Photo
- - - - -

How Do I Adjust Remote Gear Linkage Please!

engine suspension brakes electrical

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Twitch211092

Twitch211092

Just On Tickover

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 02:52 PM

Hi everyone , I have a 1973 leyland mini k clubman full restoration and I'm nearly done,
I really hope someone can help, I have a remote gear linkage but I only can select 1st and 3rd
Then if I adjust the splines one notch the other way I only get 2nd 4th and reverse

Please help! I've no where else to turn !
The attached picture shows white lines I've marked on the joint knuckle things to keep track of adjustments.

Attached Files

#2 KernowCooper

KernowCooper

Sparkie

• Mini Docs
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,847 posts
  • Name: Dave
  • Local Club: Kernow Mini Club

Posted 19 March 2013 - 01:10 AM

Right can you select all the gears without the remote on? I seem to remember I had the older alloy remote in one of mine and it was wear in the remote linkage not the linkage on the diff casing, try with it off and report back your findings

#3 Twitch211092

Twitch211092

Just On Tickover

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 03:08 AM

Hi, thankyou your reply, yes I can select all gears without remote on. Gear box is fine ! I've found in my attempts that I either get nothing but neutral from the stick. 2nd and 4th and revere or 1st 3rd

#4 Dan

Dan

On Sabbatical

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,354 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 10:48 AM

If it's not capable of throwing far enough without adding what is effectively some preload to the system than it suggests that it's worn rather than out of adjustment. Test each balljoint in turn by trying to select the gears from the shaft it couples to instead of the one driving it, so take the gearstick out and try selecting gears directly with the remote rod and if you still can't then move forward to the next joint and so on. I'd imagine it's the joint at the bottom of the stick that is worn myself.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: engine, suspension, brakes, electrical

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users