum sized hose go to?

#42 Spaceibiza

Spaceibiza

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 05 May 2015 - 03:19 PM

Looks good. What does that (what looks like a )small blue vacuum sized hose go to?

It goes to the inlet manifold if I remember correctly, and tee's off to the dump valve which you can see in the picture!

#43 Spaceibiza

Spaceibiza

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 05 May 2015 - 03:25 PM

Here you go. Yeah it does go to the inlet manifold vacuum take off. You can see how it goes in this picture including linking into the dump valve!

Attached Files

#44 HUBBA.HUBBA

HUBBA.HUBBA

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • 2,823 posts

Posted 05 May 2015 - 07:03 PM

Sorry to bombard you with questions. Last one ( may be). Looking at the valves in various websites, they seem to have a pipe connecting the throttle body type of thing to the top of the black, vaccum drum type of thing. I can see on yours the pipe is coming out of the black drum, what goes on the connection to the throttle body?

#45 Spaceibiza

Spaceibiza

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 06 May 2015 - 01:18 AM

That's fine, no problem! I'll always try and help you out with info regarding this! That connector is just left with nothing connected to it. you can just about see it on the first pic I posted yesterday. The blue pipe from the inlet manifold via the dump valve goes straight to the black drum part on the bypass valve. Cheers, Noel

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users