#1 rubinio

rubinio

Passed Test

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 09:37 PM

Hi Folks,

I cut the sill of my car today (a clubman estate) now they were the original sills but there appeared to be no jacking point positioned next to the cross member, now im presuming that it would never have had one there, is this correct?

my other question is regarding the slinging shoes and brackets within the sill, im going to remove the shoes as they serve no purpose sort of like the minis appendix!) do the brackets and threaded nuts within the sill add anything structural to the sill and therefore should i replace them with some home made brackets or should I simply omit them completely?

thanks in advance

Jamie

#2 Archived4

Archived4

One Carb Or Two?

• Archived
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 822 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 09:47 PM

You can bin the brackets with the nuts in the sill. They offer no structural support or strength due to their positioning and size. They were a factory production bracket to support the car in the production process. Sorry I can't help regards the jacking point as I have no knowledge of the estate or van platform. :shy:

#3 rubinio

rubinio

Passed Test

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 09:38 PM

cheers smiler, im probably going to omit the two slinging inserts as well as the shoes but ill make up some brackets to tie the two sills together at a number of points along its length to retain some integrity

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: rust repair

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users