Finally I have an update!
After months of very little progress I am up and running again. The reason I couldn't progress was because I couldn't sort out any gas for the welder.
Any way that's all sorted now and I have been working on the front cross member and bulkhead.
over the past couple of days I have fabricated a section of the lower front parcel shelf and welded it in and finished welding in my repair pieces onto the front cross member. Besides this I have fabricated an end repair piece for the lower dash rail and that is welded in now.
It doesn't look like much has happened but all the fiddly jobs take the time.
I should manage to get the next lot of panels ordered this week so that will be the top dash rail, scuttle, inner wing complete and inner sill as well as the windscreen frame boxing panel and door pillar boxing plate.
This end of the cross member was totally rotten so I have replaced the front and bottom or it
I have fabricated this end of the lower parcel shelf and welded in place. this was before I had put in the other piece as I wanted to add it a bit at a time so it all stays in the right place.
This is the other bit I fabricated to go in, and yes I did de-rust all the visible rust to the left of the picture before I welded it in place.
After a quick grind up, jobs a Godden. I shall tidy up the welds some more before it gets its proper primer when the rest of the shell is done.
And I put in the end piece of lower dash rail that I made but it still needs ore work along the top. God that's an awfull shape to reproduce as it tapers of flatter towards the door post!
So that's my days work done.
Doesn't look a lot but it was very bad in that area and needed a lot of work.
Tomorrow ill be working on the lower bulkhead that I replaced before to get that all finished off then hopefully by then ill have some panels!!
Comments welcome as always