33 replies to this topic

#1 snozholls

snozholls

Passed Test

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 05:06 PM

hi everyone ,bad news I have had my 1275 gt stolen from south Birmingham area .Please look out for a silver colour 1275gt, with de-seamed A panels and back panels but still has roof seems, approx. 58k on the clock, standard seats front and rear and colour coded silver dash. license plate SJN 608W. It also has a centre exit twin upswept exhaust, denovo 12" original hubcaps. Please pass this on to anyone who you think could help find my car. Thanks

Attached Files

#2 oltonlad

oltonlad

Up Into Fourth

• Banned from Buying/Selling
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,401 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 05:12 PM

another one? when was this car taken? thats the second theft/attempted theft in birmingham this week, surely the police must start clamping down on this now as it is getting beyond a joke, even if it means pulling over mini's that they see driving along to make sure that they are legit!, there aren't that many classic mini's driving around so it cant be all that difficult to do can it?
its going to come to a point when people are going to be afraid to leave their classic mini anywhere and values will plummet because people wont want to buy them because they will feel that they cant use them incase some scumbag tries to steal it!

#3 snozholls

snozholls

Passed Test

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 05:27 PM

Thanks for your comment. It was taken from my garage sometime between Wednesday and today. What more can I do it was locked away and the battery was disconnected. I'm gutted!

#4 BronkoMini

BronkoMini

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,484 posts
  • Local Club: Mini Fixers

Posted 07 April 2013 - 05:29 PM

That's bad hope you find it and the scrots get caught, as your new to the forum watch what you say, you must be pretty peed of

#5 BronkoMini

BronkoMini

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,484 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 05:29 PM

taken from your garage? how did they get in do you know, and have the police come round etc

#6 snozholls

snozholls

Passed Test

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 05:42 PM

They forced the lock on the garage door. None of the neighbours heard anything and it's a quiet cul de sac so I presume they've rolled it out???

#7 JimminyBob

JimminyBob

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 384 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 05:55 PM

Hope you get your Mini back, someone was showing me a picture of yours just the other day as an example of what my silver 1275GT will look like painted.

#8 mab01uk

mab01uk

Moved Into The Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,777 posts
  • Local Club: Mini Cooper Register

Posted 07 April 2013 - 06:12 PM

I've posted on 1275GT section of MCR forum:
http://forum.minicoo...ead.php?t=18182

#9 mab01uk

mab01uk

Moved Into The Garage

• Members
  • 11,777 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 06:16 PM

another one? when was this car taken? thats the second theft/attempted theft in birmingham this week, surely the police must start clamping down on this now as it is getting beyond a joke, even if it means pulling over mini's that they see driving along to make sure that they are legit!, there aren't that many classic mini's driving around so it cant be all that difficult to do can it?
its going to come to a point when people are going to be afraid to leave their classic mini anywhere and values will plummet because people wont want to buy them because they will feel that they cant use them incase some scumbag tries to steal it!

Started happening last year........

8 October 2012
POLICE are advising classic Mini owners to be vigilant following some recent vehicle thefts in the West Midlands.
Between April 2012 and October 2012, there have been 17 reported thefts of old-style Minis in the region, in particular Austin Minis and Mini Coopers.
PC Graham Tomlinson, from the Vehicle Investigation Team in Birmingham, said: "We would encourage all car owners to take some simple precautions to reduce the likelihood of becoming a victim of vehicle crime.
"Simple steps such as buying a steering or gear lock, fitting an alarm or considering fitting a vehicle tracking device can make it much harder for a vehicle thief."
Officers are following up a number of lines of enquiry but are keen to hear from anyone with information to come forward and help with their investigation.
Safety tips for motorists can be found by visiting the Safer Motors website at www.safermotors.co.uk.
West Midlands Police can be contacted on 101. Alternatively, information can be provided to the independent charity Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
http://www.west-midl....m.asp?id=10296

#10 BronkoMini

BronkoMini

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,484 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 06:24 PM

They forced the lock on the garage door. None of the neighbours heard anything and it's a quiet cul de sac so I presume they've rolled it out???

Makes me think that nothings going to stop them even a garage, well hope you get it back anyway.

#11 oltonlad

oltonlad

Up Into Fourth

• Banned from Buying/Selling
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,401 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 06:27 PM

makes me wonder whats happening to all of these stolen mini's because none of the ones that have been stolen have ever been recovered as far as i know, it's obviously the same people doing it all of the time.

#12 PaddyShepherd

PaddyShepherd

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 687 posts
  • Local Club: BOGMOG

Posted 07 April 2013 - 06:32 PM

makes me wonder whats happening to all of these stolen mini's because none of the ones that have been stolen have ever been recovered as far as i know, it's obviously the same people doing it all of the time.

Unfortunately probably straight on a ship to another country, japan or something maybe.

#13 mab01uk

mab01uk

Moved Into The Garage

• Members
  • 11,777 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 06:32 PM

Makes me think that nothings going to stop them even a garage, well hope you get it back anyway.

Sadly when working on your Mini these days you need to keep the garage door closed from prying eyes......the 'scrap metal collectors' cruise even the quietest cul de sac's looking for their treasure. Also beware of cars following you home to come back another time.........if in doubt take a route which makes it obvious they are following you before taking some avoiding action.......

#14 BronkoMini

BronkoMini

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,484 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 06:33 PM

The border agency should check that the thing being exported are not stolen

#15 mab01uk

mab01uk

Moved Into The Garage

• Members
  • 11,777 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 06:34 PM

Mainly this happens and the parts get sold on:
http://www.theminifo...-county-durham/

Remains of J998 RBR Mini Cooper S spi hardly recognisable :(

J998 RBR Mini Cooper S spi stolen from Chester-Le-Steet Dec 20th 2012.
The car was recovered from Wingate County Durham on the 22th.
The car had been stripped.
The car had a full restoration new inner and outer wings floors and subframe and a lot of time money and welding with a full respray which was completed on the 18th DEC.
Out of the Garage and on the road 19th DEC.

http://www.ebay.co.u...=p2047675.l2557

Edited by mab01uk, 07 April 2013 - 06:39 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users