#1 CAU998

CAU998

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,202 posts
  • Local Club: TMF South Central...

Posted 17 April 2006 - 04:59 PM

Hi dont know if any of you know is there any type of paint on stone chip guard that will come up nice and thick as ive been using spray cans and there not that great as they dont give the thick/rippled finish im looking for.
Thanks

#2 1984mini25

1984mini25

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,781 posts

Posted 17 April 2006 - 06:07 PM

The way I've done it was to paint on 2 or 3 good layers of hammerite (hammerd finish) and then spray the stone chip on to give it a nicer finish.

#3 pikey7

pikey7

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,824 posts

Posted 18 April 2006 - 02:25 AM

Wurth products are always good for this. Even out of a can! I'll have to have a look in the garage what I used to make a repair on the Porsche, but it's great stuff and overpaintable.

#4 cooper_shaz

cooper_shaz

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,000 posts

Posted 18 April 2006 - 07:30 AM

schultz underseal is what your after for that thick rippled effect. It does not come in a spray can though,
you need a compressor or there is a pump version too.

That will do what you want. Dont apply it too thick though as it may look as if you are covering up dodgy workmanship.

#5 CAU998

CAU998

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,202 posts
  • Local Club: TMF South Central...

Posted 18 April 2006 - 08:43 AM

Thanks everyone, Pikey7 whats the Wurth stuff cause it sounds very much like what i need especially as its easy to use. I need it over paintable so it can be painted over in white, as i wnt it like it was when it left the factory with body colour matching floor pan.
Thanks again :teehee:

#6 pikey7

pikey7

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 3,824 posts

Posted 18 April 2006 - 11:19 AM

Thw Wurth stuff is called "Wurth stonechip black"! Pretty obvious really! :teehee: I'm not sure where I got it from, IIRC I phoned Wurth UK and ordered it through them, but don't quote me on that!

I think they also do a grey version which may be better of you're overpainting in white.

#7 jack_marshall

jack_marshall

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 2,540 posts

Posted 24 April 2006 - 08:59 PM

schultz underseal is what your after for that thick rippled effect. It does not come in a spray can though,
you need a compressor or there is a pump version too.

That will do what you want. Dont apply it too thick though as it may look as if you are covering up dodgy workmanship.

Schultz is underseal and will not look pretty with color over the top.

If you want color on top but hard wearing, stonechip from a compressor gun is what you need.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users