264 replies to this topic

#61 lulu85ritz

lulu85ritz

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,308 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 10:16 AM

Never really thought much of westys 'til I went to that meeting . Best meeting I've ever been to!

I get it now sorry didn't get the lingo!lol

#62 ross k

ross k

Speeding Along Now

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 498 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 10:31 AM

i went to a scrapyard like that near me recently soar so many classics few minis a volvo p5 few moggys few real old style cars was really cool to see them but sad to should have took some pictures

#63 lulu85ritz

lulu85ritz

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,308 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 10:44 AM

i went to a scrapyard like that near me recently soar so many classics few minis a volvo p5 few moggys few real old style cars was really cool to see them but sad to should have took some pictures

Where was this? Any 30's style? Deffo get pics!

#64 kieranjt

kieranjt

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 11:13 AM

I want these Tonkas!

Posted Image

Ive got these but less broken! plus the dumper truck one they did, i remember sitting in it and going down the hill outside my parents house when i was little-er

#65 ross k

ross k

Speeding Along Now

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 498 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 11:38 AM

went their around a year ago will get some pics if i go back it was near hawkhurst in kent i went their with my friend as they have a fiat 126 in the yard and he needed new hubs

#66 minimaxie

minimaxie

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,687 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 11:40 AM

There is a beautiful bright Yellow/Bronze Ford Anglia 150e Deluxe that's literally right round the corner from me. I don't think it's abandoned, but rather a "project" owned by one of the guys that works in the garage forcourt it's sitting in. I've never seen it move apart from once when they were pushing it into the workshop. It's always left out in the elements everytime I'm coming home from work on the bus. Never thought of taking a pic of it but it looks fairly solid everytime I go past it. Next to Minis, old Fords are second favourite, and I'm half tempted to make them offer when I go to get Sheldons tracking done next. Just need to tidy up my garage to put her in :lol: will try n take a pic next time I go past it. This would be similar to what I would want my Anglia to look like if I had one Posted Image *sighs* one can only dream :cry: ..........

Oh there's also an old "project" mould gathering (but solid looking) Mk2 Ford Cortina sitting on someones drive next to where my girlfriends aunt lives in Dagenham, presumably, it's most likely an original Dagenham Motors Ford too. Same colour as this beaut Posted Image
Again, next time I'm around that way, I'll try n get a pic. Always wanted to ask the owner of that one what their plans are for it, always interesting to talk to fellow classic car enthusiasts

Edited by minimaxie, 03 April 2013 - 11:42 AM.

#67 lulu85ritz

lulu85ritz

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,308 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 11:47 AM

Cool would love to see pics! I love old fords too!

#68 lulu85ritz

lulu85ritz

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,308 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 11:48 AM

I want these Tonkas!

Posted Image

Ive got these but less broken! plus the dumper truck one they did, i remember sitting in it and going down the hill outside my parents house when i was little-er

I am going to go back this week and ask if i can have them and restore them for my little boy he would love them!

#69 minimaxie

minimaxie

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,687 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 11:53 AM

I can definitely get some pics of that Anglia I was talking about now that the weather is starting to cheer up. The guys that work at that garage are all old skool type so I'm sure they won't mind me taking some pics to share. The garage nextdoor to them always has some real nice old motors, including some old Americana there too

#70 lulu85ritz

lulu85ritz

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,308 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 01:01 PM

I can definitely get some pics of that Anglia I was talking about now that the weather is starting to cheer up. The guys that work at that garage are all old skool type so I'm sure they won't mind me taking some pics to share. The garage nextdoor to them always has some real nice old motors, including some old Americana there too

Cool will have to wait and see that then i love anglias but i want a 50's pop to rod!

#71 mab01uk

mab01uk

Moved Into The Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,803 posts
  • Local Club: Mini Cooper Register

Posted 03 April 2013 - 05:23 PM

Cool will have to wait and see that then i love anglias but i want a 50's pop to rod!

The late Micky Bray was a friend of mine who built the famous Ford Pop - Pinball Wizard. He was also a Mini Se7en Racer in the 1990's and shared his first race Mini with my late brother but Micky sadly died from cancer a few years ago.

Some pics of Pinball Wizard here:
http://www.rodsnsods.co.uk/forum/whatever-happened/micky-bray-ford-pop-pinball-wizard-42136

#72 lulu85ritz

lulu85ritz

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,308 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 05:30 PM

The late Micky Bray was a friend of mine who built the famous Ford Pop - Pinball Wizard. He was also a Mini Se7en Racer in the 1990's and shared his first race Mini with my late brother but Micky sadly died from cancer a few years ago.

Some pics of Pinball Wizard here:
http://www.rodsnsods...ll-wizard-42136

I am a member of that forum!lol. That pop is amazing i love the colour or should i say colours! Also i have a friend called Tom Bray he has a 100e hotrod wonder if theres any relation?

#73 mab01uk

mab01uk

Moved Into The Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,803 posts
  • Local Club: Mini Cooper Register

Posted 03 April 2013 - 05:53 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Pinball Wizard in the 1970's and the Corgi version of Mickey Brays Mini 7 Racer.

"The late Mickey Bray`s Metalflake Mini 7 car was built by Mickey in the late 80`s and was campaigned every year up until the end of 2005 during which time the car did not suffer any major accident damage. A testament to Mickeys` driving. The car was simple, ultra competive and very reliable. In the highly competitive world of Mini 7 racing Mickey invariably finished in or around the top 10, winning at Brands Hatch in 1998 whilst overcoming a 10 sec start penalty. The cars last outing was the last race of 2005 at Rockingham Motor Speedway where it finished 6th."
http://www.redshoes-...1921&cat=search

Edited by mab01uk, 03 April 2013 - 06:02 PM.

#74 leaky

leaky

Iv never hit a penguin in the face with a casserole

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,890 posts
  • Local Club: Basingstoke Mini Club

Posted 03 April 2013 - 06:13 PM

This is parked not far from my house.

Posted Image
Posted Image

Theres an old bus in the field behind it as well.

#75 leaky

leaky

Iv never hit a penguin in the face with a casserole

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,890 posts
  • Local Club: Basingstoke Mini Club

Posted 03 April 2013 - 06:27 PM

Then this is at the back of an industrial estate near my house.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Thats just a bit of it! There a loads of old quarry boats from about 40 years ago when the area behind was a working quarry. Plus a worker on the site told me that that old building you can just about see behind the lorry in the last pic is stuffed full of old motors. It is all blocked up though and theres no way to see whats inside.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users