Photo
- - - - -

Anyone Fancy Buying The 'longbridge Tunnel Mini' ? It's For Sale At Auction Soon

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
293 replies to this topic

#31 stevem4323

stevem4323

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 04:33 PM

Should be in Gaydon.

Gaydon already don't have enough space or funds for the cars they aready have, many of witch aren't in the museum but stored outside.

stored outside in the rain apparantley

#32 ginsters

ginsters

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 04:37 PM

a mini is a mini

no matter where it came from how rare it is etc,every one of them has a story and history far more interesting and important then that ones i don't see what the fuss is about it if it was bought and put in a museum or even restored it adds nothing to the history or character of the (MINI) 

vanity!

#33 mk1leg

mk1leg

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,341 posts
  • Local Club: Mini Club Jersey, MCR

Posted 11 May 2013 - 05:10 PM

.what he needs to do is set up a site where mini nuts like us can give you a donation of say £10 and then you can have funds to do it yourself and we can all own it in a way............... :highfive:

#34 stevem4323

stevem4323

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 05:20 PM

nice idea but its been bad enough with just me owning it ...imagine 200 people owning it ..i would have a breakdown

#35 mab01uk

mab01uk

Moved Into The Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,795 posts
  • Local Club: Mini Cooper Register

Posted 11 May 2013 - 08:01 PM

Im just glad someone saved it big thumbs up to you stevem4323 Im sure all of us would have done the same if we had thought of it first / put in all the hard work to get it out!

cheers mate ...i love the posative comments would be nice to see it stay as it is in a good collection somewhere

I agree......well done for saving it, you deserve any profit you make for your efforts.  :thumbsup:

Whoever wins the auction can decide what to do with this interesting bit of Mini history and the price achieved will at least show whether many think it is a good long term investment as a static museum piece or to restore as a running car again.

Edited by mab01uk, 11 May 2013 - 08:04 PM.

#36 Shifty

Shifty

Sponsored by Fosters (tm)

• Admin
  • 13,128 posts
  • Name: Sean
  • Local Club: TMF

Posted 11 May 2013 - 08:07 PM

i don't see any value in restoring the car, its always gonna be worth more in 'as found' condition.

#37 tractor

tractor

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 662 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 08:17 PM

Who'd be up for putting a consortium together?

A the more people involved the less the risk will be

But whoever joins my consortium will sign up to preserving it 'as found'

Trac

#38 stevem4323

stevem4323

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 08:20 PM

Who'd be up for putting a consortium together?

A the more people involved the less the risk will be

But whoever joins my consortium will sign up to preserving it 'as found'

Trac

sounds like a great idea ..with the wealth of knowledge on here you could do wonders with it ...or leave it "as is"

#39 tractor

tractor

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 662 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 08:23 PM

Bit like owning a race horse but with out the huge running costs

#40 Shifty

Shifty

Sponsored by Fosters (tm)

• Admin
  • 13,128 posts
  • Name: Sean
  • Local Club: TMF

Posted 11 May 2013 - 08:30 PM

I'd like it to put in a glass cage in the middle of my front room!!

(although my front room isn't big enough to house said cage, must check the lottery)

#41 Archived1

Archived1

Super Mini Mad

• Archived
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 619 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 09:59 AM

Lots of hype surrounded this mini with questions about the rights/wrongs of pulling it from its rightful resting place. The owner had long posts on here about doing the right thing with saving this car and making sure its always there for the fans.

So what happened? now its for sale?

I know its his to do with as he likes but after I stuck up for him at the time I now feel a little let down to say the least.

Sometimes we are only custodians of valuable mini history and as such there are some rights and responsibilities that comes with that position.

Lets hope it ends up in good hands this time.

#42 stevem4323

stevem4323

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 11:22 AM

can i just say i posted a couple of weeks ago i was making the mini available for viewing for its "fans" on a weekend in the near future ...not one reply from the forum even though its had nearly 50,000 views on here ,.... i have had many people come to see the mini and also have a facebook site for it with people having the opportunity to view or suggest the next thing to do with it ...i also tried to keep it in the press and kep its profile pretty bouyant but there is only so much i can do when i have my own business and family to run ....and by the way many many people at the mini show at bingley hall came and seen it and enjoyed and gave their opinions all good i add ...and until its auction the offer is still open to come and have a look...and as for it being in "good hands" next time i hope so to

#43 tractor

tractor

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 662 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 11:55 AM

Beginning to understand why you don't want to own it anymore Steve

And if remember rightly you were only putting the viewing weekend on because the pride of long bridge people didn't want it there so a lot of people missed out seeing it.

And before pol come on here saying they did want it there, your talking bo#%^cks because if you did want it there you would of sent a traylor to pick it up, not be running around the night before the event trying to ring Steve

Trac

#44 mad mk1

mad mk1

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 746 posts
  • Local Club: TurboMinis.co.uk

Posted 12 May 2013 - 11:58 AM

Leave the bloke alone if he did not get it out of the hole, NO ONE  would of seen it at all!! I hope you Make a S==t load of cash off it steve!!! as you had the stones to get it out of there.

Why are members having a go at him? and saying school boy stuff? I see this as just one more mini just like all the old works cars you see sell for loads of cash now a days no one tells them what to do with there cars!

I think you Should of put it on ebay long time ago and I bet if you put Turbo,Race, MED, KAD, works, Space Ship,  in the add you will made twice as much.

#45 Carlos W

Carlos W

Mine is purple, but I have been told that's normal

• TMF+ Member
  • 10,110 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 12:02 PM

Good luck with the auction Steve, I hope the car hasn't become like a millstone around your neck!

Can I come and see it and take some pics before it sells? 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users